Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCarrill0

JC's Introduction

Posted (edited)

Greetings Crestfall Community,

Been watching for sometime since I been on Elysium. Decided to make an account and follow this project a bit closer. I like the idea of a PTE since it reminds me of how Retail was.
I been on some TBC server as of late and the prospect of Crestfall is more appealing with its PTE idea since Im still a Vanilla WOW lover over playing TBC. I do see that while it starts Vanilla, being the same as other projects will be different, and I am prepared for that.

I always start out as a Human Paladin, which I have been across many Private server projects as well as Retail (where I started many eons ago).
Retail Wow was my first MMO.
TheRebirth was my first Vanilla WOW Server. (R.I.P.)
After the shutdown of Emerald Dream Project and Feenix adopted the Project, I noticed a few changes that had Pros/Cons. After the content for Opening the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj became an absolute disappointment, My guild <Heroes of Terenas> decided to find a new project to start on, which is where Nostalrius was up and coming. Kronos has it appeal, but after looking more into it, it was better to stick with Nostalrius. We were excited once the server started a PvE Relam, in which we then moved/re-rolled. Some decided to stay (no hard feelings ofc).

Unfortunately, this ended April 2016, and Yet again finding a new home was something that was needed. TheRebirth was still too low pop to enjoy, but it was always friendly. Feenix was started to make round of its 3 server merged into one, due to lack of player content moving to Kronos & Nostalrius. The caused us to go back to retail and relive Vanilla in the form of 60 Twinking. It was fun for awhile, but also was quite boring.

It was about this time I was introduced to Elysium Wow, where Paladins were almost working perfectly (as intended anyways). So We started over there, got our number growing and then We heard of the Merger of Nost, with the hopes of getting our old toons back. This meant we had to wait... again.

Well as you know, Elysium had a somewhat merge, but with Nostalrius getting spooked and pulling out cut off half our raiders on their toons be accounted for. This was ok since we recruited some from the Original Elysium Wow server before the merger, but then we had to deal with constant DDoS attacks on the daily on Anathema. While this wasn't something new, it was something that we grew tired of so we decided to once again, re-roll on the old PvE server, now known as Darrowshire.

That is where we are today. While we await the next content to come out, some of us are trying TBC open beta testing (Felmyst), and I myself am keeping a watchful eye on the upcoming release of Crestfall.

As a paladin, I have some skepticism, but also hope of enjoying my beloved Vanilla WOW but in a new light!

Just now, JCarrill0 said:

Edited by JCarrill0

Welcome. : )

Nice toon.

Welcome to Crestfall!

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, ilovecats said:

Vanilla ret paladins unite! 

Hi.

Most of my retail days I was Holy. I tried Ret in AQ, and Naxx, but I sucked.

PvP was always fun to be ret, that's about it, but I was always a PvE player.

When I went to the private sector, I did start doing Tankadin since I had tried it in vanilla few times. I rather enjoyed it more in TBC.
I learned a lot about tanking in vanilla from trial and error, reading guides and trying their own methods, but in the end, you learn by practice.

Edited by JCarrill0

Hi, welcome buddy.
I hope you'll enjoy the community around here, hopefully the servers of this project will come out around this year so think positive !

14 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

Most of my retail days I was Holy. I tried Ret in AQ, and Naxx, but I sucked.

PvP was always fun to be ret, that's about it, but I was always a PvE player.

When I went to the private sector, I did start doing Tankadin since I had tried it in vanilla few times. I rather enjoyed it more in TBC.
I learned a lot about tanking in vanilla from trial and error, reading guides and trying their own methods, but in the end, you learn by practice.

I quite like tanking, the group can't go anywhere without them.

7 hours ago, ilovecats said:

I quite like tanking, the group can't go anywhere without them.

without a Tankadin?

2 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

without a Tankadin?

Without a tank in general.

You, I like you. You have experience but didn't fall into the cookie cutter recommended-by-everyone roles. That all-paladin party is a proof.

Posted (edited)

On 10/07/2017 at 9:35 PM, JCarrill0 said:

* My man *
(One of my favorite Denzel Washington quotes)

Most of my WoW career i played as a Paladin, i tanked, i dps'ed, i healed but most of the time i mainly healed.
When i see a player like you doing kind things to my beloved class i just feel like kissing you.
If i ever meet you on Crestfall i'll Spam /kiss wherever u go my Azeroth hero.
Forever remembered by clawz the cat fella !

Edited by ClawzTheMeow