Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Adalon

So what's all this about?

141 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

wow these guys, im not reading all of it, the beginning was rubbish enough.

Like... someone else makes an update post of Crestfall, but somehow the guy who posts it 1. has a throwaway account. 2. its not from crestfall, 3. Crestfall doesnt post on Reddit anymore.

Why is there no update on Crestfalls forum if things are however they describe it in their post, some people losing it IRL.

How serious can one take that.

My brain i need break

Also it feels like the post on wowservers is covered by a group of people who make negative comment on purpose to make the crowd believe it. It seems they want to force CF for some statement or so not sure.

Just downvote it, report as inficting drama and write to wowservers admin!

The made up negativity is unreal.

Edited by Brikot

Posted (edited)

Glad to see this just in time. Guess I'll be considering Felmyst in the upcoming 2 days.

I guess I'll just throw away that excitement I've been carrying for almost a year now. Can always come back if CF happens to release sometime in the future. We shall see...

@Brikot

I can very well see this from a pissed off beta tester perspective as I feel the same way about another project I'm testing for. It's way worse for them though as they are set to release next month...

Edited by Clavus

7 minutes ago, Clavus said:

Glad to see this just in time. Guess I'll be considering Felmyst in the upcoming 2 days.

I guess I'll just throw away that excitement I've been carrying for almost a year now. Can always come back if CF happens to release sometimes in the future. We shall see...

Some random people posting about a project, whats with the sudden dissapointment?

I really hope what that person wrote on Reddit isn't true.
I hope Crestfall is on track, on the right track !
Really want to play end of this year or beginning of 2018.

/Fingers crossed

9 minutes ago, Clavus said:

@Brikot

I can very well see this from a pissed off beta tester perspective as I feel the same way about another project I'm testing for. It's way worse for them though as they are set to release next month...

I have applied as a tester and my chance wasnt there yet and im not pissed off... wowservers just created a shitstorm and you dont bring this here.

I hope Crestfall doesnt respond to this pile of trash from some random people that wants to spread cancer.

7 minutes ago, Brikot said:

wow these guys, im not reading all of it, the beginning was rubbish enough.

Just downvote it, report as inficting drama and write to wowservers admin!

The made up negativity is unreal.

That's the exact reason why Blizzard removed downvoting on their forums. If you don't read the whole thing then you don't have the right to call people to downvote it "because the start felt like shitposting". It's written in a neutral tone if you read the whole thing. It's not just giving CF team a hard time, it's also listing the positive stuff about it towards the end.

Giving negative feedback with alleged proof =/= shitpost,bashing,shilling,whatever negative words you can find.

Seems like a pretty clearheaded and neutral post tbh. Some of it sounds pretty plausible unfortunately, other parts somewhat bitter and hopefully exaggerated. Either that or its a really well written hoax. Outstanding's decision to quit as CM almost immediately and him stopping posting here always struck me as somewhat worrying but I figured maybe he's just busy RL. As for the other stuff, other testers/staff can confirm or refute it I guess. I hope that instead of going on a witch hunt on who posted this, Asura will instead prove that he cares about the community and gives us an honest reply to this point by point. If a 2017 release is looking increasingly unlikely you should just say so. If not, that's great and you'll have a happy player base come December. If you keep saying "2017" and end up missing the deadline however, then you hurt your project far more than by being brutally honest at this point.

Hopefully this is just a "nothing burger". :P

Exactly, it's a neutral tone. To the guy who say "I hope Crestfall doesnt respond to this pile of trash from some random people that wants to spread cancer.", nonono you didn't understand. CF team need to respond and avoid any doubt. If they don't, they would be more and more suspect about the reality of the project. 

Posted (edited)

Ok, so...not a big surprise. I mean they talked about open beta for september last year.I believe in most things in that post...and know what? Its ok. Its slow? So what....not like they keep u here like hostage.I will continue coming here for news, nothing to lose tbh.

And yeah, where is Outstanding?

Edited by Sallerius

I had my doubts about CF based on my past experiences, but I remained silent and disregarded them in favour of hype. These are bad news and my doubts are back.

I saw this on 4chan. Dunno if true, just copy-pasting as is.

Gonna quote ghostcuck from pupperpal discord:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YHcX3aEWPvBMfX_dXgVnY22sPKwyvuWBORxiDEIQIek/edit#gid=467269900 hasn't been used for over 2 months
>ever since I became the beta test lead, we've been using an entirely different document
>C&D notices are real
>"Asura only codes what interests him, rather than what is critically important" - that dumb shit fails to realize that it's a wee bit more important to code underlying mechanics that affect multiple spells if broken, as opposed to individual class spells
>" Asura and Darkrasp have both repeatedly said they'd be happy running a server that is invite only for them and their friends/testers. " - Asura never said that, Darkrasp did and he doesn't have any say in aything, he is one of the devs and nothing else

Basically that leak is BS for the bigger part. Probably written by some shitty tester who got kicked out for being useless.

12 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

I had my doubts about CF based on my past experiences, but I remained silent and disregarded them in favour of hype. These are bad news and my doubts are back.

What past experiences? Haven't really looked into their earlier project(s)

2 minutes ago, Keenum said:

What past experiences? Haven't really looked into their earlier project(s)

I don't know if my post will get deleted for flaming, but here we go.

I'll copy my response from wowservers:

"If I recall correctly, Crogge was some sort of an admin on WoWReach - a server I loved but it was abandoned and shut down due to low pop. He then tried to ressurect it as a new project, but it never saw release - was it abandoned again due to low interest from potential players? Who knows.

I was sceptical when I saw Crogge as CF staff because I was worried CF will share WR's fate. I'm worried I was right then.

I didn't want to say anything to make people doubt CF as I was really hyped for it."

TL;DR Crogge can't lead a project and when something goes a bit wrong he just abandons it and jumps onto a new bandwagon.

While I know he is not the main guy here, after reading that post I think it may all just go to shit with the staff feeling demotivated.

Right, if you'll all give me some time I'll post a response on this. It was only a question of time before this happened.

I'm not saying this or that but I sure as shit don't like what I'm seeing. Gonna wait for more info.

Probably all just Ego problems pfff. Kindergarden

I'm a pessimist and believe pretty much everything about that post. And I'm not really discouraged by it either. It sounds like they're just focusing on harder/more important things. And burnout happens.

With how easily wow private servers stall or are abandoned nobody should be "waiting" for this anyway. Who cares if their timeline is pushed back? There are quality servers to beep occupied in the meantime.

5 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Right, if you'll all give me some time I'll post a response on this. It was only a question of time before this happened.

Well I would love to hear from you. :) Hope you're well, all this business aside. If something is going on I'd prefer to know sooner.

1 hour ago, ilovecats said:

I don't know if my post will get deleted for flaming, but here we go.

I'll copy my response from wowservers:

"If I recall correctly, Crogge was some sort of an admin on WoWReach - a server I loved but it was abandoned and shut down due to low pop. He then tried to ressurect it as a new project, but it never saw release - was it abandoned again due to low interest from potential players? Who knows.

I was sceptical when I saw Crogge as CF staff because I was worried CF will share WR's fate. I'm worried I was right then.

I didn't want to say anything to make people doubt CF as I was really hyped for it."

TL;DR Crogge can't lead a project and when something goes a bit wrong he just abandons it and jumps onto a new bandwagon.

While I know he is not the main guy here, after reading that post I think it may all just go to shit with the staff feeling demotivated.

Him focusing so much on an entirely different project really is kinda disheartening.

59 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Yay (or not, depending on the news), he's back! Reading your old posts after leaving the CM position sure seem ominous now. :P

I've read the entire thing...the guy does sound like he's neutral. I haven't been active for months on this forum since I'm more interested in Felmyst/gummy's right now, but this is sad news indeed.

Gonna be honest. I don't really care anymore. I've been following Crestfall for over a year now. If it comes out in 3 months I'll play it. If it comes out in 2 years I'll play it. But I have no control over when it releases so I'm not going to get my panties in a twist. I am going to wait until Friday, start playing some TBC, and hope that someday in the future I can see appreciate the work put in here.   

Omg the private server project is behind the schedule I see this for the first time in my life! Just kidding. 2018 Q2 is still fine, there are other games in this world. I assume that this guy is dissappointed because Asura is working on the core atm and not some specific class skills etc. Or maybe Asura is doing nothing and chilling on Bahamas. It's his right to do so, he doesn't owe me antything.

7 minutes ago, Macu said:

Omg the private server project is behind the schedule I see this for the first time in my life! Just kidding. 2018 Q2 is still fine, there are other games in this world. I assume that this guy is dissappointed because Asura is working on the core atm and not some specific class skills etc. Or maybe Asura is doing nothing and chilling on Bahamas. It's his right to do so, he doesn't owe me antything.

Good job Macu, well said my minion.... First time i see something great from you!