Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovecats

I want to be a dwarf wpvp healer. Please advise.

As the title says.

It's time I grew a pear (that's no autocorrect).

I want to heal/support in those chaotic fights, and I'm leaning towards a discipline-focused priest (I like the shield), but I have no experience in playing healers.

It's either paladin or priest then. What are the pros and cons of each of them? What are the desirable skills/professions, what are the best talents on level 60? How do I level, considering it's a PvP realm?

It has to be a dwarf as they are badass.

What... what about the cats though?

:'(

12 minutes ago, Clavus said:

What... what about the cats though?

:'(

I still love them. DUH.

I want to get the Winterspring Frostsaber mount.

Paladins are hard to CC and can heal under FF every 5 min (should always be available in wPVP).

I'd say it's easier to shut down and kill a Priest. Paladins also are kind of necessary to BoF warriors.

Ideally you have both a Priest and a Pal in your wPVP group.

I'd say Druids work well for certain comps like maybe a Rogue for surprise attacks as they are not very suitable for healing against any CC heavy comp.

Interested in this thread too, was wanting on having a pvp support char but i'm not sure i can put up with lvling a pal to 60...

Posted (edited)

I'd say a disc priest is more versatile than a Haladin. You have better damage burst capability as priest, which can be very useful in wPvP. Ocasional dot and fear are also great. But of course pallies are hybrid by nature. I can imagine playing a trully hybrid paladin in wpvp to be quite fun, but you mentioned you wanted to be a 'healer' so no hybrid build I assume.

Edited by loeth

16 minutes ago, loeth said:

I'd say a disc priest is more versatile than a Haladin. You have better damage burst capability as priest, which can be very useful in wPvP. Ocasional dot and fear are also great. But of course pallies are hybrid by nature. I can imagine playing a trully hybrid paladin in wpvp to be quite fun, but you mentioned you wanted to be a 'healer' so no hybrid build I assume.

Tell me about the hybrid. I'm open to suggestions.

I think with the way WoW works its hard to be hybrid,especially on a pal. With the cast times and the GCDs you really have to plan ahead to make sure your teammates dont die while you try to DPS someone down.

Doing damage means you need to be in range and you can't do that while focusing on healing. Plus as a healer you dont really hit that hard. Only way to burst is to Reck bomb but most people will not actively target a Pal but just try to CC/CS/mana drain him while they burst the partner. All Pal heals are hardcasted so its pretty easy to get disrupted/LOSed by your teammate.

Priest imo can hybrid better as they dont need to be in range and MB + SW:P can hit hard while a large portion of the healing can be done on the fly.

For me however they are way too susceptible to physical damage...

I remember my friends being so exited when rez by me in Alterac Valley or WPvP! Priest is pretty strong and fun until you get 2 shot by a rogue that resisted your fear. I destroyed mages with mana burn and having a shadow priest fighting a disc priest is pretty epic. People usually love to have a priest around.

Paladin strongest healer in grps by far. Freedom etc are the best.

Priest has dispells and strong but mana intensive heals.shields to soak up big burst dmg etc. 

druid has great cc for a healer as well as mobility and the strength to remove all snares. The mana game on a druid can be tricky with having to shape shift in and out of forms to remove cc. A very fun and versatile healer to play indeed.

2 hours ago, Marbo said:

Paladin strongest healer in grps by far. Freedom etc are the best.

Priest has dispells and strong but mana intensive heals.shields to soak up big burst dmg etc. 

druid has great cc for a healer as well as mobility and the strength to remove all snares. The mana game on a druid can be tricky with having to shape shift in and out of forms to remove cc. A very fun and versatile healer to play indeed.

But dwarves can't be druids ;c (yet)

Go dwarf priest then imo (stoneform bis pvp))

Personally I prefer hpally for pvp. So much fun and you got so many tools like mentioned, blessings etc. You can be so versatile with your healing as a (look at blessing of sacrifice for example) hpally in PvP it's never the same, sometimes you even get to equip a 2h and whack some suckas. And if you are wpvping with a arms warrior, the kills will never stop coming.

Posted (edited)

In any given situation I find the priest as the hardest healer to play with. The amount of different deranked versions of the same spell, less survival, etc...but, if you want to learn all the theroycrafting behind the healer as a role is for sure the one and only. Plus for min/maxing certainly the dwarf priest is the go to for the Alliance. On the other hand, as HPally you kind of use the same concepts, while being easier but not less fun to play with. For wPvP I see it also as the superior choice simply because shield and plates, which in a world filled with damned forsaken rogues is indeed a good thing. But also the fact of being way more straight foward makes him a more suitable class for the chaotic enviroment of wPvP.  

Quite frankly, I would recomend the pally as first support class. Besides it's mechanics, one has to learn that "feeling" with a support in order to be very aware of how much heal exactly that tank or whatever needs, and when it needs it. Is sort of a different kind of game awareness that you don't learn as DPS or Tank. And for such learning experience the bubble bois are particulary good, in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Roland

Posted (edited)

Dwarf Pally. Plate/Shield/Devotion/Freedom/Cleanse/Stoneform in world pvp, vs mostly Rogues? Yea.

Edited by Adalon

I think Paladin is what you want, hands down. A priest in vanilla (which is what you're looking at for 2 years+) is easily locked down and killed, especially in wpvp where fights tend to be unfair. On top of that - since you already decided on dwarf and the alliance side - comes that you will have to deal with shamans, which are the alliance clothies living nightmare. They strip you of your buffs via purge (including your shield), can interrupt your heals every 6 seconds, can totem your fear, and will take anywhere from 50%+ of your life on a windfury proc if they are enhancement specced.

If you're not running with a pally or druid in your Wpvp setup then you'll likely also be very susceptible to viper sting (hunter mana drain) as a priest, which can render you completely useless in a matter of seconds. (stoneform will only help you out so and so much) You can also easily be sheeped and taken out of the action completely if there are no other priests or said pally in your group to dispel you.

Honestly a paladin just has all the Wpvp tools, freedom for your melees, bop for your casters, sacrifice to counter CC on you, cleanse, bubble, lay on hands, superior mana efficience, an ungodly amount of phys. reduce through plate+shield, a nasty 6 sec stun, etc. This may Sound like a very biased post against priests, but it's just the way I think about it after having played all classes throughout the original vanilla era back then. Ultimately it will depend on what classes/speccs your pvp buddies are running.

If you decide on pally you could actually play some sort of healing/dps ''hybrid'' pvp pala by speccing 25/26 reckoning and 26 points in holy, you lose 4% crit on spells and holy shock (which isn't that good in vanilla to begin with) but you gain the ability to build reckoning stacks, switch to a big 2H ''on the fly'' and oneshot or at least heavily damage a target in between your healing.

On 2017-6-19 at 4:37 PM, Wowboy said:

I think Paladin is what you want, hands down. A priest in vanilla (which is what you're looking at for 2 years+) is easily locked down and killed, especially in wpvp where fights tend to be unfair. On top of that - since you already decided on dwarf and the alliance side - comes that you will have to deal with shamans, which are the alliance clothies living nightmare. They strip you of your buffs via purge (including your shield), can interrupt your heals every 6 seconds, can totem your fear, and will take anywhere from 50%+ of your life on a windfury proc if they are enhancement specced.

If you're not running with a pally or druid in your Wpvp setup then you'll likely also be very susceptible to viper sting (hunter mana drain) as a priest, which can render you completely useless in a matter of seconds. (stoneform will only help you out so and so much) You can also easily be sheeped and taken out of the action completely if there are no other priests or said pally in your group to dispel you.

Honestly a paladin just has all the Wpvp tools, freedom for your melees, bop for your casters, sacrifice to counter CC on you, cleanse, bubble, lay on hands, superior mana efficience, an ungodly amount of phys. reduce through plate+shield, a nasty 6 sec stun, etc. This may Sound like a very biased post against priests, but it's just the way I think about it after having played all classes throughout the original vanilla era back then. Ultimately it will depend on what classes/speccs your pvp buddies are running.

If you decide on pally you could actually play some sort of healing/dps ''hybrid'' pvp pala by speccing 25/26 reckoning and 26 points in holy, you lose 4% crit on spells and holy shock (which isn't that good in vanilla to begin with) but you gain the ability to build reckoning stacks, switch to a big 2H ''on the fly'' and oneshot or at least heavily damage a target in between your healing.

Call me weird, but I really feel like playing autoattack simulator  : D