Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Momonn

Vanilla pet guides

27 posts in this topic

I wonder how many people are going to camp Humar the Pridelord.

2 minutes ago, Squishy said:

I wonder how many people are going to camp Humar the Pridelord.

Not as many as Broken Tooth.

17 minutes ago, Rhazjel said:

Not as many as Broken Tooth.

Tbh, Broken Tooth isn't even that good compared to Bangalash.

8 minutes ago, Squishy said:

Tbh, Broken Tooth isn't even that good compared to Bangalash.

Don't know about that but back in Nostalrius, that cat was camped like hell. Once, I was near the BT spawn point and there were like 10 hunters there waiting, at the end, BT got killed by one of the hunters and the drama started.

It's probably going to get camped here as well because of the 1.0 Attack Speed bonus.

19 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

can always wait for ZG Bat :P 

Good choice.

I camped BT. I know nothing about Hunters even though obviously I played one back in retail. I really did like the idea of having a unique Pet. I do remember in that the research I did beforehand that BT was looked upon as the best PvP pet on account of the attack speed. I'm assuming this was particularly aimed at interrupting casters etc. For PvE I think people were advocating scorpions or similar purely for the poison effect in relation to damage output but I could be completely wrong. Still, being wrong never stopped me expressing myself so would be interested in feedback and why. Good luck, I always cast buffs and (where applicable) heals on pets even if just passing by........never on hunters admittedly, as some could be very cruel, starving their pets to death or abandoning them at Christmas for a bigger more fancy version. 

Playing a Rogue/Druid and killing BT while someone is trying to tame him is the single best way to initiate some good world PvP.

I don't even like world PvP tbh, but watching a whole zone go up in flames because someone nuked BT while 10-15 people were camping it and watch them go on a mass murder spree in their rage was always a giggle.

I've always considered killing rare pets while people are camping them to be pretty much the most scummy thing you can do in WoW.

11 minutes ago, Dawnstorm said:

I've always considered killing rare pets while people are camping them to be pretty much the most scummy thing you can do in WoW.

Depends on the context I guess.

If it's a single hunter camping a single spot i'd generally leave it alone.

When it's a whole gang of them camping a spot waiting to turn it into a pvp murder fest the second the mob appears, I think it's rather amusing.

7 hours ago, Elicas said:

Depends on the context I guess.

If it's a single hunter camping a single spot i'd generally leave it alone.

When it's a whole gang of them camping a spot waiting to turn it into a pvp murder fest the second the mob appears, I think it's rather amusing.

I think the same, besides, with a whole gang of hunters(specially from both Horde and ally) it's most likely that BT or whichever beast is being tamed will end up dead anyways.

Hunters should always use wolf pets with howl in raids in melee parties for bonus group damage.

Edited by surveillance

12 hours ago, surveillance said:

Hunters should always use wolf pets with howl in raids in melee parties for bonus group damage.

This is just what happens on all the crappy vanilla servers out there, where melee can push 1300/1400dps.

So "Guilds" started to push for even more damage, trying to buff melee even more.

I really hope this won't be the case on Crestfall.

The only reason to tame a wolf is for shadow-damage or if you're really bad at pet micromanagement and you're happy with the crappy "Furious Howl" buff.

EDIT:

...and when you're that bad at pet micromanagement, you should really tame a Wind Serpent...

Edited by mrmr

@mrmr Nature of the raiding beast, any semi serious guild is going to want to maximise its DPS potential, in the early part of Vanilla that means stacking melee and melee buffs. This will be the case on every private server that has raids.

On 24/07/2016 at 8:09 AM, mrmr said:

The only reason to tame a wolf is for shadow-damage or if you're really bad at pet micromanagement and you're happy with the crappy "Furious Howl" buff.

I believe Lupos was fixed for 1.12.1, which is where the server will be. (mechanics-wise)

On 23. 7. 2016 at 9:12 AM, Elicas said:

Playing a Rogue/Druid and killing BT while someone is trying to tame him is the single best way to initiate some good world PvP.

Not that I like pvp, but infuriating hunters is one of the best things to do, so I approve.

Reminds me of Loque'nahak in Scholazar on wotlk and people doing the achievement crying hunters tame the pet and hunters crying people who do the achievement kill the pet.
I killed him to farm his sweet skin for gold.

Also Cataclysm removed rare achievement, but added rares that dropped nothing but 50g vendortrash, that were meant to be for hunters to tame. Killing those in front of a hunter is the highest level of joy.

Anyway I usually end up taming Echeyakee, which is a slight bit more difficult when Alliance. Or Araga.

Well, without a decent AI our pets will just xxxx. So what's the current state of hunter pets in alpha?

As a side note, I hope that these infamous "hunter pet disappears suddenly without  any reason" and "hunter pet disappears while interacting with the stable master" bugs are limited to MaNGOS cores ;)

Edited by DeTosc

Dunno if this was a bug or not, but I personally hope they fix the training points cost issue - on Nost you couldn't upgrade to higher ranks of a skill without having the TP available to pay the full cost of a rank, instead of just the difference between it and the previous one.  (eg. I had rank 6 of health/armour, but I had to unlearn my pet skills just to buy rank 7, even though I had enough TP to pay for the difference between rank 6 and 7)

Edited by Momonn

On 8/30/2016 at 0:29 PM, Momonn said:

Dunno if this was a bug or not, but I personally hope they fix the training points cost issue - on Nost you couldn't upgrade to higher ranks of a skill without having the TP available to pay the full cost of a rank, instead of just the difference between it and the previous one.  (eg. I had rank 6 of health/armour, but I had to unlearn my pet skills just to buy rank 7, even though I had enough TP to pay for the difference between rank 6 and 7)

I'm pretty sure that was just a weird mechanic of Vanilla.  You would just have to unlearn all of your pets skills at a trainer and then use the trainer points that you got to retrain your pet.  It wasn't a great system, but that was the only real solution.

Edited by Kelila
spelling :D

On Nostalrius, I tamed Bangalash and a very similar cat and from what I could tell it wasn't very useful.  I ended up taming a faster pet so I could use it more effectively for dm north farms.  Not sure what pet I'm going to go for here, but for pvp BT is definitely best because of the attack speed.  I will also say, I was a bit noobish and I leveled with a bear.  The high armor rating actual makes certain things easier to solo if you are new to the class because your pet will act as a pretty solid tank for you.

On Nost I tamed a lovely wolf in the badlands. He spawned right next to me and I saw he was a rare so I grabbed him.

R.I.P Rust 2016-2016.