Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asura

Asura's Update - June 11th, 2017

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Who is this? Where is Darkrasp? I am calling the police.

Now seriously, thanks for sharing some info with us.

hype

Edited by VeloxBanks

5 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I thought this project was run by the Elikus and Noo-Noo from Teletubbies.

princessbloo.jpg?width=712&height=579

Made by @coolmodi.

Great to see we're still on track for 2017. Great to see that most of the people around are still reasonable, rational adults, or at least know how to pretend to be.

Trolls.jpg

Keep up the good work. Don't deliver anything that isn't better than what is already out there. HYPE

First of all i want to say thank you to everyone who is involved in this project. The amount of people which have come together to make this happen is absolutely amazing! 

The update reads really good and gives  me hope for christmas release. It would be an awesome present for sure.

keep up the good work!

On 6/13/2017 at 3:49 PM, Adalon said:

Gief me a purple name! <3

Sorry, asking for beta access puts you to the back of the queue. You was next as well, was literally just about to invite you...

7 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Sorry, asking for beta access puts you to the back of the queue. You was next as well, was literally just about to invite you...

I knew it!

Posted (edited)

I don't know why people are wasting their lifes waiting when there's already a perfectly acceptable and moreover tested vanilla realm to play on. (no, not ruslysium...)

You have seen nothing of this ''server'' or ''project''. There are no gameplay videos, no screenshots, not a single tiny piece of evidence that would back up the wall of text you're fed here every couple of weeks. This could very well be the biggest hoax in the more or less glorious history of private vanilla realms.

And even if it is not, what are you going to expect ? You will never get your perfect server, to play your (then) 20 year old video game on, because - big news break - only blizzard knows what the true mechanics/stats/loottables/scripts/etc. were like in vanilla. All these ''programmers'' can do, is to watch 15 year old, antiquated 800x600 res. videos on youtube and take a wild guess about stats, mechanics and quest scripts, just like every other project out there.

This Server won't be your holy grail, it will have outright non-working stuff, it will have a ton of bugs, some of which will never get fixed, it will have wrong mechanics, it will have wrong loottables, it will have wrong creature stats, it will have non-working or flavorless quests, it will have a ton of chinese farmers which they will never get rid of, it will have a ton of toxic ''elitists'', it will have ''elitist'' guilds ruling the server which you're still not gonna be part of, it will have honor system manipulation by no-lifers, it will have a huge but steeply declining hype, and ultimately, it will end up as the same boring and bland ''vanilla experience'' that in reality, you already ''experienced'' 4 times once you hit 60 and played for 2 weeks.

Just lose all the illusions that may roam in your head.

Edited by Wowboy

48 minutes ago, Wowboy said:

I don't know why people are wasting their lifes waiting when there's already a perfectly acceptable and moreover tested vanilla realm to play on. (no, not ruslysium...)

You have seen nothing of this ''server'' or ''project''. There are no gameplay videos, no screenshots, not a single tiny piece of evidence that would back up the wall of text you're fed here every couple of weeks. This could very well be the biggest hoax in the more or less glorious history of private vanilla realms.

And even if it is not, what are you going to expect ? You will never get your perfect server, to play your (then) 20 year old video game on, because - big news break - only blizzard knows what the true mechanics/stats/loottables/scripts/etc. were like in vanilla. All these ''programmers'' can do, is to watch 15 year old, antiquated 800x600 res. videos on youtube and take a wild guess about stats, mechanics and quest scripts, just like every other project out there.

This Server won't be your holy grail, it will have outright non-working stuff, it will have a ton of bugs, some of which will never get fixed, it will have wrong mechanics, it will have wrong loottables, it will have wrong creature stats, it will have non-working or flavorless quests, it will have a ton of chinese farmers which they will never get rid of, it will have a ton of toxic ''elitists'', it will have ''elitist'' guilds ruling the server which you're still not gonna be part of, it will have honor system manipulation by no-lifers, it will have a huge but steeply declining hype, and ultimately, it will end up as the same boring and bland ''vanilla experience'' that in reality, you already ''experienced'' 4 times once you hit 60 and played for 2 weeks.

The point of this post is?

I am waiting for this because of the progression. 

1 hour ago, Wowboy said:

He's probably mad that the server he plays on has a low pop and mad at people like us for waiting. 

There have been many like him if you search the forums :D

As for the reason I am waiting. Well that's because whether the server bombs or not, I like the staff here. Plain and simple. If it turns out they fuck us over? Tough. Time to move on the the next server. There is a reason the vanilla community has been around so long. We don't care how many time we have to level or if it's with the same people. Its what we like to do. 

1 hour ago, Wowboy said:

59961457.jpg

38 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

The point of this post is?

I am waiting for this because of the progression. 

6 minutes ago, Devair said:

He's probably mad that the server he plays on has a low pop and mad at people like us for waiting. 

There have been many like him if you search the forums :D

As for the reason I am waiting. Well that's because whether the server bombs or not, I like the staff here. Plain and simple. If it turns out they fuck us over? Tough. Time to move on the the next server. There is a reason the vanilla community has been around so long. We don't care how many time we have to level or if it's with the same people. Its what we like to do. 

One might even think he's been burned by the bright flames of CoreCraft... I was looking forward to CC too, but I have to admit, Crestfall seems like a much better fit for me. The progression, the PVE realm. 

Worth waiting for in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Wowboy said:

The point of emulation has always been to minimize the non-working stuff and strive to be better than what is currently available.

If people would have been with your mindset when Emerald Dream was still big, servers like Nostalrius would have not panned out like they did.

It's like my hockey coach used to tell me: Development ends at complacency.

3 hours ago, jonu said:

The point of emulation has always been to minimize the non-working stuff and strive to be better than what is currently available.

If people would have been with your mindset when Emerald Dream was still big, servers like Nostalrius would have not panned out like they did.

It's like my hockey coach used to tell me: Development ends at complacency.

Upvoted for hockey reference!

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Wowboy said:

Your argument is based on the exact same evidence we've been given. How have you formed an opinion conclusive enough for your assertions to be considered valid if you lack that which makes our opinions incorrect and naive? Oh, right.. Because you're projecting the current circumstances of another server onto the outcome of this one. Your lack of reason and the disturbed patterns in which you convey your unorganized, rudimentary thoughts reflect more on you than they do on the topic you're attempting, and failing, to scrutinize. I recommend you stop drinking the contents of those glass thermometers and licking old wallpaper, regardless of how pretty you find the colors to be, because it seems to have lowered the frequency on which you communicate.

I suggest you lose all the lead that may roam your head before you start criticizing our illusions.

Edited by Bluemoon

9 hours ago, Wowboy said:

I don't know why you're wasting your life posting on these forums instead of just playing on the server that you enjoy, and let the people who want to enjoy this server do just that.

just anxious to get in there and help as much as i can. stay at home dad with original vanilla beta testing, scripting, modding, coding, and mmo toolset experience (NWN2 server deesign, script design, quest writing and etc for the; i believe still live Menzoberrazan server) 

all that aside, thank you for your hard work devs, testers and everyone else involved. 

23 hours ago, Wowboy said:

There are both videos and screenshots of Crestfall you can look up. I guess doing research before writing a long ass bible trashtalking something you know nothing about is a bit too hard!

On 15.06.2017 at 8:23 PM, Wowboy said:

First of all, thanks for crestfall team for all their effort.

Secondly, @wowboy, I am not wasting my time. I played all nearly all mmos but at the end those did not give me same feeling like wow.( probably beacuse of old warcraft and dota 1 games :D) . I know it is not perfect mmo but I am not here for the best.... I am here for PTE ,nostalgia and team's aim for the game. Wow was my best game and I want to try again. I would love to invest my characters in long term project. If it is failed, it is not end for me. This is going to be my last stop for wow private server if it is not successed. However, I am patient as a mmorpg fan. In 2018 - 2019, many mmos' will be released and I hope we can call one of the game as a wow killer at the end.

Lets not devolve into bashing @Wowboy. His point of view is valid, and the only way to counter it is for us to release the server and prove what the team can do.

However, we do have videos available. There haven't been any recently, mainly due to Asura being paranoid that whatever we publicly show off, other servers will immediately rush to 'fix' or patch in order to counter or otherwise impede on our own release. That's become pretty standard on the scene in the last few years, a recent example being the Netherwing TBC videos and the rash of other TBC servers patching their servers, followed by reddit drama and the like.

We're trying to avoid that, we will release more videos, they won't be released until we're in the final countdown to release.

For those who would like to see what we have previewed, you can see;

Clustering

Alpha Mechanics including Spell Delay

Our spell delay system alone is a good example of why we haven't released any videos since this alpha preview. It wasn't really a thing anyone was trying to get accurate. We release one video, I count at least 3 other servers who have attempted to patch an approximation of spell delay.