Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Q&A 3

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Markymark said:

@Terpsichore

To be honest the difference between Paladins and Shamans isn't as big as people make it out to be - most Guilds aren't properly utilizing their Shamans and most MTs are average at best, if he -really- knows what he's doing, threat won't be too big of an issue on Horde.

For my questions - what will Crestfalls stance be on cross faction colluding (i.e. Devilsaur Mafia)

Will there be any changes to the PvP rewards system? I'm not one for custom changes at all, but the system is incredibly archaic and honestly just all around bad

Yes PvP rewards! Rank 14 rings that has 50 stamina :)

New Weapons! YES YES YES lol

Man people come here thinking crestfall is making a new game or something, the only thing they aredoing is repairing the game.

wtf is this? "nothing is beeing done about paladin" What do you expect? Making new abilities and shit ? What are you on about ??

People seem like they missunderstand the term "balancing" in this regard of fixing the game.... You could talk about balancing on Retail forums, to change classes. This is already set here... I dont even know how to call that in here.  I think it has been said a few times though...

Posts asking for such "balance" thing should be removed honestly. Have nothing to do with anything here on CF.

Edited by Brikot

@Darkrasp

it has been discussed previously but there was no answer:

Dire Maul and Classmounts. Can quests be accepted before DM is open? and do paladins and warlocks have to wait until AQ to get their 100% mounts? :o

2 hours ago, Budge said:

@Darkrasp

it has been discussed previously but there was no answer:

Dire Maul and Classmounts. Can quests be accepted before DM is open? and do paladins and warlocks have to wait until AQ to get their 100% mounts? :o

They won't have to wait until AQ. 

Dire Maul will not be available at launch, but it will be available shortly after.  As to whether or not you can begin the quests immediately and finish the Dire Maul parts when DM is released, I don't really care either way.  Sure?  Haven't thought about it, tbh.

5 hours ago, Brikot said:

Yes PvP rewards! Rank 14 rings that has 50 stamina :)

New Weapons! YES YES YES lol

I just mean revamping the way ranking works, not changing the items or adding any at all. That part is fine imo, the big issue is how you obtain said gear - having to queue BGs for 16-18 hours/day to get Rank 14 is unhealthy for both the player and the game.

8 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

They won't have to wait until AQ. 

Dire Maul will not be available at launch, but it will be available shortly after.  As to whether or not you can begin the quests immediately and finish the Dire Maul parts when DM is released, I don't really care either way.  Sure?  Haven't thought about it, tbh.

but will DM items be rolled back aswell (were there even rolled back DM items?). we talked about it prolly a year ago but you weren't sure either ;)

"shortly" = "soon" ^^

11 hours ago, Markymark said:

having to queue BGs for 16-18 hours/day to get Rank 14 is unhealthy for both the player and the game.

For the player, sure, but how is it unhealthy for the game as a whole? It's not like you need those high ranks and I've always been under the impression that raid gear is better for PvP anyways in vanilla?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

For the player, sure, but how is it unhealthy for the game as a whole? It's not like you need those high ranks and I've always been under the impression that raid gear is better for PvP anyways in vanilla?

I don't believe in changing a major part of the game like how the entire PVP system is run because that is just a whole can of worms that doesnt need to be opened. But the fact is the PVP system during Vanilla is kind of trash. It doesn't reward the most skilled players, just the ones with the most time to devote to playing. Not to say you can be bad and just grind your way to rank 14, it still requires you to know what you are doing. But the fact that you can be the best person to have ever played PVPed and still have no shot at reaching the pinnacle unless you play hours upon hours a day. It's just a horrible system and is why Blizzard never went back to it. 

I imagine he was saying it's bad for the game because it doesnt provide incentive for the best players to go up against each other but to try and feast on bad players.

Edited by raiko

1 hour ago, raiko said:

I imagine he was saying it's bad for the game because it doesnt provide incentive for the best players to go up against each other but to try and feast on bad players.

This is definitely a problem but it could be fixed with proper matchmaking so that premades can't steamroll pugs while also preventing win-trading somehow. The highest ranks being really time consuming to get isn't a problem in itself imo.

1 hour ago, raiko said:

But the fact is the PVP system during Vanilla is kind of trash.

I disagree simply because in every other expansion PvP is built around arenas which I hate with a passion. :P I also prefer PvE gear being viable in PvP instead of making it mostly useless compared to resilience gear.

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

This is definitely a problem but it could be fixed with proper matchmaking so that premades can't steamroll pugs while also preventing win-trading somehow. The highest ranks being really time consuming to get isn't a problem in itself imo.

I disagree simply because in every other expansion PvP is built around arenas which I hate with a passion. :P I also prefer PvE gear being viable in PvP instead of making it mostly useless compared to resilience gear.

There is a difference between something being a time sink and something requiring constant upkeep. It would be like if they decided you have to get attuned to every raid every week in order to keep your chance of getting better gear for PVE. I believe more in merit than in effort. The best players should be rated the highest not the players who put in the most time.  

Arena's were better back during retail when people actually played 3's and 5's. Even if 5's has always been the least played just because it required a lot more people to play. 

Nowadays all private servers seem to be nothing but 2's. Which sucks because with 2's you know everyone is going to be playing the same comps. 

everybody is going to be rank 14 if its so easy. what then, nobody goes MC and everyone looks the same, GG server dies.

6 minutes ago, raiko said:

There is a difference between something being a time sink and something requiring constant upkeep. It would be like if they decided you have to get attuned to every raid every week in order to keep your chance of getting better gear for PVE. I believe more in merit than in effort. The best players should be rated the highest not the players who put in the most time.  

Arena's were better back during retail when people actually played 3's and 5's. Even if 5's has always been the least played just because it required a lot more people to play. 

Nowadays all private servers seem to be nothing but 2's. Which sucks because with 2's you know everyone is going to be playing the same comps. 

Im praying gummy has a big pop that could sustain 3v3. Ive always thoufh 2v2 was just fotm and 5v5 was a clusterfuck.

How long does it usually take for Beta testing appliactions to be read? When do I know that the answer is no?

Posted (edited)

There was a thread a few weeks ago discussing possible pvp changes. Ill see if I can find it.

I believe the consensus was to leave it as blizz like as possible because there is no easy fix.

Here:

Though no official word yet I think.

Edited by Planks
Link

9 hours ago, Rele said:

How long does it usually take for Beta testing appliactions to be read? When do I know that the answer is no?

New applications are read weekly.

It isn't simply as easy as a yes or no entrance however. We have "waves" where people are invited based around what they know best and what Asura wants tested. We are currently refining the leveling experience, scripting quests and events and (for the umpteenth time) going over classes. The beta has currently had 3 waves, PvE heroes like myself who are "experts" at how questing should be, people who have made Outstanding applications regarding a class, and powerlevelers who have made impressive ~5dp 1-60 runs who are attempting to break the CF experience and find exploits in our database.

As I understand it, there is at least one more wave planned for PvP invites, with a possible second wave for dedicated PvE dungeon testing as well.

15 hours ago, Rele said:

The answer is never "no", just "not yet".

We bring in people as necessary.  Right now we have enough testers to keep us awash in bug reports.  When things begin to slow down, or if a number of testers have to stop to deal with RL issues, or just want a break, then we look at bringing on a few more people and new applications are reviewed at that time.

We do plan to bring in at least one more wave of testers prior to open beta, probably more than one.

Posted (edited)

A reminder that this thread will be closed this evening and questions taken for Sundays Q&A 4. Please ask any questions you want answered this cycle ASAP.

Edited by Elicas

I read that you will limit 2 accounts active at a time per IP. If there are multiple persons living together like my roommates and I in the same house can we send in a petition to allow more access without being blocked or banned from implemented protocols?

Thread is now locked and questions have been submitted to the devs.

We anticipate having Q&A 4 up on Sunday, though Asura is away for most of the rest of the week due to business so there is the potential that this next update will be delayed pending approval.

If this happens I will endeavor to have Q&A 4 posted Monday/Tuesday next week.

Q&A 5 is scheduled for Sunday 13th August. Questions for Q&A 4 can be submitted via the usual channels, either directly to the CM team or as replies to Q&A 4. Q&A 5 will be posted by either @rooted or by @Darkrasp, as I will be away for most of August. @rooted will be covering CM duties until I return.

As always, the staff thanks you for your continued interest in Crestfall.