Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wolfrig

Oldschool League of Legends?

I started playing League in early Season 6, some year and a half ago. The currect Rift is the only one I've ever played in. In many League videos on youtube, I've seen different maps, champs, abilites, items and everything, which got me thinking... Is there anything similar to vanilla/tbc servers going on with League (Season 1 or 2). I'm curious because I would like to see what it all looked like back then, but I understand just how difficult it would be to actually do this. We can see how hard it is to replicate the retail WoW through private servers. 

Has Riot ever made any statements regarding this? Would (could) it even be worth it for them to try something like this? 

Posted (edited)

I remember the old maps, although it's a fading memory now. I haven't played the game for ages as it's very stressful to me because of the toxic kids.

I checked lolking a few days ago and the game has changed a lot. I remember "vanilla" Ashe skills with togglable slowing arrows with Q. And the hawk shot also passively increased gold from kills.

I even wanted to create an account and give it a go, but decided not to in the end. Not unless I have a premade team where I know I will be the adc.

I don't think anyone would release an old version of a game. After all they constantly improve it (even if it's only in their minds) and old versions are just bad to them.

Edited by ilovecats

I'm pretty sure there is no Private Servers for LoL. I have searched for it already and it doesn't even make much sense anyway. However, I've been playing since late season 2 I think, so I know a bit about old spells and stuff. I loved playing old Sion, full AD, got a Pentakill in the enemy fountain by lifestealing over the true damage it does.

@ilovecats Which Region? We could duo or atleast do some Normals, I'm currently Platinum IV.

@Rele

Don't bother m8, I would be a fresh noob. EUW. But thanks for the offer!

Posted (edited)

@ilovecats Yeah, I'm EUW aswell, add me: Good Riddance

EDIT: Oh you're not active? I thought you're playing right now.

Edited by Rele

2 hours ago, Rele said:

@ilovecats Yeah, I'm EUW aswell, add me: Good Riddance

EDIT: Oh you're not active? I thought you're playing right now.

Nope, I quit ages ago after I started playing ranked with fellow Bronzes who thought they are Challenger. Oh what fun that was lol

Posted (edited)

I started playing in 2010 (I had to search a bit, but when I started, Swain was the newest hero), roped in by my friend, under the premise of "it's like dota but it's not dota so you don't have to be angry about us not playing normal WC3 maps".

It was cool. First champion, Sivir. Ricochet of doom forever. Then I learned to play Evelynn and raped everyone with lower skills than mine.
Then they took away her stun and changed it to slow, which made her into free meal for Annie and other casters.
Then my classmates lost interest.
Then Rito (pls) removed stealth and remade Evelynn into this weird ganker with tank ulti.

Then they made Soraka into an unwitting victim and removed a layer from Warwick's character. And made Udyr to be from Freljord. And made Ashe into goody two-shoes. And fucked what was perfectly good lore of Diana and Leona.

And worst of all, they killed the fairly unique and sympatethic character of Trundle and replaced him with a random muscly troll, hoping nobody will notice.

Also they updated the graphics so it lost the nice spirit in favour of getting more professional graphics. Oh and they also rewrote Nasus', Renekton's and Sivir's lore.

And they removed the autumn map! Fuckers.

I ran the game in... well, Christmas 2015 definitely, then I think in June and then in August last year, went ARAM, got Bard, which I don't know what he does, traded it for Thresh which I don't know what does either, but I have an idea, then someone traded me Twich for that.

Then I got first blood on a guy who was trying to first blood me.

Then I finished the game with 40/10. Then I closed it and went away.

Oh! Also, rito added crafting into the game. Rito pls. If I wanted shitty abusive enchanting system, I play hearthstone.

And somewhere on the way they removed dodge, most of items I used in my DoT Vayne build, fucked Journal of Justice, retconned our position as summoners in the world AND CHANGED THE SPLASH ART FOR BLOOD MOON AKALI SKIN! I DID NOT SPEND MY RP THAT I EARNED BY HARD SITTING AROUND AND WAITING FOR RITO TO FIX THEIR BROKEN SERVERS AND GIVE ME THE POINTS AS A COMPENSATION FOR THEM TO DO THIS!

Anyway, I'm EUNE. Yes, I went there back when EU split.

But I'd have to update. Or transfer. Can you transfer? I remember there was an option.

Edited by Xaverius

We could form a troll Crestfall team to just have fun.

I bought the Arcade Sona skin at the time when it was first released. It cost me a lot of money because of lovely currency exchange rates. And I don't even like playing a support. Even then I was a showoff. 

My favourite skin from the ones I know is the Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. I love this champion and played as it (?) a lot when I was a noob.

6 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Anyway, I'm EUNE. Yes, I went there back when EU split.

But I'd have to update. Or transfer. Can you transfer? I remember there was an option.

Yeah, EUW to EUNE transfer is free, but since I'm quite active and have all my friends here on this server, I'm afraid it's not going to happen. I can however make a smurf on EUNE or something.

2 hours ago, ilovecats said:

We could form a troll Crestfall team to just have fun.

Yes we could, but are you EUW? If so, add me, I already gave you my Summoner name.

Riot makes very bad decisions

I literally hate every single champion rework they have ever dolne

I hate every single "visual upgrade" they have ever done

I hate how they made the game focus around teamplay and its wayyy harder to solo carry games

Riot really pisses me off

Posted (edited)

lel sorry for posting so late but i can't resist posting my experience of LoL.
Basically i was a flamer among the flamers of LoL.
The moment i saw someone afk'ing or intentionally feeding i couldn't resist the urge to flame hardcore.
So basically i didn't play that game very long lmao :D

Played for like 1 year at max, from 2012 to 2013 around that.
my favorite champions were Lee, elise, Dr Mundo and as u can tell my favorite role was Jungler hehe.
If that game wasn't a sh*tfest of afk'ing, flaming your own team mates and trolling i would still be playing today :ph34r:

Edit: forgot to mention, my best ranking was at Gold, really close to Platinum i once was.
The force was strong in this one before fading out hahahahahah

Edited by ClawzTheMeow