Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rele

Disabling controversial features

28 posts in this topic

The thing is, ppl don't play on private server because they want 100% Blizzlike. Retail is 100% blizzlike and guys who like the game being easier, less time consuming and generally "player friendly" just stay on retail, and it's nothing wrong with it.

Most of the players on private sever scene left retail for a number of reasons but the most important one was that the balance between "player firendly" and "challenging" has been shaken.

What's the point of making Cata/MOP/WOD/Legion 100% Blizzlike server? If you liked those expansion you just play retail, if not, you're expecting something more. I believe that with some tweaking, these expansions could be great. Removing dungeon finder would be a first step to that greatness.

6 minutes ago, pvescrub said:

Pray tell how you make those decisions, the flying debacle on retail alone was split pretty much 50-50.

Just let it be know beforehand how casual friendly you intend to be, because it might be a deciding factor for some people. And honesty is the best approach. Don't be too Blizzlike in this at least ;)

All decisions are made by Asura after consultation with the other devs, testers, and finally, should it be a significant decision, with input from the forum community here.

At the end of the day however, Asura is king, and what he wants is what happens. Decisions far ahead multiple expansions down the line haven't been talked about yet. I doubt he's given it more than a fleeting thought at this point, and certainly he isn't going to commit to anything in an expansion he hasn't started working on. Unfortunately, long term promises about potential future content is not something that is going to be given out.

As I said in my post above, those are my personal opinions on things the team may discuss changing further down the line.

2 minutes ago, Macu said:

The thing is, ppl don't play on private server because they want 100% Blizzlike. Retail is 100% blizzlike and guys who like the game being easier, less time consuming and generally "player friendly" just stay on retail, and it's nothing wrong with it.

Most of the players on private sever scene left retail for a number of reasons but the most important one was that the balance between "player firendly" and "challenging" has been shaken.

What's the point of making Cata/MOP/WOD/Legion 100% Blizzlike server? If you liked those expansion you just play retail, if not, you're expecting something more. I believe that with some tweaking, these expansions could be great. Removing dungeon finder would be a first step to that greatness.

Dude... The Blizzlike stuff we are now talking about is no longer on retail. So retail being Blizzlike is true for the current content.