Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCarrill0

Retribution 2-Handed leveling Weapons

Just thought I'd share what I recommend for young Paladins players to use as they level up.

I will add, that I removed Mograine's Might from the list. It's a nice 2h, but overall Bonebiter is better.
If you don't get the Rockpounder by level 50, just do your Paladin quest and get Lightforged Blade.

Feel free to jump in and explain what you recommend.

DISCLAIMER: Some items may not be available at launch

Edited by JCarrill0

On 10.07.2017 at 0:45 AM, JCarrill0 said:

Just thought I'd share what I recommend for young Paladins players to use as they level up.

I will add, that I removed Mograine's Might from the list. It's a nice 2h, but overall Bonebiter is better.
If you don't get the Rockpounder by level 50, just do your Paladin quest and get Lightforged Blade.

Feel free to jump in and explain what you recommend.

Lightforged blade, Ice barbed spear, unstopable fore will be not avaible on server start.
Smite's hammer, corpsemaker, rockpunder have random drop 20-40% so please tell me what's the point of wating time to farm them.
Arcanite reapeater costs A LOT - you will never have that amount of money at lvl 58.
Also switching between axes/swords/maces is another waste of time (farming weapon skill).
Protip mr "old Paladin" - wait for nerfed items list before posting this.

Edited by duzyizly
and polearms...

2 hours ago, duzyizly said:

Lightforged blade, Ice barbed spear, unstopable fore will be not avaible on server start.
Smite's hammer, corpsemaker, rockpunder have random drop 20-40% so please tell me what's the point of wating time to farm them.
Arcanite reapeater costs A LOT - you will never have that amount of money at lvl 58.
Also switching between axes/swords/maces is another waste of time (farming weapon skill).

Is there a reason you feel the need to say things like "old paladin"?

did I do something to upset ya? Yours always so salty when you post as if someone pissed in your wheaties every morning.

its a guide for people interested, if your not, by all means make your own thread.

back to on topic.

Av won't be available at launch, neither will the level 50 paladin quest, so yes many items will NOT be available.

that doesn't mean this can't be posted as a thread does it?

Edited by JCarrill0

5 hours ago, duzyizly said:

(...)

Good point, useful information.

Threads stay up for a long time though.

Anyways, it's just a recommendation list. People could discuss why they like/dislike a specific weapon. Nothing wrong with putting those on the list.

Doesn't even imply you want to farm them. One may decide on doing the dungeon since they now know weapons like these can drop. Even if someone wants to farm them, nothing wrong with that. I personally farmed Herod's Shoulder for a really long time. It was an achievement to get ahold of it and I had fun.

Could be for an alt, or you've been saving money for it since your mount, whatever. Information is informaion Again, not a realm first rush only list.

Some like to take their time and enjoy every moment of it. Not everyone is in a rush. Always excited about trying out a new weapon and leveling a weapon skill is nothing I would mind.

Some people play the game differently. Weird, huh. No need to be negative right away.

I'll regret getting involved.

Wouldn't a faster weapon be better overall? Considering you have no instants and the high miss/dodge rate.

Without singling anyone out, a casual reminder of rule #2.

While the OP may not be relevant for day #1 release content due to availability issues, it is a perfectly valid list for recommended items once everything is out. Maybe an extra sentence clarifying that in the OP would have been useful but that's no reason to shoot the messenger.

Debate the content, not the person.

20 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

Wouldn't a faster weapon be better overall? Considering you have no instants and the high miss/dodge rate.

we get more damage out of slower weapons. a good example is we crit higher.

Yeah but it happens so that you spend like 30 seconds missing or the mob dodging pretty often. Warriors can get away with it due to having multiple instants.

Edited by Terpsichore

The main seal while leveling is, seal of command, which has a chance to cast a extra holy attack. The proc chance of SoC is ppm = procs per minut. Therefore no matter how fast you hit, only 7 procs can happen in One minut. Therefore hitting hard and slow will incease your dmg. SoC is depending on your weapon end dmg.

Yeah but that doesn't exclude misses, dodges, parries, blocks, etc. The seal isn't going to proc if the hit doesn't connect. I have experience leveling a paladin in vanilla and and it was really horrid to spend up to 30 seconds missing hits over and over. Switching to a faster weapon made the killl speed generally faster, and switching to protection build make everything a lot better.

The post is about retribution leveling, not protection, and its only suggestions.

For generel retribution leveling a slow weapon is considered the best, which have been discussed in several theorycraft posts. 

If you want to discuss the benefits between prot leveling and fast weapons VS retribution leveling and slow weapons, then thats a whole new post and topic.

I was just making a comparison, I did level as retribution until 54 or so. My overall kill speed was better with a faster weapon.

On 7/21/2017 at 1:24 AM, Clavus said:

ˇ

On 7/21/2017 at 1:24 AM, Clavus said:

Some like to take their time and enjoy every moment of it.