Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaMpa

Alterac Valley Reputation

As i am going through the BIS pre-raid for healing priest i notice there is some top gear you can get just for being Honored or Exalted in Alterac Valley. I have a hard time finding info on how to gather reputation in AV vanilla WoW. Is it something that can be casually done or you have to be devoted to the cause. Anyone could give me tips or know about a tutorial how to get reputation in AV the fastest?

Thanks

I reached exalted with AV on Kronos II in 4-5 days of no-lifing last year. This was right after it came out however so everyone was playing and many of the matches ended quickly because of pre-mades. All I did was the usual PvP stuff. Most rep came from simply winning I think. I have no idea if it was blizzlike however or which patch it was supposed to be like, nor do I know what the original AV rep grind was like or what CF's plan is. :P Only thing I can say for sure is that you'll have an easier time grinding the rep immediately after AV is released, at least as Alliance, coz everyone else is playing too and there are no long queues.

no life during AV weekend and hope ur faction doesn't loose 9 out of 10 games. i went from neutral to exalted during one AV weekend on kronos but then we (Alliance) won 8-9 / 10 games.

Just by playing out games? No quest or anything? 

Sounds pretty easy to get exalted and for the rewards you get are pretty good. I will definitely be aiming for it.

Thanks.

well it will depend heavily on what type of AVs we get :) when i did it a match was typically 10-15 min long  but if we get longer games on Crestfall for whatever reason it will obviously take alot longer to get exalted and if you loose alot be prepared to spend alot more time in there aswell.

Anyone else missing the 1 reputation/kill grind back when it released in 2005 without automatic grouping? :x

good luck as horde. did it back on Emerald Dream as horde. Random = auto lose / Premade = hope not to que vs other premades

This time I will be on the other side.

Lol @ exalted over a weekend and 15 minute games. Most of the rep you gain in vanilla AV comes from turning in the supplies you gather from corpses. Once the supplies cap, you summon reinforcements of various types to help you push past choke points. Games can last upwards of 24 hours at times. Though this is extreme, you can expect to devote hours, not minutes, to each loss/victory if you want exalted. 

Edited by Bluemoon

1 hour ago, Bluemoon said:

Lol @ exalted over a weekend and 15 minute games. Most of the rep you gain in vanilla AV comes from turning in the supplies you gather from corpses. Once the supplies cap, you summon reinforcements of various types to help you push past choke points. Games can last upwards of 24 hours at times. Though this is extreme, you can expect to devote hours, not minutes, to each loss/victory if you want exalted. 

That was my experience as well.  But who knows, could be much more organized this time around with Pre-mades.  I'll be on the horde side and happy to get involved with pre-mades (PvE server, where the big boys play lol)

I actually never did AV in Vanilla WoW so i'll definetly do it in CF.
There's some sweet healing stuff at exalted rep so there's some grind to be done B|

Edited by ClawzTheMeow