Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexensual

Is anyone else trying out Felmyst right now?

87 posts in this topic

Blizzard went from being my favorite to most hated company that I will never support in any form.

41 minutes ago, Terpsichore said:

Blizzard went from being my favorite to most hated company that I will never support in any form.

Would like to say same thing, but it wouldn't be true.

If they made a next genre game like wow vanilla was in the past (perhaps in VRxD) or even made their own legacy servers I d still pay for it. For the love of the game ofc. Sadly they don't want my money as currently they got really nothing worth paying for, at least in my eyes. So now back to hoping and waiting for some other decent p.release like Crestfall possibly 9_9 

I don't know who in their right mind decides to host a hyped server in the US.

That's a loss, but the people responsible can surely learn from their mistake.

So, this gummy guy was simply thinking blizz would leave him alone? And he's got no plan b? Well, that's naive at best. His next mistake would be to openly announce whom he's giving the code to, I guess, like Nost did and got themselves into trouble again.

Edited by Quantus
typo

1 hour ago, Blackrobe said:

Would like to say same thing, but it wouldn't be true.

If they made a next genre game like wow vanilla was in the past (perhaps in VRxD) or even made their own legacy servers I d still pay for it. For the love of the game ofc. Sadly they don't want my money as currently they got really nothing worth paying for, at least in my eyes. So now back to hoping and waiting for some other decent p.release like Crestfall possibly 9_9 

Not going to happen, they're past the point of no return and will continue to churn out games for the lowest common denominator. All the brainpower they had from Blizzard North times has long since left the team.

I'm not even upset about this fact though, I'm upset over how they treat former Blizzard fans and MMO genre like total shit. They focus on preventing people from having fun at any expense, even though they lose absolutely nothing from vanilla private servers existing since they continue to refuse opening official vanilla servers. What they did to Nostalrius with the biggest display of childish malice and spite I've seen when it comes to gaming industry.

if this happens to crestfall i will say goodbye to WoW until i hear private servers are legal, but would be lucky to hear such thing when one doesnt have anything to do with it ^^

Edited by Brikot

I kinda called it.
It was obvious that it was going to get closed, it was hosted in Murica after all

Edit: lol Alex was banned from twitch, i'm actually glad because he bashed any project he didnt play on and glorified Elysium where he played at, was toxic af.
He had it coming tho, people who stream private servers on twitch are dumb, there's hitbox.tv for that, twitch doesnt allow that at all.

Edit 2: Also did you know that Gummy faked the population of his ScriptCraft server? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HodbsEN1GRw
I don't know how u guys could even trust a person like him.

I'll just leave this here.. https://pastebin.com/bcPPrXRL

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Quite the rollercoaster. Shutdown aside small details were very satisfactory which today is a shame considering that there's quite the possibility that a lot of the effort put in may be lost.

Seems some people are forgetting the fact that Gummy lives in the USA, and Blizzard targeted him directly, he could've hosted in russia, but it wouldn't have changed a damn thing.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Can anyone feel me in with what Reeeeee means?

6 minutes ago, Sque said:

Can anyone feel me in with what Reeeeee means?

It's basically autistic screeching.

Turn your audio down.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

On a side note from my joke, im really sad that the project never came to be... I was hyped as hell. I feel bad for gummy because as much as he is naive, he truly has a passion for the game he fell inove with years ago... It really shows in his scripting and his message. 

Im seriously annoyed at Blizzard (and yes I know, protecting IP, were all thiefs) but god damn is Blizzard too proud and naive as well to think that people dont want legacy... Gummy had kotaku AND gamespot talking about his server. On top of Warmane and gummy population coming in close to what, 30 thousand? With elysium launching with 30 thousand players as well. This is just private server community, could you imagine how many people would flock to official servers? 

All in all im not blaming Blizzard, this has more to do with shitty Activision.

Edited by MadeByRockets

9 hours ago, Elicas said:

This shut down is definitely not something to gloat over.

Regardless of any personal feelings for/against Gummy or his project that any one may have, we should all acknowledge the loss of work that has happened.

This will be hundreds, if not thousands of man hours lost that could have gone back into the Mangos public repository.

Which makes it even more baffling that he chose to go about it as he did. It just makes NO sense whatsoever. I love TBC, I might have even tried his server, I'm not happy it's gone. I just find his actions... stupid.

7 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I kinda called it.

I definitely called it.

Oh look, it makes a neat box when you link a comment. Cool.

As for the faking of population, experience taught me that many servers do that to certain extent.

Except for CF. Can't fake population when you're not on :P.
(For the record, even when we actually are on (about the year 2029-ish), we're not gonna fake anything.)

2 hours ago, Svensson said:

Looks like I didn't miss anything

Yep, many say the pokemon called Gummy rarelly appears but when he appears he slips very mysteriously

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

On 7/21/2017 at 3:22 PM, Alexensual said:

I am trying to login as we speak, but the server has issues, as expected, for it's launch. Anyone else trying it out, thoughts so far?

seems to be good so far.

im still waiting for the server to come back up.....   must be something wrong with the server provider...  

BrcIu5h.png

1. Sad server diden't work out. I know alot of people were looking forward to it. I hade no plan to play it. 

2. But this whas not unexpected. Gummy and alot of fanboys were extreamly naiv. What blizzard can do is 2 things:

A. Attack the serverhoost.

B. Attack the person direct. If you live in the US you can't escape don't mather were you hoost the server. US-laws will inforce Blizzards will. 

Thats why you can't live in US and need to find a good hoost for server. 

5 hours ago, imbaslap said:

seems to be good so far.

im still waiting for the server to come back up.....   must be something wrong with the server provider...  

BrcIu5h.png

me trollz 2 guyd fu u ?

On 22. 7. 2017 at 11:12 AM, Terpsichore said:

All the brainpower they had from Blizzard North times has long since left the team.

The what you might call "golden era" of Blizzard. Sure, the fact that Wacraft was one of the earliest RTS (or Dune II clones if you prefer :P) definitely helped, but it's the second half of the 90s when they made games beyond WC that earned them their legendary status. Diablo in 1997, StarCraft in 1998, D2 in 2000 (WTF, I'd swear this game is like two years older).

Then they switched to 3D and their last good game is Warcraft III.
Imagine it. The reasons why most people over 17 love Blizzard are long, long gone and past - hell, WC3 is 15 years old now. Stings a bit, doesn't it.

Not like this...

1 minute ago, HarTstaRx said:

What happened to Felmyst? I am out of the loop

hm......USA happened.

2 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

What happened to Felmyst? I am out of the loop

I'll give you some bullet points.

- Gummy thinks Blizzard will leave him alone
- Kotaku covers it
- Gummy still thinks Blizzard will leave him alone
- Felmyst launches
- Unfortunately, Gummy is in USA
- He gets B(atman)'s lawyers inserted so far up his rectum that he'll be shitting paperclips and stamps for months to come
- Felmyst shuts down after record 4.5 hours

Now take this part with a grain of salt. I did not verify these things and they're missing date anyway. Maybe it'll turn out differently. Who knows. I'm posting this from work during a lunch break.

- A few days pass
- Turns out the server's been secretly running
- Grizzly was present on the server and trying to pretend it's ok
- People get pissed at both Gummy and Grizzly and select few others, for running it behind their backs and for enjoying quality gummy content
- Gummy closes it, to both avoid any further B(atman) attention and to get rid of wowservers yelling at him
- Grizzly get pissed at people for leaking it (it just so happens a lot of his friends are in Grizzly) and ruining their fun
- Drama

Edited by Xaverius