Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClawzTheMeow

Gummy's TBC server with a video of him talking

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looks very interesting ! =)
Might be something to play until CF is released !
I'm actually very interested in trying it out, since i had great times playing Blizzard's WoW TBC as a Paladin.
Who knows ? Might do it again :D

Here is the link :

http://kotaku.com/new-world-of-warcraft-fan-server-takes-players-back-to-1796551541

Edit: From what i've seen its set to release soon'ish in around 11 days.

Edit 2: It saddens me that i've discovered that the server will be hosted in New York, meaning it will be an American server so it will be a no-no for me european fella :(

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Releases on July 21st.

I was thinking of trying it out but since I have no real TBC experience yet I thought I'd save myself for Crestfall's TBC when we get there. Exoerience it here with nice PTE.

1 hour ago, Clavus said:

Releases on July 21st.

I was thinking of trying it out but since I have no real TBC experience yet I thought I'd save myself for Crestfall's TBC when we get there. Exoerience it here with nice PTE.

Thing is, if you're european you're kinda screwed with high pings since the server will be in New York, its in their F.A.Q of the website.
Its really sad, i don't enjoy playing with 150-200 ping :/

I'm not really afraid of ping issues. 'Muricans play on EU servers and put up with it, I can do the same, :P

Americans deal with 100-200 ping playing on EU hosted servers.  What exactly is the problem?  It's not that bad.  

I'll probably play there unless CF announces open beta within a month or two.

2 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Americans deal with 100-200 ping playing on EU hosted servers.  What exactly is the problem?  It's not that bad.  

This. I always have at least 120-280 when playing at my parents'. I'd be more worried of the fact that Gummy is an American and hosting the server on Blizz's turf.

That's tempting. I always wanted to see crowded Shattrath.

Posted (edited)

Crestfall and Felmyst are literally the only projects that i'm interested in, so yeah i'm gonna roll on Felmyst right now. Also, that ping "issue" is ridiculous, i'm living in Lyon (France) and I have 85 ms, anything below 200ms in wow is completely playable. This is a mmo, not a first person shooter :D

9 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Looks very interesting ! =)
Might be something to play until CF is released !
I'm actually very interested in trying it out, since i had great times playing Blizzard's WoW TBC as a Paladin.
Who knows ? Might do it again :D

Here is the link :

https://dvsgaming.org/world-of-warcraft-burning-crusade-fan-server/

Edit: From what i've seen its set to release soon'ish in around 11 days.

Edit 2: It saddens me that i've discovered that the server will be hosted in New York, meaning it will be an American server so it will be a no-no for me european fella :(

Better use this link btw ;-) :http://kotaku.com/new-world-of-warcraft-fan-server-takes-players-back-to-1796551541

The Kotaku article is kind of a guarantee that there will be a big population on the server...I just hope there will be a reasonable population cap.

Edited by valaquenta

I am currently doing Open Beta testing there, and I have enjoyed it

100-200 ping? I envy you guys lol, as an Australian with sub-par internet, I consider myself lucky if I manage to find any private server with <300 ping. 300-400 is normal to me lol

Although I despise Kotaku I decided to check out the article. the comments gave me a pretty good sharp exhalation from my nostrils. I'll be spending time on Felmyst while I wait for our lord and savior; it's good to see the normies that frequent that rag are too baby-mode to get into private realms. The last thing any of these realms need these days is a huge day one surge. Day one surges lead to gigantic queues lead to forum whining lead to reddit slandering lead to the server emptying leads to the server shutting down. Steady organic player flow is the desired state. Nostalrius was such a double-edged sword for private realms. If you don't have 9k+ players online at all hours of the day the server is "dead" in the community's eyes, leading it to eventually be actually dead when there's fewer than 200 people on during peak times, and all of THEM are bots or chinese.

If you ain't first you're last, it seems.

Gummy new hype train... I bet if you put it like side to side wit for example VoA it will not be better, won't say it be worse. But hype always overrates

Posted (edited)

Very interesting indeed. The leveling beta seemed very solid TBH. All quests I tried were working nicely, though level 58-60 dungeons were not properly scripted.

Edit: Should we be expected to know what you mean by "VoA"?

Edited by loeth

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, ilovecats said:

I always wanted to see crowded Shattrath.

Scrub.

3 hours ago, loeth said:

Very interesting indeed. The leveling beta seemed very solid TBH. All quests I tried were working nicely, though level 58-60 dungeons were not properly scripted.

Edit: Should we be expected to know what you mean by "VoA"?

Vengeance of Azeroth. They had a nice thing going on the last year, but then they fucked it up by instant 60s for Nostrils people so they can go straight to TBC. Also that server contributed like 80 % of Nost's TBC repo which I find hilarious.

Also god, that's gonna be fun to watch.

>covered by the mainstream media
>'murican
>hosting in 'murica

Now the only thing that's missing is if it's succesful.
Then we'll see how big can Blizzard's C&D erection get.

16 hours ago, valaquenta said:

Better use this link I6e3fgj.pnghttp://archive.is/59n0U

Use protection when dealing with these people.

EDIT:

I’ve poked around in the beta, and I had forgotten how slow going it was. How new spells and skills had to be purchased from a trainer rather than learned automatically. How a mage had to stop and regain mana instead of chain-killing low-level trash. It’s tough, but sort of nice.

What a fucking casual. This is what retail's fully automated questing experience does to people.

Edited by Xaverius

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

What a fucking casual. This is what retail's fully automated questing experience does to people.

Did you read some of the comments? I couldn't help myself. 

Does "timesink" automatically mean a game is bad in the gaming world? Cause if I'm loving what I'm doing, I'll sink eons of time into said activity. 

I hope it does well, and I hope tons of ppl get what they're looking for. I'm to casual for another gankathon. I'll wait for some chill time in Zul'Dare. 

Wish I liked TBC, because I think this will actually be a quality server. But I just cannot get into any of the expansions. Even TBC, which I rank as the least sucky of all the x-packs.

I'll probably play casually to scratch the WoW itch since I don't expect CF until December.  And then I'll have a backup in case CF gets delayed more or (please no!) cancelled.

I'm generally interested since Gummy has always been a good scripter. I'm less convinced about his core work, which in the past was always Mangos + hack fixes with SC1 + 2. I'll judge it if I play it.

What's got me on the fence currently is only 1 PvP server announced. If the population gets big, it'll either be a) a nightmare to play in outland or b) crash a lot.

If he opens a PvE server I'll try it out, otherwise i'll give it a month or so to see how it settles in.

8 hours ago, Elicas said:

I'm generally interested since Gummy has always been a good scripter. I'm less convinced about his core work, which in the past was always Mangos + hack fixes with SC1 + 2. I'll judge it if I play it.

I'm not sure what's the difference between good scripts and a good core? Does that mean that all the boss encounters and quest events work but the server itself can crash or lag a lot?

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

I'm not sure what's the difference between good scripts and a good core? Does that mean that all the boss encounters and quest events work but the server itself can crash or lag a lot?

Essentially;

Class mechanics, spells, talents, their effects and how everything on the server works is part of the core or how the core interacts with the database information.
Quests, mobs, stuff inside dungeons, RP events and the like is all done by a script (either LUA, C+ or SQL database scripting) and is nearly all done in a database.

Gummy's scripting is absolutely top notch and always has been. His core work remains to be scrutinized outside of the beta. It's possible it is also top notch.

1. If it get to big he will have bigger problem that EU based servers with Blizzard. Hosting server in US and living there also not a good combo.

2. I have my doubts it be "that big" because EU players tend to be more unwilling to bad ping/latency. Experience from private server and other games. That probebly because we tend to have more options. But would be intresting to be proven wrong.

I will play SWTOR untill CF is release, maby try Gummy out.

I don't think Gummy server is going to live long enough.
Blizzard doesn't let private servers survive in USA territory sadly

On their forums I read that Felmyst is going to run without financial contribution from its community (in fact, they do not accept any form of donation). Crestfall will stop as soon as the contributions fail to be sufficient. What's the difference between the two projects? Different hardware quality? Did the "owners" of Felmyst win the lottery or inherit a fortune? I'm a complete idiot in this regard, so this question is sincere.

49 minutes ago, Murok said:

On their forums I read that Felmyst is going to run without financial contribution from its community (in fact, they do not accept any form of donation). Crestfall will stop as soon as the contributions fail to be sufficient. What's the difference between the two projects? Different hardware quality? Did the "owners" of Felmyst win the lottery or inherit a fortune? I'm a complete idiot in this regard, so this question is sincere.

Well Felmyst simply will fund their own hardware through their pockets so i'm assuming all of them are employed and have more than enough money.
The same goes for Crestfall, the thing is, Crestfall wants to have as many servers as are needed so Crestfall might need donations in the future because of that, but we'll see how the future goes