Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pvescrub

Blizzlike vs. Blizzlike+

Blizzlike vs. Blizzlike+   112 members have voted

1. 1. What is your take on the matter? Would you like to experience the WoW of years gone by in as Blizzlike fashion as possible, or would you prefer some changes?

• Give me my nostalgia hit! - As Blizzlike as possible
    • I prefer some tweaking and tuning here and there..
    • I'm fine with entire features being cut - Blizzlike+, it's more or less Blizzlike after all

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
58 posts in this topic

The matter is a bit muddy. Most likely 100% Blizzlike action is not even a possibility. And the premise of Crestfall is already one with overtuning raids on release, so as Blizzlike as possible will not even happen here. But that isn't the point of the poll, the point is, how would you prefer things to go if you had the say in the matter. Which we obviously don't, but that's why this is in the feedback portion of the forums.

I was a wee bit inspired by a recent forum interaction I had here, when the idea of entire features being removed was floated around. And there have been a lot of controversial features in WoW over the time (on retail, why not on private servers too). I'll list a few here, might even make individual polls on some of them later.

-Flight on/off: This is a big one, on retail at least. Probably couldn't be turned off for TBC, seeing as there are quite a few places that would then be out of reach. Even instances. But how about flight in Cataclysm Azeroth? That'll be coming up eventually too.

-"Welfare" epics for justice/valor/honor/conquest points: Should tier be only reachable by raiding? The eternal elite vs. plebs debacle.

-Raid tier time reductions: No one obviously likes ToC, so its duration should be reduced, Ulduar extended and ICC pushed out earlier.

-Summoning stones activated or not: Believe it or not, this is a point of contention for some. Could/would reduce people in the world and wPVP I suppose. 

-LFD/LFR: The destroyers of server communities and wPVP. Would it matter on a single server community and on a PVE server? Who knows...

-Tier in LFR: If LFR is in the game, should the not-real-raiders receive tier there or not?

-Pandas: Should the whole of MoP just be skipped?

These came immediately to mind. But there are many such points to start tinkering with a game due to personal preferences.

Personally I feel it's a slippery slope that leads to a road that is paved with good intentions...

Bro. Vanilla ain't even out yet. 

If it were up to me I'd simply let all specs be viable and give each faction Pala/Shaman in Vanilla.

1 hour ago, Adalon said:

If it were up to me I'd simply let all specs be viable and give each faction Pala/Shaman in Vanilla.

Yea screw vanilla lets just play retail and forget about everything right?

2 hours ago, Devair said:

Yea screw vanilla lets just play retail and forget about everything right?

Fast-forwarding to TBC is nowhere near the same thing as playing retail. Troll elsewhere.

For me the term "Blizzlike" loses it prestige the further you go. Blizzlike vanilla/TBC? Yes please. Blizzlike WotLK? Suuuure but I'd prefer some tweaks. Blizzlike Cataclysm/Mop/WoD? No ty.

Posted (edited)

Well, let's think for a second, first consider that the further expansion you go to, the more custom/blizzlike+ changes are warranted. Next look at how many custom/blizzlike+ changes have already been planned, and we're only on Vanilla. Logic says to me we will probably see more custom changes going forward into future expansion. I wouldn't worry too much, I trust Asura will be able to figure out what's best when the time comes, not only that, but I'm sure the points OP made will get repeated dozens of times between now and then.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Oh, I'm sure everything will be chewed regurgitated and re-chewed manymany times, I just thought it might be interesting to see how the opinions actually spread on this topic. Maybe even useful info for the devs.

And in my opinion it's best to be prepared early. I remember so many threads concerning retail WoW, when beta testers give feedback on broken systems, only to get told "it's only beta, it'll be fixed by release". Not by Blizzard, mind you, they won't interact with such topics, the reassurance comes from fellow players. Ans pretty much all those broken systems then make it live anyway, in the exact state they were on the beta. And then people throw hissy fits claiming stuff wasn't even tested.

The earlier devs are aware of the wishes of the playerbase, the better, should they opt to listen to the filthy masses. 

And in addition to this poll, it'd be interesting at least for me to know at what point and which changes would people personally be willing to live with. Or even advocate for. 

As someone already said, the further towards modern era of WoW it gets, the less being Blizzlike holds value. Ion & Co in my opinion ruined WoW. Removed even the faint RPG-elements from the MMORPG and turned it into a bastardized diablofied wreck. Having said that, I did like MoP more than Cata. And end of Cata more than the beginning. Just remembering the fun factor I experienced. But that can also partly be attributed to the company I was playing with.

18 hours ago, pvescrub said:

bastardized diablofied wreck

Oi, us Diablo I-II fans are hurt by D3 too!

It's difficult topic. Sure, some tweaking and tuning would be good. If devs know when to stop.

23 hours ago, pvescrub said:

As someone already said, the further towards modern era of WoW it gets, the less being Blizzlike holds value. Ion & Co in my opinion ruined WoW. Removed even the faint RPG-elements from the MMORPG and turned it into a bastardized diablofied wreck. Having said that, I did like MoP more than Cata. And end of Cata more than the beginning. Just remembering the fun factor I experienced. But that can also partly be attributed to the company I was playing with.

Cata was my favorite xpac for pvp, my guild had tons of fun with rated battlegrounds.  MoP was surprisingly ok storywise, given what has come before and since lately.  I gave up with WoD, pvp had lost its shine and the pve got straight up boring.

2 hours ago, Humperdink said:

Cata was my favorite xpac for pvp, my guild had tons of fun with rated battlegrounds.  MoP was surprisingly ok storywise, given what has come before and since lately.  I gave up with WoD, pvp had lost its shine and the pve got straight up boring.

For me pvp:

1.  wotlk whas best when it come to class. Loved Enhancement then. 

2. Cara  only because of RBG. 

But best exp are in total vanilla/tbc because of feeling. 

Posted (edited)

On 5/24/2017 at 7:58 AM, pvescrub said:

The earlier devs are aware of the wishes of the playerbase, the better, should they opt to listen to the filthy masses. 

But, what are the wishes of the playerbase? There's a million of us with a million different opinions of what "blizzlike" actually is. Don't get me wrong, I think that's what your poll is sort-of for. Personally, give me day one wow, but with viable boomkins and transmog avaiable. That's crazy, I know, but it combines the things I enjoyed while on retail.

I feel like, all through this website, Asura and Darkrasp and co. have mapped out pretty well what they're going to do. They'll take suggestions, and read your worries and debate what to do. But in the end, it's their way or the motorway. 

But I hope we all come together and in unison shout, "No dam RFD" 

Edited by Ugondiss

46 minutes ago, Ugondiss said:

?? RFD is not so bad. Loot is great for its level range, but the design is too similar to RFK.

Posted (edited)

I have 4 changes i would love if posible:

1. LOS working in vanilla as later expansions. Not be able shoot through trees and stones. Makes pvp much more fun an skillfull. 

2. RBG in tbc (prob impossible)

3. No RDF/RaidFinder

4. No worldchat

Edited by Sherekhan

3 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

But, what are the wishes of the playerbase? There's a million of us with a million different opinions of what "blizzlike" actually is. Don't get me wrong, I think that's what your poll is sort-of for. Personally, give me day one wow, but with viable boomkins and transmog avaiable. That's crazy, I know, but it combines the things I enjoyed while on retail.

I feel like, all through this website, Asura and Darkrasp and co. have mapped out pretty well what they're going to do. They'll take suggestions, and read your worries and debate what to do. But in the end, it's their way or the motorway. 

Ye imo making a topic with answer like "I'm fine with cutting entire features" is biased as hell cos some ppl might think that for e.g. devs will cut hunters from the game :P
The poll for a dung/raid finder is a must before TBC launch ( so ppl can vote if devs should remove group finder also or maybe it's fine). Nevertheless Asura will make a final decision, but as many ppl already stated here, after TBC "Blizzlike" ain't a virtue anymore.

RFD is one of my favourite vanilla dungeons man :( Don't remove it plz! :>

People saying "Remove RFD" mean Random Dungeon Finder and have the letters the wrong way around, no one is advocating for removing entire dungeons.

Even if they were, that is something that would not happen under any circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Elicas said:

People saying "Remove RFD" mean Random Dungeon Finder and have the letters the wrong way around, no one is advocating for removing entire dungeons.

Even if they were, that is something that would not happen under any circumstances.

Just trollin' bro :D

46 minutes ago, Macu said:

Just trollin' bro :D

I figured most people would get it, but I wanted to make sure just in case.

It only takes one rumour of "Crestfall is removing RFD from Vanilla" to go around and i'll be stuck doing PR on reddit for a week :P

40 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It only takes one rumour of "Crestfall is removing RFD from Vanilla" to go around and i'll be stuck doing PR on reddit for a week :P

PR on Reddit was one of those circles of Hell so awful Dante left it out

3 hours ago, Macu said:

Ye imo making a topic with answer like "I'm fine with cutting entire features" is biased as hell cos some ppl might think that for e.g. devs will cut hunters from the game :P
The poll for a dung/raid finder is a must before TBC launch ( so ppl can vote if devs should remove group finder also or maybe it's fine). Nevertheless Asura will make a final decision, but as many ppl already stated here, after TBC "Blizzlike" ain't a virtue anymore.

RFD is one of my favourite vanilla dungeons man :( Don't remove it plz! :>

It's not biased if the things are explained, or examples are given. Which I did. Also, there are three options for people to choose from, two extremes and a neutral one, neutral one being what I understood is the route Crestfall was aiming for to begin with.

And I absolutely agree about a RDF-poll. And I'd be fine either way the poll would swing (assuming the poll would influence Asura's decision). I'd be less happy with removal of currency (valor etc) purchases. They are in my opinion a perfectly reasonable balance to RNGsus bending you on a barrel and having his way with you. And it's a way to progress for people who don't want to raid and whatnot.

Oh, I'm so starting a "Remove the Pig-Men dungeons from Crestfall" poll now...

Who's with me?

4 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Oh, I'm so starting a "Remove the Pig-Men dungeons from Crestfall" poll now...

Who's with me?

I'm not saying I'd cut you.

But i'm not not saying it either.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

I'd join <Elicas' Cutters>

5 hours ago, Elicas said:

I was 5 mins from going to the Q&A thread and posting this:

"I've heard it confirmed that Crestfall will launch without some of the classic 5 man dungeons. May I ask Why?"

Something stopped me from it. I realize now it was the love I have of my own neck.