Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pvescrub

Blizzlike vs. Blizzlike+

Blizzlike vs. Blizzlike+   112 members have voted

1. 1. What is your take on the matter? Would you like to experience the WoW of years gone by in as Blizzlike fashion as possible, or would you prefer some changes?

• Give me my nostalgia hit! - As Blizzlike as possible
    • I prefer some tweaking and tuning here and there..
    • I'm fine with entire features being cut - Blizzlike+, it's more or less Blizzlike after all

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just remove the sounds noise of pig-man dying and i will be happy.

Edited by Zniki

9 hours ago, Zniki said:

9 hours ago, Elicas said:

What the hell did I just watch and experience ? 

Alright, so personal opinion here. Wraith was best expansion lore/story wise. As I enjoyed seeing the darker side of wow.

As far as the poll goes. I would like see things like los fixed. That is one of my biggest gripes in both pve/pvp.

I would also like to see the exploits/cheats fixed. As well as bugs in general that blizz didn't get around to.

I guess my mindset is more along the lines of a minimalist approach. I am not a big fan of a lot of the QOL changes that have been made over the years.

I found that rather enjoyable and relaxing. I can't even remember how many Quilboar's I have killed in my 12+ years on the horde. Not to mention how many countless times I ran those damn dungeons. I would put this right up there with my love/hate relationship with the Hyena's.

On 2017-5-26 at 1:09 PM, Humperdink said:

PR on Reddit was one of those circles of Hell so awful Dante left it out

Best shit I've read in a long time. Gratz!

On 5/27/2017 at 0:34 AM, Zniki said:

21 hours ago, Codemonster said:

I would also like to see the exploits/cheats fixed. As well as bugs in general that blizz didn't get around to.

Which exploits/cheats existed in vanilla then? And fixing bugs is a top priority for Crestfall Devs as no one wants to play a buggy server.

15 hours ago, Sallerius said:

snip

That video cracks me up every time.

I have always been a favor of a Blizzard+ experience.

Small tweaks like LoS fixes, fixing Blizzard bugs and things like that I think improve gameplay overall without detracting from the look and feel of Vanilla.

Other features such as always auto-loot, and things like make the overall experience better IMO.

1 hour ago, falconertomt said:

I have always been a favor of a Blizzard+ experience.

Small tweaks like LoS fixes, fixing Blizzard bugs and things like that I think improve gameplay overall without detracting from the look and feel of Vanilla.

Other features such as always auto-loot, and things like make the overall experience better IMO.

But that's not what Blizzlike+ means in this context. As @Elicas outlined it himself, that'd include chopping off entire features, not just tweaking stuff. 

16 hours ago, pvescrub said:

But that's not what Blizzlike+ means in this context. As @Elicas outlined it himself, that'd include chopping off entire features, not just tweaking stuff. 

Hmmmm, can you point out where this as been said? Cause i'm pretty sure i have red the opposite.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:01 PM, Elicas said:

The following is my personal opinion, and does not reflect what will happen further down the line;

I could very well see us changing some raid tiers in WotLK. Extending how long Ulduar is out for before releasing ToC (and making ToC last much less time), as well as removing tier gear from justice/valour badges.

I could also see us disabling LFR and LFD.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:55 PM, Elicas said:

Crestfall has moved some way from the pure "Blizzlike" moniker.

We're Blizzlike+, Blizzlike is the base, but we will make any changes we see fit for the long term health and betterment of the server.

1 hour ago, WaMpa said:

Hmmmm, can you point out where this as been said? Cause i'm pretty sure i have red the opposite.

Sure thing, his words are quoted above. From a thread about removing controversial features, on this very segment of the forum.

Those opinions indeed were the reason for me open this poll. There's no harm in the devs knowing how the players/potential players feel about the stuff.

It's entirely up to them what they do with the info. I hope there will be more votes in the future to give a better picture.

Just to pop in and touch base here for a second.

Blizzlike+ could include chopping out features that we feel move away from the core WoW experience. How we are going to tune/adjust features as the game moves forward in expansions is much different to how we would tune/adjust features in Vanilla.

We are not "Blizzlike" however, not one single server release so far has been, and I very much doubt one ever will be. Every time you make a change you are trying to improve on what Blizzard did before, with the benefit of hindsight.

3 hours ago, Elicas said:

Just to pop in and touch base here for a second.

Blizzlike+ could include chopping out features that we feel move away from the core WoW experience. How we are going to tune/adjust features as the game moves forward in expansions is much different to how we would tune/adjust features in Vanilla.

We are not "Blizzlike" however, not one single server release so far has been, and I very much doubt one ever will be. Every time you make a change you are trying to improve on what Blizzard did before, with the benefit of hindsight.

Which has in my opinion been represented here. I think I clearly acknowledged the fact that the server will not even be as Blizzlike as possible, on the premise of the dev statements on tuning and tweaking so far. 

That could is the very reason I made this poll. Information on opinions on such changes can't hurt, right?

Blizzlike+ may have been a bad fit for the other opposite choice in this poll, due to the fluid nature of what one means with it. The explanations should however do justice to the options.

Also it was a bit of a play on Atheism and Atheism+, which were pretty much nothing like one another in the end...

33 minutes ago, pvescrub said:

Which has in my opinion been represented here. I think I clearly acknowledged the fact that the server will not even be as Blizzlike as possible, on the premise of the dev statements on tuning and tweaking so far. 

That could is the very reason I made this poll. Information on opinions on such changes can't hurt, right?

Blizzlike+ may have been a bad fit for the other opposite choice in this poll, due to the fluid nature of what one means with it. The explanations should however do justice to the options.

Also it was a bit of a play on Atheism and Atheism+, which were pretty much nothing like one another in the end...

You've definitely been very fair, I just wanted to make sure there was an 'official' post stating the obvious so nothing was misconstrued.

The poll itself has been very useful as well, showing an overwhelming majority in favour of at least some tweaking.

The fine point for us will be finding the right balance between what is acceptable to the majority of the community and what isn't, much the same as every other team has to.

As long as I'm CM, we wont be making any huge Blizzlike deviations without polling the community first. We'll ask for your opinions and we'll listen to all points put forward. However, at the end of the day this is Asuras baby and he has final say in all decisions.

Personally I feel it's a slippery slope that leads to a road that is paved with good intentions...

If any significant tweaks turned out unpopular the devs would definitely have to be on their toes and have a contingency in place i.e. the means to undo it immediately. They'd probably also have to be two+ steps ahead and give serious consideration to how any major tweaks or undoing of major tweaks will affect their plan going forward. That said, I'm liking the idea of Blizzlike++++++. I was thinking the other day I'd love to see a server progress through patch cycles but retain mechanics as close to vanilla as possible. Quality of life features like always auto-loot should, in my opinion, be implemented from day one.

-Flight on/off: This is a big one, on retail at least. Probably couldn't be turned off for TBC, seeing as there are quite a few places that would then be out of reach. Even instances. But how about flight in Cataclysm Azeroth? That'll be coming up eventually too.

Flight totally could be turned off for BC and Wrath. Just put FPs, portals, bridges, ladders, ramps, items, or other means to access areas previously restricted by flight. I'm sure we could just level gate areas that were meant to be max level only and restricted to flying with a gold sink pass to emulate flight training purchase or something.

-"Welfare" epics for justice/valor/honor/conquest points: Should tier be only reachable by raiding? The eternal elite vs. plebs debacle.

Get rid of them. I don't mean get rid of unique art assets and recolors, but they should not be epics. Make them dungeon tiers. Dungeon grinding gives you dungeon tiers, not epics. Bosses can drop your epics. Tweak boss loot tables to make up for it. Maybe just dump the epics into boss loot tables completely. I don't know, I'm not a game developer, but surely there is a solution that removes epics from NPCs. As for PvP gear purchasable with honor, hasn't it always been that way? Maybe gate it behind PvP ranks or reputation, within reason.

-Raid tier time reductions: No one obviously likes ToC, so its duration should be reduced, Ulduar extended and ICC pushed out earlier.

If the majority hate a raid tier and would like to just wham bam thank you ma'am then move on to the next, I don't see the problem here. Leave it out long enough to gear, then roll out the next raid tier.

-Summoning stones activated or not: Believe it or not, this is a point of contention for some. Could/would reduce people in the world and wPVP I suppose. 

-LFD/LFR: The destroyers of server communities and wPVP. Would it matter on a single server community and on a PVE server? Who knows...

Summoning stones still require part of the group to be out in the world traveling to the instance. They of course should require 2 or 3 players to use. LFD wasn't in and of itself a problem, initially it wasn't cross realm, you were still grouped with people form your realm, and I don't think it popped you right inside the instance. I think LFD can be tweaked for a reasonable compromise between quality of life and facilitating actual gameplay.

1. LFD should not be cross-realm, period. If a server's community is so small it cannot even randomly put people together for dungeons it's time to merge that dead realm unless the players there like being on a very low pop realm (many people do). Merge the server or offer transfers if another server is available. Don't make cross-realm LFD, it's cancer. I had few bad experiences on retail with cross-realm groups but it definitely, tangibly undermines server community and working together.

2. LFD should not pop you right into the dungeon, or move you at all in any way from your current location. All it does is facilitate grouping so you don't have to stand in your faction capital spamming lf1m. Instead you can be out in the world doing stuff.

3. If you want to queue from a capital city you still have to physically bring yourself to the instance or get a summon by the 2-3 others who physically traveled to the summoning stone. This way LFD still requires people to be out in the world.

As for LFR, cut it. I never got much into raiding, but I did dabble a bit in Wrath and pugging raids was easy peasy. The raid browser was sufficient, but you could also just spam the old fashioned way and get invites. A random queue raid finder is a completely unnecessary addition. I get the Blizz devs didn't like spending all that time and money on raid assets only a small fraction of the playerbase would ever see, but realistically I don't think most of us miss out on raid content due to inability to find groups, but rather lack of interest. The 3.3 raid browser is very useful imo, and I think a reasonable compromise between LFR and no group finder at all. Plus, we aren't faced with the risk of budget cuts like they likely were, if 90% of the population doesn't raid it's not the end of CF.

-Tier in LFR: If LFR is in the game, should the not-real-raiders receive tier there or not?

If LFR does make it into the game similarly to retail, I don't really care what gear it rewards. But in keeping with a more vanilla approach (my preference, probably not a lot of other people's) I can see tier getting scrapped and replaced with dungeon sets. I'd again prefer to see LFR gone and stick with the 3.3 raid browser. Maybe even put that bad boy in from the get go to help with last-minute replacements. But LFR, especially as it was in WoD (no clue what it's like in Legion as I no longer play) was a detriment. It was filled with people who refused to l2p and just comical wipefests. Tourist mode dungeons should reward tourist mode items, aka useless souvenirs. Greens, maybe blues.

MoP LFR was fun, but I'm not convinced it warranted tier, even if it was reduced stats. I never tried LFR in Cata.

In lieu of LFR as a gear stop, when a new tier rolls out maybe implement a catchup mechanic in older content. Markedly increased drop rates, for instance, for people to catch up and see the new stuff while it's still relevant if they are willing to get there.

I don't know. I just know that LFR, especially as it was in WoD and to a lesser extent in MoP, doesn't really seem to fit.

-Pandas: Should the whole of MoP just be skipped?

No! If you look past the whole Kung Fu Panda and "but it was an april fools joke originally bawwwww" nonsense MoP had a lot of strong points. I, personally, enjoyed the story. The zones and artwork were stunning and the music was beautiful. This is one point where people are legitimately just being ridiculous. I'd like to see how MoP stands up if it were retooled to older mechanics, 3.x or earlier. But scrapping an entire expansion, beautiful scenery, great ambience, and a change of scenery just because some people want to complain about not taking pandas seriously seems absurd.

Some other things I've mulled over recently. In particular I've never been a fan of Blizz cutting out content, like no longer obtainable and unique gear or the entire vanilla storyline in Cata. If it's realistically possible to keep old versions of dungeons and zones in-tact and accessible in some way (chromie, CoT, something) that would be fantastic. Entire questlines and storylines are gone. Newcomers from Cata onwards won't get to experience them on retail. Keeping these available would also provide alternative questing and leveling opportunities. I don't know how realistic or feasible it would be but it's the single biggest thing I hated about Cata, even above and beyond resto druid changes. >:(

MoP is one of the better expansions in the overall scale. We should skip Cata instead. Skipping anything is silly regardless.

Posted (edited)

Give us LoS! :)  

Not alot of things can be changed in vanilla and certainly not added. But I find the 100% blizzlike experience a dull one.

I know alot of people play vanilla for the nostalgic aspects of the game, especially when it comes to cfalls pte project that allows you to replay an entire period of time.

This is a personal taste or desire, so don't get offended by it, lol. I simply like vanilla for what it is in its entirety. A game where I can slay dragons, fight undead liches and do battle with fierce orcs(yeah bro, ally here!). It's simply the coolest fantasy game for me. Combined with a great sense of reward/achievement system that doesn't feel empty yet is still simple provides a one of a kind gameplay experience for me personally. Its sth no other game has actually ever done to me.( ive only played vanilla for like forever bar going batshit on m&b:wb for well over a year lol)

even for TBC its still this step into outland, with all its nexus' shit and floating crap is something i'm not a major fan of.. I like tbc though! Its more of a who's #1 and who's #2 case, say if i were to pick.. lol

The problem is tuning just a few things in vanilla can fuck shit up. Adding new bosses with new drops cant be done as it would totally skewer with the itemization balance vanilla has atm.

i'm convinced however changes can work and do not detract from the overall gameplay bar the nostalgic element. 

Edited by Marbo

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Marbo said:

Its sth no other game has actually ever done to me.

Swtor is the only other game that has managed to suck me in the way WoW does. I can't be bothered to even try guild wars, eso, and the few other MMOs I have tried I got bored. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about these two games that holds my interest.

I wonder what kind of changes could be made. How restricted are we by client version? Is area loot possible? Would switching to a new version make it difficult to impossible to backport to mechanics and formulas of older versions? Could vanilla WoW be realistically re-made on, say, the Legion client with the updated graphics and effects but vanilla mechanics and gameplay? I mean what kind of tweaks and changes are realistic and what's just wishful thinking? When they say Blizzlike+ and removal of features, what exactly is the context of this? Disabling certain UI elements like the random dungeon finder? Completely re-tooling, say, Wrath mechanics to feel more "vanillaesque"? I mean what is the context here, what kind of things can realistically even be cut or added?

Edited by Sobreta

On 5/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, SweN said:

What the hell did I just watch and experience ? 

LITERALLY was thinking the same thing..

10 hours ago, Sobreta said:

Swtor is the only other game that has managed to suck me in the way WoW does. I can't be bothered to even try guild wars, eso, and the few other MMOs I have tried I got bored. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about these two games that holds my interest.

If I had to guess its the story. No other game has this vast and entertaining story, like those two. And in the case of swtor, its grounding story is even older than in wow's case. It has all the interesting parts, grand enemies, political struggles, characters fighting inner demons and more. The story is grand and still you see some minor participant and his struggles, his dreams and his fears. And you are in there like some minor participant as well, yep you do grand things, but not because you are omnipotent(like in today's blizz divine plan) , but because you have no other choice, you either hold your ground or you die. There is no escape, you cannot close your eyes and pretend it didn't happen. It literally show how your character matures as you would in life - see how nothing is only roses, there is dark part in everyone and life is a struggle with that dark part. When you overcome it you are stronger than ever before. Anyway, this is my vision why some games are so better than others. Not all is about gameplay, graphics, online multiplayer or anything else like that. The story vacuums you in so bad, you are drown in it, it embrace you hard and you have no other choice, but to live it and love it.

On 2017. 06. 22. at 7:13 PM, Marbo said:

Give us LoS! :)  

Not alot of things can be changed in vanilla and certainly not added. But I find the 100% blizzlike experience a dull one.

I know alot of people play vanilla for the nostalgic aspects of the game, especially when it comes to cfalls pte project that allows you to replay an entire period of time.

This is a personal taste or desire, so don't get offended by it, lol. I simply like vanilla for what it is in its entirety. A game where I can slay dragons, fight undead liches and do battle with fierce orcs(yeah bro, ally here!). It's simply the coolest fantasy game for me. Combined with a great sense of reward/achievement system that doesn't feel empty yet is still simple provides a one of a kind gameplay experience for me personally. Its sth no other game has actually ever done to me.( ive only played vanilla for like forever bar going batshit on m&b:wb for well over a year lol)

even for TBC its still this step into outland, with all its nexus' shit and floating crap is something i'm not a major fan of.. I like tbc though! Its more of a who's #1 and who's #2 case, say if i were to pick.. lol

The problem is tuning just a few things in vanilla can fuck shit up. Adding new bosses with new drops cant be done as it would totally skewer with the itemization balance vanilla has atm.

i'm convinced however changes can work and do not detract from the overall gameplay bar the nostalgic element. 

I completely agree with you!

In my opinion, only small tweaks can be tolerated. Those that make the old game more user friendly or those that solve issues what the developers can't solve or replicate any other way (like windfury proc calculation etc.).

Adding new bosses, restricting certain aspects of the game aren't make the server Blizzlike+, but make the server just like any other Vanilla Fun Server out there.

This is just my opinion, but I think devs should leave the game as we once fell in love with.

On 2017-06-22 at 4:33 PM, Xaverius said:

MoP is one of the better expansions in the overall scale. We should skip Cata instead. Skipping anything is silly regardless.

I hate MoP with passion. Pandas... Monks... puke

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

I hate MoP with passion. Pandas... Monks... puke

MoP is by far my favourite expansion. I loved the raids , ToT is one of the best raids ever for me. I loved challenge modes. I loved the first PvP Season with the initial PvP-Power system. I loved timeless isle world PvP.

I can't understand anyone not liking it 🤗

Edit: I also really enjoyed the first days of brawlers guild (really cool solo challenge)

Edited by Morrasul