Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pvescrub

ARK-players of Crestfall!

I was wondering whether there is enough ARK-players here to form a tribe while we patiently wait for the coming release of Crestfall. I'm thinking on the Ragnarok map, PVE or PVP is ok in my mind. Preferably with an offline raid protection though :$

Let yourselves be known, so we can plan a bit and choose a server!

I don't feel interested enough in buying this, but if anyone wants, gib. At least I'll be able to say "look, I have a shiny too!" to my ex.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is ARK? 

Posted (edited)

I've used to play it when it got released but my pc never really handled that game very good.
I don't know how it is now tho, haven't played in like 1-2 years or whenever it was released

Dinossaurs are pretty cool tho :ph34r:

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

1 hour ago, WingziuM said:

DayZ #2845 with dinosaurs.

23 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

DayZ #2845 with dinosaurs.

Fun thing, I actually talked to a guy who works as a tester for that - he had some fun stories. The people you meet on a heavy metal festival.

(I actually don't like it that much because of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are stupid. Give me giant hedgehogs.)

Posted (edited)

I might be keen once I get a new PC considering there should be laws against what Ark does to my poor little metal encased shitheap.

Though I'll be honest I'm not too keen on people being able to raid my shit while I'm offline, that's why I usually play on a privately hosted server with just my friends.

Edit: I lied. I don't have friends.

Edit2: I lied again, I do have friends (no really I do), but there's only like the 3 of us that actually play Ark.

Edited by Alumian

6 hours ago, WingziuM said:

Arkansas. It's a "southern" State in the US. Gets the rep of being full of backwoods, hillbilly types. 

I've vacationed there a few times, on this gorgeous lake. Rich family members paying for whole thing. Beautiful area. 

6 hours ago, Xaverius said:

I don't feel interested enough in buying this, but if anyone wants, gib. At least I'll be able to say "look, I have a shiny too!" to my ex.

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Fun thing, I actually talked to a guy who works as a tester for that - he had some fun stories. The people you meet on a heavy metal festival.

(I actually don't like it that much because of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are stupid. Give me giant hedgehogs.)

Me thinks lady tries too hard to be such a (h)edge(hog)lord! You love dinosaurs like the rest of us, you just want someone to buy the game for you now that it has gotten its release price applied! 

4 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I've used to play it when it got released but my pc never really handled that game very good.
I don't know how it is now tho, haven't played in like 1-2 years or whenever it was released

Dinossaurs are pretty cool tho :ph34r:

It actually isn't released yet, officially. The price is already the release price, but the game is out of early access in August. Bugs and all. If Wildcard doesn't have some insane godly internal build that will fix everything including the world hunger, there's no way to justify the price hike. Or the release for that matter...

3 hours ago, Alumian said:

I might be keen once I get a new PC considering there should be laws against what Ark does to my poor little metal encased shitheap.

Though I'll be honest I'm not too keen on people being able to raid my shit while I'm offline, that's why I usually play on a privately hosted server with just my friends.

Edit: I lied. I don't have friends.

Edit2: I lied again, I do have friends (no really I do), but there's only like the 3 of us that actually play Ark.

I so understand what you're saying. The optimization of the game is nowhere near what it should be. Looks pretty though. Luckily one can tune it down quite far and it'll run on a bit more ancient machines too. But it still takes a godly amount of memory/pagefile to run, even on the extremely low settings. I play it on extra low, and I still find it enjoyable, except for the OP sun reflections and shiny skybox. 

Of course I have no idea how ancient your machine is, or if you've already tried getting rid off all the eye candy ARK has strapped to it. Just like Vanilla WoW is better than Legion because of the gameplay being superior, the good things in ARK don't disappear with lower LODs. In my opinion at least :P

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, pvescrub said:

now that it has gotten its release price applied! 

It actually got released? Scratch that, I read the rest of the comment.

Nah, I want someone to buy it for me since it's a minecraft with laggy graphics that I don't really care about, but have a PC that can run it, so if there's an opportunity to shoot shit with people...

Edited by Xaverius

8 hours ago, pvescrub said:

I so understand what you're saying. The optimization of the game is nowhere near what it should be. Looks pretty though. Luckily one can tune it down quite far and it'll run on a bit more ancient machines too. But it still takes a godly amount of memory/pagefile to run, even on the extremely low settings. I play it on extra low, and I still find it enjoyable, except for the OP sun reflections and shiny skybox. 

Of course I have no idea how ancient your machine is, or if you've already tried getting rid off all the eye candy ARK has strapped to it. Just like Vanilla WoW is better than Legion because of the gameplay being superior, the good things in ARK don't disappear with lower LODs. In my opinion at least :P

Okay so true story, some time ago I managed to crack the DaVinci code of the turning point of when performance starts to become a still picture :D but yeah my game experience can best be described as HD pixelation lmao.

So I can actually play it without acting like a piece of gothic architecture in game, but yeah there are still bugs that I'm amazed are still in there.

If you don't know about this one, enjoy this lol. If you smack a tree that has low lying leaves or branches (because the branches or leaves might drift past the point of impact), the damaged texture from the impact point actually exists as an overlay of the object model, so if you smash a tree, you'll be able to see the impact on the leaves and branches of you can position the camera just right.