Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCarrill0

Team 5-Paladin Dungeon builds.

Posted (edited)

So back on "old" project servers, I enjoyed doing end-game dungeons using all Paladins.

We had a group of 5 Paladins that was Talent-Spec'd to compliment each other.

While the runs were all successful, I wanted the end-Goal was to get a joint 10-Man UBRS using the 5 Paladins as well, but that never happened.

Here is the 5 Paladin builds:

The Tankadin - Protection Paladin. Judgement of Justice, Blessing of Sanctuary, Resistance Aura (Fire/Shadow/Frost).

The Healadin - Holy Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Light, Improved-Blessing of Wisdom, Improved-Concentration Aura.

The Reckadin - Hybrid Reckoning Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Crusader, Blessing of Kings, Improved-Retribution Aura.

The Ret Pally - Retribution Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Crusader, Improved-Blessing of Might, Sancity Aura.

The Shockadin - Spell Power Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Wisdom, Blessing of Light, Improved-Devotion Aura (With Libram).

Thoughts? Please reply with you comments/Concerns/Rants below.

Keep it civil please!

Edited by JCarrill0

Gear wise, the tankadin was me, was pre-raid BiS, so deathbone and everything else that was pre-Bis.

the healer was a guildie, full pre-raid healing... robes of exalted, etc.

the reckadin was also a guildie in PvP rank 10 gear, the remaining was pretty much what the ret pally had.

the ret pally was guildie, pre-raid ret melee gear. On the old server, melee gear was better for ret.

the shockadin was guildie in d2 and spell power. It was a mock build honestly, but SHE held her own.

the dps charts were around the same every time...

#1 was Ret Pally

#2 was shockadin (surprisingly)

#3 was Reckadin (with no aoe spells wtf)

#4 was tankadin (me). And this made me upset... as a tankadin I should of been like top dps lol, at least second...

we always used max spell, but I was OOM faster then they were :(

So paladins have 3 dps specs and none are considered viable by the tryhards for raiding? :P

Cool idea anyway.

Might be more difficult to run here, since multiple ranks of the same judgement will not stack so you wont get the 2x JoC from the OP.

Posted (edited)

This is amazing.

Also wut did u say bout shockadin m8 imma fite u.
...I guess their limelight came on TBC.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

So paladins have 3 dps specs and none are considered viable by the tryhards for raiding? :P

Paladins are the rare case where you can build around one particular ability or skillset. Almost like WoW is some sort of RPG. Almost. Shame other classes usually don't advance beyond the cut-and-dried talent division.

Edited by Xaverius

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Elicas said:

Might be more difficult to run here, since multiple ranks of the same judgement will not stack so you wont get the 2x JoC from the OP.

they don't have to stack, they can be refresh by other paladins ;)

14 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Cool idea anyway.

These builds are build around the 5 man team, not all talent are actually a viable raid spec.

11 hours ago, Xaverius said:

This is amazing.

Also wut did u say bout shockadin m8 imma fite u.
...I guess their limelight came on TBC.

Paladins are the rare case where you can build around one particular ability or skillset. Almost like WoW is some sort of RPG. Almost. Shame other classes usually don't advance beyond the cut-and-dried talent division.

Shockadins... are PvP viable, they are not however in anyway viable for 5 man teams. Not when Mages/Warlocks/Shadow Priests and double (if not triple) the damage, not to mention boomkins do more damage output.

so when you say fight me, that's talking pvp right.. where they are viable... ;)
if however you meant fight in dungeon to see who can top the charts, please be aware, I will gladly respec ret and accept this challenge, and would enjoy gettign beat. 8)

Edited by JCarrill0

2 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

so when you say fight me, that's talking pvp right.. where they are viable... ;)
if however you meant fight in dungeon to see who can top the charts, please be aware, I will gladly respec ret and accept this challenge, and would enjoy gettign beat. 8)

I actually meant a drunken brawl using broken bottles in a classic Irish pub, but this works too, yea.

Not a single CC, 5 hard mana drinkers, poor tank, poor dps, good single target healing.

On 10.07.2017 at 0:46 AM, JCarrill0 said:

The Reckadin - Hybrid Reckoning Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Crusader, Blessing of Kings, Improved-Retribution Aura.

The Shockadin - Spell Power Paladin. Improved-Judgement of Wisdom, Blessing of Light, Improved-Devotion Aura (With Libram).

1. Why noy 3 retri palas - it's more dps.
2. Why reckoning pala? He gonna be offtank or what? Can't get it...

On 10.07.2017 at 0:47 AM, JCarrill0 said:

Gear wise, the tankadin was me, was pre-raid BiS, so deathbone and everything else that was pre-Bis.

the healer was a guildie, full pre-raid healing... robes of exalted, etc.

the reckadin was also a guildie in PvP rank 10 gear, the remaining was pretty much what the ret pally had.

the ret pally was guildie, pre-raid ret melee gear. On the old server, melee gear was better for ret.

the shockadin was guildie in d2 and spell power. It was a mock build honestly, but SHE held her own.

1. Why do you still run dungeons with full pre-raid gear?
2. Why do you still run dungeon as pvp rank 10 character? You can get better gear from PvP vendors.
3. Shockadin with full D2 and still running dungeons.
4. Damn I hope you had all possible end-game enchants on this gear, flasks, elixirs, wrold buffs and stones from alt-warlocks

Keep it civil please!

$*&!^@#&*^@#&*%^@#&*%^&

On 10.07.2017 at 8:36 AM, Lilaina said:

So paladins have 3 dps specs and none are considered viable by the tryhards for raiding?

AKA Summoner of Duki.

On 10.07.2017 at 11:09 AM, Xaverius said:

This is amazing.

Not sure if sarcasm or...

So my point is - YES obviously you can run dungeons with this gear as 5 paladins. Even 5 shadow priests could do it with that gear level. Gosh...
PS: waiting for "team 5-druids dungeon builds": they have so many dps specs: starfire spam, wrath spam, claw spam...

21 hours ago, Xaverius said:

I actually meant a drunken brawl using broken bottles in a classic Irish pub, but this works too, yea.

oh, ha!

1 hour ago, duzyizly said:

Not a single CC, 5 hard mana drinkers, poor tank, poor dps, good single target healing.

1) CC isnt needed really when we have an AOE Tank
2) Hard mana drinking isn't an issue when everyone is drinking.
3) not sure if poor tank is a personal opinion or just trolling, either way. Paladin tanking is fun, and more effective as AOE tanking then any other class imo.
4) sure, poor dps (rollseyes), but all paladins and totally enjoyable!
5) Single and multi-Target healing since everyone gets heals back in return. healing was far from an issue by the way.

1) why not the ones we used? (did you look at the specs?)
2) Why not reck pala, they had fun doing it?!

2. Why do you still run dungeon as pvp rank 10 character? You can get better gear from PvP vendors.
4. Damn I hope you had all possible end-game enchants on this gear, flasks, elixirs, wrold buffs and stones from alt-warlocks

1) Why not? did you think we needed any of the runs for progression?
2) Why nto run with PvP rank 10 gear? is there a rule saying they can't?
3) Shockadin, holding her own and kicking @$$, enoying her self and we did too.
4) I think we went in with no buffs, just own own Paladin stuff, to show it was possible, enjoyable, totally worth our own play time.

So my point is - YES obviously you can run dungeons with this gear as 5 paladins. Even 5 shadow priests could do it with that gear level. Gosh...

I'm not sure how 5 Shadow priests can do it, but hey if they want too, they are more then welcome. I personally have only done this with Paladins & Druids.

PS: waiting for "team 5-druids dungeon builds": they have so many dps specs: starfire spam, wrath spam, claw spam...

I do understand this run isn't for everyone, I know we wanted to maximize every talent and buff we could that would benefit our group, which is what we achieved.

I mentioned before this was not a viable raids, but it was all possible for all dungeon and we have even planned one for UBRS but we have never took the runs serious enough to take the next step. We all enjoyed the runs, maxed out the possibility on talents, making them all work in unity with our Paladin Group.

If however you don't see the point, which I gather you didn't, then by all means don't use it! For those wanting to try, this was so much fun, it made a fun time during off raid nights/No PvP.. Perhaps one day we will take the next step and actually do UBRS with 5 paladins, and 5 Druids?!! lol who knows for sure. This game is 12 years old, finding new and interesting things to make it possible is what keeps the game alive.

PS - and I had a 5-Druid Pack guide, but after this previous comments from the last post, I will hold off on it, not worth the rain on the parade.

Lets not turn this into another bash the Paladins thread.

It goes without saying that any team consisting of 5 paladins knows full well what they're getting into and the pros/cons of running with Paladin DPS/Tank.

12 hours ago, duzyizly said:

Why do you project your minmax mentality into others? Some people have fun spending 200g/person X 40 people per riding night in consumables to finish a raid in less time. Others have fun experimenting and enjoying the dungeons. Everyone has a taste man...

In K2 I was running a lot of 60 dungeons even after I got full T2 and BWL weapons. Oh boy it was fun to 4 man strat live in under 30 minutes, or 4 man UBRS ;-), 3 man BRD.

I am glad others also enjoy doing this kind of thing instead of focusing on theorycrafting and trying hard to top your 'hardcore' guild's DPS chart.

Well done JC, glad to see someone actually did it. Many people have these cool & funny ideas but they rarely get past the chit-chat phase. Would be awesome to see Order of the Silver Hand recreated on Crestfall and played by those who enjoy paladins in both pve & pvp. Keep up the good work and just ignore folks like duzyizly, if the creature in his avatar was him then the avatar itself would be a perfect sign to pin up on threads like this. ;)

20 hours ago, duzyizly said:

AKA Summoner of Duki.

what

11 hours ago, loeth said:

Why do you project your minmax mentality into others?

What is this topic about? Oh... "other ppl thoughts".
Sorry I said my thoughts. GOSH

22 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

oh, ha!

1) CC isnt needed really when we have an AOE Tank
2) Hard mana drinking isn't an issue when everyone is drinking.
3) not sure if poor tank is a personal opinion or just trolling, either way. Paladin tanking is fun, and more effective as AOE tanking then any other class imo.
4) sure, poor dps (rollseyes), but all paladins and totally enjoyable!
5) Single and multi-Target healing since everyone gets heals back in return. healing was far from an issue by the way.

1) why not the ones we used? (did you look at the specs?)
2) Why not reck pala, they had fun doing it?!

1) Why not? did you think we needed any of the runs for progression?
2) Why nto run with PvP rank 10 gear? is there a rule saying they can't?
3) Shockadin, holding her own and kicking @$$, enoying her self and we did too.
4) I think we went in with no buffs, just own own Paladin stuff, to show it was possible, enjoyable, totally worth our own play time.

I'm not sure how 5 Shadow priests can do it, but hey if they want too, they are more then welcome. I personally have only done this with Paladins & Druids.

I do understand this run isn't for everyone, I know we wanted to maximize every talent and buff we could that would benefit our group, which is what we achieved.

I mentioned before this was not a viable raids, but it was all possible for all dungeon and we have even planned one for UBRS but we have never took the runs serious enough to take the next step. We all enjoyed the runs, maxed out the possibility on talents, making them all work in unity with our Paladin Group.

If however you don't see the point, which I gather you didn't, then by all means don't use it! For those wanting to try, this was so much fun, it made a fun time during off raid nights/No PvP.. Perhaps one day we will take the next step and actually do UBRS with 5 paladins, and 5 Druids?!! lol who knows for sure. This game is 12 years old, finding new and interesting things to make it possible is what keeps the game alive.

PS - and I had a 5-Druid Pack guide, but after this previous comments from the last post, I will hold off on it, not worth the rain on the parade.

1) let's say your tank is full green (fresh lvl 60) and you are doing Strat live, you are in cathedral and you pulled full 6 mob pack - can your tank handle damage output? NOPE.
2) wasting time for drinking before each pull - FUN
3) paladin tanking is fun, he's AOE tanking skills are way better than any other class - you also run oom super quick
4) my mentality of minmaxing is a problem here BUT you have tank that takes A LOT of damage (because you dont have single CC) - he's HP is running low very quick - you have one focused healer. If he run oom your tank dies - if your tank dies most likely your whole team dies (so 3 rets are going to do way more damage and save your tank from dying)
5) healing was far from issue coz you were over-geared...

1) yes i did - there's not a single reason to use "reckadin" - this talent is not going to pop even once during whole dungeon also retri deals more damage than shockadins,
2) ^ this

1) again you are asking "what ppl think about 5-man pala dungeons" but than you say tha you are overgeared - it's obviously you can beat those dungeons with that gear - you could probably do it as 4-man pala with same gear (or even 3-man).
2) im not bashing it's bad but you asked about my "thoughts".
3) show me a dps meter if you are so sure about that
4) you didnt get the sarcasm, don't you?

SO AGAIN: you ask ppl about their "thoughts" - that was my thoughts and you bashed 'em. Why the heck do you even ask ppl for anything...

-"We beat dungeon as 5 over geared paladin - what do think guys".
-"Y... w/e"

10 hours ago, Gnjus said:

Well done JC, glad to see someone actually did it. Many people have these cool & funny ideas but they rarely get past the chit-chat phase. Would be awesome to see Order of the Silver Hand recreated on Crestfall and played by those who enjoy paladins in both pve & pvp. Keep up the good work and just ignore folks like duzyizly, if the creature in his avatar was him then the avatar itself would be a perfect sign to pin up on threads like this. ;)

I smiled - I should change my avatar, didn't know it mean so much for ppl. Maybe I should wear a suit and take a photo - damn that would be SERIOUS avatar.

12 hours ago, Elicas said:

It goes without saying that any team consisting of 5 paladins knows full well what they're getting into and the pros/cons of running with Paladin DPS/Tank.

I didn't know there's a forum rule that doesn't allow you to say "paladins were never good tanks back in 2004-2006" (and it's true). Please link it.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Elicas said:

I certainly hope it doesn't. I have a passion for my class, and I understand not everyone is willing to accept the roles we can do. Truth is the only want what they are used to and perhaps not interested in anything else. I can respect that, so I hope that's ok.

13 hours ago, loeth said:

In K2 I was running a lot of 60 dungeons even after I got full T2 and BWL weapons. Oh boy it was fun to 4 man strat live in under 30 minutes, or 4 man UBRS ;-), 3 man BRD.

I am glad others also enjoy doing this kind of thing instead of focusing on theorycrafting and trying hard to top your 'hardcore' guild's DPS chart.

Well, thank you. I do enjoy doing new and fun things with my Paladin. sometimes everyone looses the idea of what wow as, and their only goal is the next item of gear they want.

11 hours ago, Gnjus said:

It is always nice to see the positive and share of the love for Paladins. :)

52 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

What is this topic about? Oh... "other ppl thoughts".
Sorry I said my thoughts. GOSH

1) let's say your tank is full green (fresh lvl 60) and you are doing Strat live, you are in cathedral and you pulled full 6 mob pack - can your tank handle damage output? NOPE.
2) wasting time for drinking before each pull - FUN
3) paladin tanking is fun, he's AOE tanking skills are way better than any other class - you also run oom super quick
4) my mentality of minmaxing is a problem here BUT you have tank that takes A LOT of damage (because you dont have single CC) - he's HP is running low very quick - you have one focused healer. If he run oom your tank dies - if your tank dies most likely your whole team dies (so 3 rets are going to do way more damage and save your tank from dying)
5) healing was far from issue coz you were over-geared...

1) yes i did - there's not a single reason to use "reckadin" - this talent is not going to pop even once during whole dungeon also retri deals more damage than shockadins,
2) ^ this

1) again you are asking "what ppl think about 5-man pala dungeons" but than you say tha you are overgeared - it's obviously you can beat those dungeons with that gear - you could probably do it as 4-man pala with same gear (or even 3-man).
2) im not bashing it's bad but you asked about my "thoughts".
3) show me a dps meter if you are so sure about that
4) you didnt get the sarcasm, don't you?

SO AGAIN: you ask ppl about their "thoughts" - that was my thoughts and you bashed 'em. Why the heck do you even ask ppl for anything...

-"We beat dungeon as 5 over geared paladin - what do think guys".
-"Y... w/e"

I smiled - I should change my avatar, didn't know it mean so much for ppl. Maybe I should wear a suit and take a photo - damn that would be SERIOUS avatar.

I didn't know there's a forum rule that doesn't allow you to say "paladins were never good tanks back in 2004-2006" (and it's true). Please link it.

I'm not sure where to begin with this @duzyizly, you made a wall of a quote, and replied with the same, so I'm not sure what comment your replying to, nor who it is to whom your expressing to. I don't have any plans to make this an on-going debate, nor want any more bashing of my ideas from you. I do know you made your comments, which I replied in kind... the first time. I don't have anything further to say. I gathered you didn't agree with it, I respected your opinion and I moved on.

Edited by JCarrill0

10 hours ago, duzyizly said:

There isn't one. However, coming into the Paladin forum to bash on Paladins you disagree with who have proved over the years on private servers that they can tank/dps with "non-viable" builds will get you sanctioned. There may not have been many top end Paladin tanks in 04-06. There have been more than a few who have raid tanked, from Feenix, to Nost, to Kronos, to Elysium.

JCarill0 never said in this thread that this was optimal, never said that Paladin tanks were better than any other class and never made any overriding statements about ret DPS compared to other classes. It was simply a thread to say "We, as a class, can do X using nothing but our Class".

However I will point you towards rule #2.

The overwhelming point of my post however, was that any team consisting of 5 Paladins already understands most of the cons you are complaining about. They're already playing the class.

I wont repeat myself ad infinitum.

Disagree politely as much as you like. Foster the discussion.

Minimize your whataboutary and bashing however.

On 7/11/2017 at 3:06 PM, duzyizly said:

Not sure if sarcasm or...

stop_liking_file.jpg

In seriousness, this is a fun idea and I'm glad to see a group of friends actually putting it into practice. Ignore the fun police. People who think they're hot shit for min-maxing a 13-year-old game successfully but shit on "nonviable" builds are self-parodies. Just laugh and be thankful you're not that boring.

3 hours ago, Dawnstorm said:

In seriousness, this is a fun idea and I'm glad to see a group of friends actually putting it into practice. Ignore the fun police. People who think they're hot shit for min-maxing a 13-year-old game successfully but shit on "nonviable" builds are self-parodies. Just laugh and be thankful you're not that boring.

I appreciate that. It was fun and made to be fun after all, but the main reason was to max out the potential. Sure we could if used 3 Ret...that just isn't what we wanted ;)

Posted (edited)

On 2017-07-14 at 7:24 PM, Dawnstorm said:

I support this message. 

Edited by Sherekhan

It honestly looks to me someone here wants to tell us how fun is to be had...

9 minutes ago, Clavus said:

You never see a theorycrafting thread about minimaxing getting posts from people who play "alternative ". 

But as soon as someone post about, melee-hunter, paladin tank/dps, or class groups/raids or other "non-optimal" spec you always se a tryhard with the wierd need to post critique. 

Always these tryhards who can't stand that people enjoy the game in a different way than them. 

On 7/16/2017 at 4:47 AM, Clavus said:

That it was good sir!

On 7/16/2017 at 5:01 AM, Sherekhan said:

You never see a theorycrafting thread about minimaxing getting posts from people who play "alternative ". 

But as soon as someone post about, melee-hunter, paladin tank/dps, or class groups/raids or other "non-optimal" spec you always se a tryhard with the wierd need to post critique. 

Always these tryhards who can't stand that people enjoy the game in a different way than them. 

Tru dat