Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xexomaru

Had to share this video

Had too...it's just way too good (also this guy, i think, worked for twin*star project)

That thing is so over-rendered that I can't even tell what half of the locations are. The other half took a bit of grasping at straws. Everything has been reduced into a pile of jaggy überdark grey. Basically this is what wotlk armor/weapon designers wanted to do.

Also what the hell is a living human village doing in Plaguelands? Not to mention the fact it's using wotlk buildings. Also not to mention that guy using Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. No wonder they got through Naxx so easy, they're using TBC equipment!

It's nice. I still think trailers that use actual in-game footage with little to no editing are always going to be far superior. Like the original Vanilla WoW trailer. The jankiness of those is part of the charm for me.

This one is pretty, but that's about it. Granted it probably wasn't meant to be much else.

....this...awesome! That tauren at 1:39....

1 hour ago, Sallerius said:

....this...awesome! That tauren at 1:39....

I didn't know that taurens can look cool b4 seeing these trailers. :P 

Seriously though, CF staff should hire this person to do a trailer for them. He/she doesn't seem to be working for Kronos anymore and the quality and attention to detail is amazing.

2 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

It's nice. I still think trailers that use actual in-game footage with little to no editing are always going to be far superior. Like the original Vanilla WoW trailer.

You mean the ones with keyboard turning characters, 20fps game play and shaky camera controlled with a mouse? :P Can't say I like them myself.

14 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

You mean the ones with keyboard turning characters, 20fps game play and shaky camera controlled with a mouse? :P Can't say I like them myself.

The keyboard turning makes it more genuine. kek

Cool vid dude, major props

5 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Seriously though, CF staff should hire this person to do a trailer for them. He/she doesn't seem to be working for Kronos anymore and the quality and attention to detail is amazing.

He's not doing private server stuff anymore. The notorious B Lizard hired him.

Maybe if Crestfall overcomes that and pays more...

:thinking:

Does he use the wow engine for these videos? I don't know anything about this kind of stuff and it shows.

Honestly this is a great tribute to ye olden times, with nostalgia mist and a very good soundtrack.  It looks good, but it SOUNDS better.  To me that's what sells it and puts you in the mood to go cut down some Scourge.

15 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I didn't know that taurens can look cool b4 seeing these trailers.

Change profile pic, something with open eyes;)

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure Hurricane is working for Blizzard now, funny that, a Blizzard employee making P.server trailers.

12 hours ago, Planks said:

Does he use the wow engine for these videos? I don't know anything about this kind of stuff and it shows.

I believe uses Cinema4D with a bunch of edited models, and Adobe After Effects.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

9 hours ago, Sallerius said:

Change profile pic, something with open eyes;)

Nah, it's 2017 and the sparrow face isn't cool anymore. :P

3 hours ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

I'm pretty sure Hurricane is working for Blizzard now, funny that, a Blizzard employee making P.server trailers.

Wait, really? I thought @Clavus was kidding. That's actually pretty cool if blizz hires fans who do stuff like this (even if that makes it difficult for them to do videos for CF). Where did you learn about this?

3 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Wait, really? I thought @Clavus was kidding.

I don't fool around with big names such as the almighty B Lizard and neither should you. Mark my words, mortals.

Posted (edited)

That trailer was amazing !
The person that did it had alot of talent.
The video brought back so many memories of my WoTLK times of playing as a Holy Paladin and raiding Naxxramas version of WoTLK.
Fun times indeed..

Thank you for sharing the video that made me go back to those times !

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

On 7/6/2017 at 4:21 PM, Pvt_8Ball said:

He's not. Icy Veins did an interview in which he confirmed that nothing came of Blizzard's initial approach.

On 7/6/2017 at 4:21 PM, Pvt_8Ball said:

I believe uses Cinema4D with a bunch of edited models, and Adobe After Effects.

Among other things. Hurricane once posted a quick guide on how he makes his trailers:

Vid_Guide_1920x5200.jpg

I myself am very fond of the BWL and AQ ones.

Posted (edited)

Tl;dr version:
hFkM1B3.jpg

fryrasT.jpg
...but how?

Edited by Xaverius

44 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Tl;dr version:
hFkM1B3.jpg

fryrasT.jpg
...but how?

i lol'ed !

9 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Tl;dr version:
hFkM1B3.jpg

fryrasT.jpg
...but how?

Tl;dr answer to that:

crop.jpg

The guide is subtitled, "You gotta learn it yourself tho". :)

On 8/5/2017 at 10:57 PM, Xaverius said:

Tl;dr version:
hFkM1B3.jpg

fryrasT.jpg
...but how?

You shout 'kurwa' at them. Repeatedly. Loud.