Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Q&A 3

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Budge said:

please make sure to state exactly what the rules are on this topic. I would normally use a 2nd char to boost another char (solo by just following and healing/killing out of group) or use two chars for farming - 1 dps and 1 healer to heal after fight.

I am sure people would not like to break rules intentionally, but I see a lot of ppl doing this on other servers aswell; please make sure that we unintentionally get punished for things we use to do already.

I think the purpose of having two accounts per IP is specifically meant for roommates or families to be able to play together. I know the developers said they even considered only 1 account per IP at one point. I'm 99% sure the reason why they considered this was to avoid having things, exactly as you describe, from happening at all.  You are looking at it like "well, TECHNICALLY, I'm not breaking the rules......" even though you know what you are doing is against the spirit of why the rules are made.  

I hope the GM's take an approach of enforcing rules based off of the spirit of the rule and not the technical/legal definition.  Its clear they are saying its ok to have bank alt's, AH alts, multiple family members/friends in the same hpuse playimg together etc.  It's not ok to have control of multiple characters at the same time by the same person to make leveling, instancing, easier by having a pocket healer or guy running his own alts through an instance regardless of the actual letter of the law. At least, that is the theme of the rules and spirit of their meaning as I read them.

Edited by Veritch

I agree with what you said. The thing is that I am curious how they want to control all this stuff from not happening. If it relies only on player reports people will just e.g. find some abandoned places to mobtag. :(

On 25.6.2017 at 4:23 PM, Elicas said:

Honestly, it opens such a huge bag of worms that massive, top down and sweeping changes regarding classes is not something that is going to be happening here.

It's enough of a challenge attempting to create a PTE server that is going to be running across 3+ expansions for the next few years, let alone trying to rebalance said content because of redesigning classes with custom changes.

It could theoretically be done, but we'd need 2-3x as many devs for handling everything (and testers to test all the custom changes), we'd need possibly another year before release, and to top it off you'd need Asura to want to do it, which he doesn't.

I'd love to see a server that embraces the Blizzlike+ moniker and really attempts to redesign and rebalance Vanilla from the ground up, but that hypothetical project is not Crestfall.

again it would not be blizzlike. but as I am curious: what would you want to balance? just leave the game as it is.

Posted (edited)

On 26.6.2017 at 2:44 AM, Sandru said:

How do druid hots work on Crestfall? Will for example any rejuvination with the same rank overwrite another, or will the druid with the most +healing have a rejuvination that is impossible to overwrite from the others? I have heard arguments that both were the cases in vanilla, and I'm pretty confused to be honest. 

actually I am not sure what of these 2 is blizzlike, but I played on other servers that had either one of both. I must admit that it is damn anyoing if only 1 rejuv (the strongest one) is ticking and overwrites all others :(

@Elicas you guys should look into this as it nerfs the raid healing overall quite significant over time (thinking of later encounters).

Edited by Budge

2 hours ago, Veritch said:

I think the purpose of having two accounts per IP is specifically meant for roommates or families to be able to play together. I know the developers said they even considered only 1 account per IP at one point. I'm 99% sure the reason why they considered this was to avoid having things, exactly as you describe, from happening at all.  You are looking at it like "well, TECHNICALLY, I'm not breaking the rules......" even though you know what you are doing is against the spirit of why the rules are made.  

I hope the GM's take an approach of enforcing rules based off of the spirit of the rule and not the technical/legal definition.  Its clear they are saying its ok to have bank alt's, AH alts, multiple family members/friends in the same hpuse playimg together etc.  It's not ok to have control of multiple characters at the same time by the same person to make leveling, instancing, easier by having a pocket healer or guy running his own alts through an instance regardless of the actual letter of the law. At least, that is the theme of the rules and spirit of their meaning as I read them.

Why these vague rules? "It's allowed but we still may ban you" etc. Why not just state "no multibox outside of city" like it was on nost?

What if you play alliance on PvP realm, and have horde char in PvE realm and the PvE Realm gets merged into the PvP realm, what then ? Horde and alliance on PvP realm ?

6 minutes ago, Brikot said:

What if you play alliance on PvP realm, and have horde char in PvE realm and the PvE Realm gets merged into the PvP realm, what then ? Horde and alliance on PvP realm ?

maxresdefault.jpg

can you make sword in box light so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

9 hours ago, Yoze said:

Why these vague rules? "It's allowed but we still may ban you" etc. Why not just state "no multibox outside of city" like it was on nost?

I'd be perfectly happy with that!  Ive never played a private server before, this will be my first and only one because it looks like the real deal.  I have no idea how other servers do things, just that their admins sell gold, levels, gear, and arent a true vanilla wow experience. 

51 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

can you make sword in box light so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Can we make it an axe instead, do you mind? +5 weapon skill for me :)

10 hours ago, Yoze said:

As Elicas said earlier in a comment the rules aren't set yet and will be posted closer to launch when the details are worked out

Posted (edited)

Will Talisman of Binding Shard drop on Crestfall server?

Edited by karapuzik

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shimmerskin said:

Yes, once. 

Or so they've said previously. 

Thank you :x

Edited by karapuzik

LFG MC N39M, have tank.  Talisman res, PST!

1 hour ago, Veritch said:

LFG MC N39M, have tank.  Talisman res, PST!

AAll those greedy niblets cant wait to be master looter.

Question: will fleeing mobs be snare-able?

It's really bothered me on other servers when you try to hamstring or crippling poison a mob but it does absolutely nothing because they're running away

10 hours ago, War said:

Question: will fleeing mobs be snare-able?

It's really bothered me on other servers when you try to hamstring or crippling poison a mob but it does absolutely nothing because they're running away

thats a bug, if that occurs on CF everybody will laugh.

Can we play duo box , or alt tab with two characters?

I dont want to recive ban hummer at lvl 58. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Multiboxing isn't allowed, giving yourself an advantage by controlling 2 characters at once is not allowed, you can have alts chilling in cities and that's it. Read the thread, this was discussed in detail already.

If you want to make sure you don't get banned, play one character at a time like every other normal player here. That's the only way to guarantee you won't get banned for multiboxing.

Edited by Rawne

I'll make sure I get a full clarification from the Admin team about their feelings on multiboxing and get a definitive line in the sand for you all ASAP.

On 6/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, Yoze said:

So you're basically saying this is allowed as long as I can provide video proofs of not using any 3rd party software?

Rules are pretty simple: Don't control more than one character simultaneously.

Anyone who sees someone doing this is encouraged to report for multiboxing.  Our GMs aren't going to ask for videos proving the offender isn't using third party multikey software, they're going to invisibly appear to the character, see what looks a lot like multiboxing, then start laying down bans - and we're not going to spend a whole lot of time investigating ban appeals of this nature.

The prospective cap on concurrent accounts per IP is intended to allow roommates and family members to play together, while doing part of the job of closing off the realm to gold farmers and VPN users.  It would also have the effect of limiting would-be multiboxers to fewer clients, mitigating the economic impact in the event that they manage to hide from GMs and other players, or find a way to trick the server-side detection code.

On 6/26/2017 at 6:21 PM, Veritch said:

I hope the GM's take an approach of enforcing rules based off of the spirit of the rule and not the technical/legal definition.

We intend to allow our GMs a fair amount of leeway in their interpretation of the rules.  Nobody is going to skate by on a technicality.  Abusive behavior is abusive behavior, regardless of the specific wording of one rule or another.

If what you're doing makes you think, "Wow, this is so much easier than playing the game normally!", it's probably because you're cheating. ;)

Posted (edited)

On 6/25/2017 at 9:41 AM, Terpsichore said:

Pretty sad on nothing being done about paladin vs shaman balance but oh well, that was expected.

@Terpsichore

To be honest the difference between Paladins and Shamans isn't as big as people make it out to be - most Guilds aren't properly utilizing their Shamans and most MTs are average at best, if he -really- knows what he's doing, threat won't be too big of an issue on Horde.

For my questions - what will Crestfalls stance be on cross faction colluding (i.e. Devilsaur Mafia)

Will there be any changes to the PvP rewards system? I'm not one for custom changes at all, but the system is incredibly archaic and honestly just all around bad

Edited by Markymark