Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClawzTheMeow

Gummy's TBC server with a video of him talking

61 posts in this topic

I'm getting a Nost vibe from Gummy's and not in a good way. Attention from the media + insistence on not accepting donations as if it mattered to Blizz. + also the fact that it seems to be a one man show run by a murican in the US.... I wouldn't bet on the project having a long lifespan. That's not going to stop me from playing there though cuz I'm and addict and need my fix. :S

2 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

I'm getting a Nost vibe from Gummy's and not in a good way. Attention from the media + insistence on not accepting donations as if it mattered to Blizz. + also the fact that it seems to be a one man show run by a murican in the US.... I wouldn't bet on the project having a long lifespan. That's not going to stop me from playing there though cuz I'm and addict and need my fix. :S

Thing is, Blizzard closes servers in Europe without any problems, a server in America problaby won't last more than a day or a week then.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

@Lilaina You going to be horde or alliance? Also, I just noticed that your avatar seems less enthusiastic about life now.

On 7/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, ClawzTheMeow said:

Edit 2: It saddens me that i've discovered that the server will be hosted in New York, meaning it will be an American server so it will be a no-no for me european fella :(

Ping does not really matter that much unless you get 200ms+. I have 110ms from Estonia (East Europe to NY) and I can barely see the delay. As someone said - below 200ms latency is similar to a human reaction time. If you die with 200ms, you still would have died with 10ms.

4 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

@Lilaina You going to be horde or alliance? Also, I just noticed that your avatar seems less enthusiastic about life now.

Alliance like all the cool people.

Jaina will probably pick up the popcorn and open her eyes once something hype worthy happens.

58 minutes ago, Karli said:

Ping does not really matter that much unless you get 200ms+. I have 110ms from Estonia (East Europe to NY) and I can barely see the delay. As someone said - below 200ms latency is similar to a human reaction time. If you die with 200ms, you still would have died with 10ms.

Kinda off topic but there's a cool site here that lets you test your reaction time: https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

All the people complaining how they can't play without super low ms should do that test and see just how slow they really are. :D

5 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Thing is, Blizzard closes servers in Europe without any problems, a server in America problaby won't last more than a day or a week then.

We speak about Blizzard shutting down servers as it's been a regular thing. Did I miss out on something? The case of Nostalrius is nothing to relate to as they pretty much caved in for 'the greater good'.

It seems to me it became a trend just like calling every server Corecraft 2.0 ever since their downfall. It only happened once but now every upcoming server is speculated to become the next.

I might be completely wrong, feel free to point it out.

2 hours ago, Karli said:

Actually it matters when you're playing a tank, u'll have dealy dealing with bosses or mobs and that's crucial for an MMO.

15 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Actually it matters when you're playing a tank, u'll have dealy dealing with bosses or mobs and that's crucial for an MMO.

Check out that link and see for yourself. I managed to get 270ms at best:

18 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Kinda off topic but there's a cool site here that lets you test your reaction time: https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

All the people complaining how they can't play without super low ms should do that test and see just how slow they really are. :D

-------------

I've noticed that people seem to learn to account for the "lag" in time naturally, and have no problems performing as good as anyone else with lower ping. Even if you do miss 1 skill over a long-ass fight because of the micro-lag, I don't believe for a second that it will cause you to perform noticeably worse. Even the best players of WoW screw up their rotations once in a while in raids due to distracting factors.

500 dps vs 490 dps for 2 seconds. It's an elitist jerk way of looking at player performance, is it not?

3 hours ago, Karli said:

Check out that link and see for yourself. I managed to get 270ms at best:

-------------

I've noticed that people seem to learn to account for the "lag" in time naturally, and have no problems performing as good as anyone else with lower ping. Even if you do miss 1 skill over a long-ass fight because of the micro-lag, I don't believe for a second that it will cause you to perform noticeably worse. Even the best players of WoW screw up their rotations once in a while in raids due to distracting factors.

500 dps vs 490 dps for 2 seconds. It's an elitist jerk way of looking at player performance, is it not?

My average value from 5 tries was in the 310s. My best non-cheat number was 212 but I was staring at the monitor unblinking with my nose pressed against it and forefinger hovering and twitching above the left mb. I also got 92ms by just getting lucky and clicking just when the light changed. I can't see how a human could get below 150 without cheating and getting lucky. I've read that Formula 1 drivers average reaction time is around 200ms for comparison.

@Lilaina Looks like my group is going Horde on Felmyst; I'll send ya a smile if I see you on the fields of battle :)

Mostly because we'll be Alliance here on good ol CF and don't want to have to do the same content all over again.

Sadly TBC doesn't have much gameplay value for me once you're maxed, the leveling phase is pretty nice but then it all rolls downhill. I'll continue waiting for CF.

7 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

@Lilaina Looks like my group is going Horde on Felmyst; I'll send ya a smile if I see you on the fields of battle :)

Sure. I'll send you a />:( and slaughter you like the horde pig that you are. <3

9 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

Sadly TBC doesn't have much gameplay value for me once you're maxed, the leveling phase is pretty nice but then it all rolls downhill.

That's wow in general.

That's mmos in general.

That's games in general.

Why even live.

getting 100ms from swe to gummy server on the open beta atm, it playes fine. seen some bugs here and there but overall it's been ok so far .. it feels like stealth detection is abit too agressive, mobs at the same level as me see me instantly as i get even remotely close to them from the front as i remembered it they should be like what someone there? before they notice you .. the rogue class quest for humans is a no go since the dockmaster will see you before you can pickpocket him :P

11 hours ago, Chizzum said:

it feels like stealth detection is abit too agressive, mobs at the same level as me see me instantly as i get even remotely close to them from the front as i remembered it they should be like what someone there? before they notice you .. the rogue class quest for humans is a no go since the dockmaster will see you before you can pickpocket him :P

That's a common private server problem and I've yet to see a server where stealth mechanics work properly. I hope CF breaks the record.

On 18.7.2017 at 2:55 AM, Terpsichore said:

Sadly TBC doesn't have much gameplay value for me once you're maxed, the leveling phase is pretty nice but then it all rolls downhill. I'll continue waiting for CF.

Isn't there still more to do than in Vanilla? The only thing I don't like is the focus on arenas but heroics and reputation dailies offer quite a lot to do and weren't even a thing in vanilla.

21 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Why even live.

Why not? Might as well.

Edited by Lilaina

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

Isn't there still more to do than in Vanilla? The only thing I don't like is the focus on arenas but heroics and reputation dailies offer quite a lot to do and weren't even a thing in vanilla.

Eh, not for me or anyone I played with. The leveling stage and early gearing process was pretty nice, I enjoyed 5 man heroics and even some silly faction rep grinds but found raiding lackluster. The real blow was the lack of PvP though, world PvP was effectively removed, BG/Arena gear was basically cancer and did a lot of damage to PvP overall. After like 3 months I found myself with nothing to do and only logged for the weekly 10 arenas cause somebody asked me for help, same for my friends.

Yet in vanilla we always had something to do and played pretty much daily.

Also, vanilla did have reputation dailies and I hated them but at least they weren't really required unlike in expansions.

Edited by Terpsichore

Swift as the wind...

Luckily my last try ended up being the best!

Sorry for triggering your OCD with the white line on top, couldn't be bothered to cut again.

yay.PNG

Edited by Clavus

6 hours ago, Clavus said:

Swift as the wind...

Luckily my last try ended up being the best!

Sorry for triggering your OCD with the white line on top, couldn't be bothered to cut again.

yay.PNG

I bet you're all cheating somehow to get that low numbers :-D

1 minute ago, Lilaina said:

Bah,... i live in Mordor...u can imagine internet there.....on horse back:)

1 minute ago, Lilaina said:

Or just EU master race...

:thinking:

11 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

I'm EU too :(

My whole life has been a lie :o 

I guess it must come from the superiority of the Horde then!

(You can't be Horde, right?)

56 minutes ago, Clavus said:

My whole life has been a lie :o 

I guess it must come from the superiority of the Horde then!

(You can't be Horde, right?)

Horde ew.

Maybe my folks' potato internet is holding me back. Need to test again next month when I'm back at my own place.