Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Q&A 3

68 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Elicas said:

Multiboxing, in our definition, is using third-party hardware or software in order to control multiple clients simultaneously.  If you push one button and two accounts react, you're cheating.  Alt-tabbing to a separate client which is also manually controlled isn't considered multiboxing.  That said, running multiple accounts on follow, even if they aren't being simultaneously controlled, is liable to draw multiboxing reports from other players, and a GM may take action - we're going to err on the side of removing cheaters, not tolerating "not technically cheaters".  Characters need to be manually controlled when interacting with world.

so are you saying that if i put my 2nd char on follow while i tab to the other screen and move on, this could be bannable?

23 minutes ago, Budge said:

so are you saying that if i put my 2nd char on follow while i tab to the other screen and move on, this could be bannable?

It will depend on what you're doing with the account on follow. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. We'll have full details on what is and isn't tolerable published before launch.

Essentially, if you do anything with a second account to give yourself an in game advantage you are at risk of being reported for multiboxing.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Cenarion Hold has been largely despawned - no Cenarion Circle quests will be available
- Yojamba Isle has been largely despawned - no Zandalar Tribe quests will be available
- Light's Hope Chapel has had questgivers related to Naxxramas removed

This is cool. I hope same thing will be at TBC launch with Muru, Lyadrin in Silvermoon  pre Sunwell patch.Also Shattrath City without Sunwell Plateau model.

Pretty sad on nothing being done about paladin vs shaman balance but oh well, that was expected.

38 minutes ago, Terpsichore said:

Pretty sad on nothing being done about paladin vs shaman balance but oh well, that was expected.

Honestly, it opens such a huge bag of worms that massive, top down and sweeping changes regarding classes is not something that is going to be happening here.

It's enough of a challenge attempting to create a PTE server that is going to be running across 3+ expansions for the next few years, let alone trying to rebalance said content because of redesigning classes with custom changes.

It could theoretically be done, but we'd need 2-3x as many devs for handling everything (and testers to test all the custom changes), we'd need possibly another year before release, and to top it off you'd need Asura to want to do it, which he doesn't.

I'd love to see a server that embraces the Blizzlike+ moniker and really attempts to redesign and rebalance Vanilla from the ground up, but that hypothetical project is not Crestfall.

Hehe rebalancing vanilla, people would think they have to put godlike RNG in it becaue they played to much hearthstone and the other cancer games with RNG. Dont touch it :D

"all questions about release date" we know the release date...december 31 11:59:59 pm:D

anyway, good work on the server!

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the info Elicas.  Quick follow up question about pooling and randomization.  I did the forum search for these topics and basically what I figured out was that for node based items, how it works is that within X meters of a chosen spawn point, these resources can spawn at any reachable place in that radius.  Furthermore, what actually spawns in that radius will be based on random chance off of a set list of possibilities.  For example, for any given herb node, it could spawn (just making numbers up) 1 of 4 different things each with a preassigned %chance after that node has been harvested.  What isn't exactly clear though is how it is determined which 4 possibilities have been chosen for that location.  Are you following actual retail precedent or should we expect that areas that used to have only copper nodes for example, will spawn copper nodes as well as other things?  Areas that used to spawn only peacebloom will still only spawn peacebloom or now peacebloom plus other things?  Areas that used to spawn only Rich Thorium will still only spawn Rich thorium?  Or is it being changed so that what actually spawns in certain areas could be anything?

Thanks for the updates!  We all really appreciate the work you guys are putting in.

Edited by Veritch

How fast will the launch of new raids / expansions happen?

After the raids have been cleared 4-7 weeks a new one will open?

Any ideas or clues to how you will handle this or will you run them 10000% blizzlike and run vanilla to tbc the same amount of days blizzard did?

4 minutes ago, fluffy said:

How fast will the launch of new raids / expansions happen?

After the raids have been cleared 4-7 weeks a new one will open?

Any ideas or clues to how you will handle this or will you run them 10000% blizzlike and run vanilla to tbc the same amount of days blizzard did?

Asura and Dark have said they would like expansions to last 16-18 months, but will be slightly flexible based on community progression I believe. As far as how long between each raid I don't think it's been discussed at least on the forums, but I would imagine it would be based on community progression as well as what they feel is an appropriate amount of time between raids which may vary tier to tier.

Thanks for the update and all the hard work!

Thank you so much for the update! It's greatly appreciated :)

Raid bosses have had the amount of loot dropped per kill increased per kill during vanilla and once again during TBC: will Crestfall emulate the changes to the amount of drops as vanilla/TBC progresses through the patches or will bosses use their final settings for drops per kill right from the start?

How do druid hots work on Crestfall? Will for example any rejuvination with the same rank overwrite another, or will the druid with the most +healing have a rejuvination that is impossible to overwrite from the others? I have heard arguments that both were the cases in vanilla, and I'm pretty confused to be honest. 

18 hours ago, Elicas said:

It will depend on what you're doing with the account on follow. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. We'll have full details on what is and isn't tolerable published before launch.

Essentially, if you do anything with a second account to give yourself an in game advantage you are at risk of being reported for multiboxing.

please make sure to state exactly what the rules are on this topic. I would normally use a 2nd char to boost another char (solo by just following and healing/killing out of group) or use two chars for farming - 1 dps and 1 healer to heal after fight.

I am sure people would not like to break rules intentionally, but I see a lot of ppl doing this on other servers aswell; please make sure that we unintentionally get punished for things we use to do already.

1 hour ago, Budge said:

please make sure to state exactly what the rules are on this topic. I would normally use a 2nd char to boost another char (solo by just following and healing/killing out of group) or use two chars for farming - 1 dps and 1 healer to heal after fight.

I am sure people would not like to break rules intentionally, but I see a lot of ppl doing this on other servers aswell; please make sure that we unintentionally get punished for things we use to do already.

Pretty sure both of those will get you banned.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:10 PM, Elicas said:

Multiboxing, in our definition, is using third-party hardware or software in order to control multiple clients simultaneously.  If you push one button and two accounts react, you're cheating.  Alt-tabbing to a separate client which is also manually controlled isn't considered multiboxing.  That said, running multiple accounts on follow, even if they aren't being simultaneously controlled, is liable to draw multiboxing reports from other players, and a GM may take action - we're going to err on the side of removing cheaters, not tolerating "not technically cheaters".  Characters need to be manually controlled when interacting with world.

So you're basically saying this is allowed as long as I can provide video proofs of not using any 3rd party software?

What is the stance on playing with people in the same house hold? Will having the same IP address flag us as multi-boxing?

53 minutes ago, Yoze said:

So you're basically saying this is allowed as long as I can provide video proofs of not using any 3rd party software?

They've stated serval times before that two clients per IP adresse will be the limit, so No, this will not be possible. If you somehow got it to Work, then yes, it would be considered cheating.

40 minutes ago, TheJohnBoat said:

What is the stance on playing with people in the same house hold? Will having the same IP address flag us as multi-boxing?

If you're more than two people, the third would'nt be able to log on. 

Sorry if it all came out a bit bitter, but as a old forum follower like me, all of these questions have been asked repeatly over the last year+, and I know a quick forum search would have given you the answers you were looking for.