Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sobreta

Trying to narrow down a class for CF

Hey guys, I'm thinking of rolling a druid, primarily as a healer. I was just wondering can ferals heal 5 mans while leveling if I keep a set of +int gear for that purpose? Can resto level decently in cat or bear form? How does balance manage? When the server goes live I expect getting instance groups will be no problem, but I do like questing as well. I'm also thinking in terms of farming stuff for myself if my latency allows me to get into raiding, or farming for my guild without having to roll extra characters.

Would I be better off rolling a hunter or something? How do druids in dungeon and quest drops fare solo?

48 minutes ago, Sobreta said:

I was just wondering can ferals heal 5 mans while leveling if I keep a set of +int gear for that purpose?

Yep. It starts getting a little tough in the 50's but its doable.

48 minutes ago, Sobreta said:

Can resto level decently in cat or bear form?

Eh, I wouldn't. You don't need to be resto to heal lower level instances.

49 minutes ago, Sobreta said:

How does balance manage?

[For leveling] Not as bad as some will make you believe, but you do need to stop and drink ALOT. And since you have no way of regaining mana until 40, it can be expensive and slow.
[For raiding] Same problem really, you'll do low/mediocre damage and you'll run out of mana rapidly.

52 minutes ago, Sobreta said:

Would I be better off rolling a hunter or something?

That's up to you really. Resto Druids can farm on par with other healers I guess. Its not great.

54 minutes ago, Sobreta said:

How do druids in dungeon and quest drops fare solo?

[While leveling] Prepare to fight with basically everyone for leather +agi/str gear and cloth +int pieces for your offset.
[While questing] There are some ok druid quests. One that comes to mind in Un'goro gives a nice blue +heals chest piece.
[While raiding] You'll basically get Druid tier stuff thrown at you since most guilds only have a couple. Its kinda nice.

Thanks. I think I'll level one on Elysium and see how it works out. I mean I eventually will roll a resto druid, I guess my question is is it work rolling it as my first character on a fresh, new server? I'm not exactly in a rush, but I also don't want to take 8 years to get to 60 lol.