Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexensual

Is anyone else trying out Felmyst right now?

87 posts in this topic

Amazing; truly amazing. Even if you really believe that hosting in the US is not a threat, why doing so? I mean, why the need to find out? I don't have words xD

On 7/22/2017 at 3:08 AM, Terpsichore said:

Blizzard went from being my favorite to most hated company that I will never support in any form.

how long ago did that happen?

dont tell me it was a few days ago

Honestly i was surprised that the server closed so quickly.
Not surprised that Blizzard took action against it, but surprised that Gummy gave in instantly.
Don t get me wrong, i fully understand that he does not want to get into legal action with a big company and he does not owe me anything,
it s just that the felmyst staff acted pretty tough on their forums, like they were not afraid of Blizzard at all.

Another detail that I find remarkable is the way the letter was delivered to him.
If the person(s) who conducted that was merely a professional defending Blizzard's legal and financial interests,
they could have sent such a letter
1. by mail
2. during the beta
I am no legal expert, but if running the felmyst server violated copyright laws, it already did so during the beta.
That is why it appears to me that someone at Blizzard is taking this stuff personally instead of handling it in a professional way.

30 minutes ago, Micki said:

Honestly i was surprised that the server closed so quickly.
Not surprised that Blizzard took action against it, but surprised that Gummy gave in instantly.
Don t get me wrong, i fully understand that he does not want to get into legal action with a big company and he does not owe me anything,
it s just that the felmyst staff acted pretty tough on their forums, like they were not afraid of Blizzard at all.

Another detail that I find remarkable is the way the letter was delivered to him.
If the person(s) who conducted that was merely a professional defending Blizzard's legal and financial interests,
they could have sent such a letter
1. by mail
2. during the beta
I am no legal expert, but if running the felmyst server violated copyright laws, it already did so during the beta.
That is why it appears to me that someone at Blizzard is taking this stuff personally instead of handling it in a professional way.

ever since nostalrius made a huge tantrum about their C&D letter, blizzard is now more proactive in shutting down servers.

it's to be expected that the time from scriptcraft 2 and the time of post Nost shutdown would be different. maybe 2008 you could host in the US, but not in 2017.

also in regards that blizzard wont be going after the hosting provider anymore.. moreso the person hosting it entirely.

it's a different battle now and the pserver community must adapt to it and become more elusive or risk being the victim of shutdowns. 

also, people need to quit boasting about private servers to these gaming websites. it's like using 911 to attract the cops when a drug deal is going down.. like seriously smh.

Edited by imbaslap

To add to imbas argument Blizzard is much more agressive on their pserver stance now that they are affiliated with Activision since they now have to deal with many more shareholders barking at them for lost revenus.

Edited by MadeByRockets

Because all those vanilla/TBC players just itch to play some legion but the evil private servers keep distracting them!

Edited by Terpsichore

5 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

Because all  those vanilla/TBC players just itch to play some legion but those evil private servers keep distracting them!

Also don't forget to buy your celestial mount and get a free hearthcancer card back!

12 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Also don't forget to buy your celestial mount and get a free hearthcancer card back!

OMG I LOVE THE CELESTIAL STEED.

I wanted to buy it for me birthday but got a new phone instead...

So, what now? Felmyst got Blizz'd, Crestfall seems most likely to be delayed at least until 2018. Ares tbc (Kronos's bc)? Anounced october 2017 release. Are here some of those who plan on waiting for Crestfall killing time at Ares?

Edited by qqqqqqqqq
Correction

20 minutes ago, qqqqqqqqq said:

So, what now?

U can try warmane.TBC, WoTLK, CATA and MoP.It seems they have nice bunch of ppl, if numbers dont lie ofc.

I was thinking rather of a fresh start server than of currently existing realm to join. Since Elysium happened to be a failure i quited it long ago. Even though I heard it got better I don't wish to return there so much time later. So I'm looking for upcoming vanilla/tbc such as crestfall/felmyst. But now it's only Ares I know of to be released anytime soon.

You can also play any of the thousands of other games :P.

5 hours ago, qqqqqqqqq said:

Since Elysium happened to be a failure

Seems to me it's the only decent option there is right now. :P

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

You can also play any of the thousands of other games :P.

Problem is 99.9% of them suck. I wish I didn't have such refined taste when it comes to games so I could enjoy all the mediocre ones.

3 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

There's also Minecraft and Barbie games if u guys are interested

I assume you're making fun of Minecraft because you also mention Barbie games but it's quite nice really, at least on multiplayer. It's almost like a simple RPG these days. Perfect for playing with small children but also fun for an adult.

29 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Problem is 99.9% of them suck. I wish I didn't have such refined taste when it comes to games so I could enjoy all the mediocre ones.

Protip: Don't play the modern AAA ones :P. Anything that has a series is suspicious. Probably gets dumbed down later. Don't play anything from Ubisoft unless it's Rayman and in that case, avoid anything if it has "rabbids" in the title.

There's a lot of variously old one-offs  that are surprisingly good for what they are. Usually from the times when every single game wasn't trying to have ALL of the features. It's almost like if sandbox-crafting-tower-collecting openworld games aren't the universal apex of fun :P.

Edited by Xaverius

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

I assume you're making fun of Minecraft because you also mention Barbie games but it's quite nice really, at least on multiplayer. It's almost like a simple RPG these days. Perfect for playing with small children but also fun for an adult.

Well i played the Alpha and beta of Minecraft, it gets old pretty quickly.
Its just not a game for my taste not saying its awful, i just like to piss off people who play it =D

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

Anything that has a series is suspicious. Probably gets dumbed down later.

Bethesda in a nutshell.

18 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

Bethesda in a nutshell.

Skyrim is still good cuz mods and pretty graphics. Fallout 4 was a garbage RPG though and the mods suck too.

18 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Skyrim is still good cuz mods and pretty graphics. Fallout 4 was a garbage RPG though and the mods suck too.

Mods are good and all but Beth should be judged for their own work. I'm still salty at them for ruining a pretty decent RPG series. Well, two actually.

"Oh, great adventurer who has been in the land for only an hour so far, how would you like to be named thane of a city as a reward for your grand deed of slaying a fucking dragon at like level 5? Or maybe you'd rather be named the saviour of a city after saving it from a demon invasion? At level 5?"

I don't think any amount of mods can hide those scars for me.

Fallout 4 is garbage all things considered. No argument there.

On 27. 7. 2017 at 9:11 AM, qqqqqqqqq said:

So, what now? Felmyst got Blizz'd, Crestfall seems most likely to be delayed at least until 2018. Ares tbc (Kronos's bc)? Anounced october 2017 release. Are here some of those who plan on waiting for Crestfall killing time at Ares?

mate... invest a time in any project under Twinstar wings is a waste of time. I played on their realms for almost a decade and if you accept that "cosmetic shop" or whatever the shit is you must deal with one main problem...
Those fellas just love to open/shutdown/reopen/wipe/reoreopening servers... Kronos is 3rd try to have vanilla project, Ares was also twice (i believe) wiped and reopened again... Not to mention there is nothing really much change.. yea they claim how huge progress they make during the shutdown but when you finally log in again, after years, and see exactly the same bugs, badly scripted quests/events or damaged mechanics... wel it dsnt feelt good =)

Essentially, if it's new, and we have no aspirations of what it could become, it's great! But if you try and sequel that bitch, and if you have the nerve to try and incorporate "non-fans" with general playstyles that are loosely based off other games... then you become a garbage "cash grab" company who should fire themselves and accept that your roots were what got you where you are! 

Legend of Zelda for NES (gold cartridge of course) FT M'ing F'ing win!

On 28.7.2017 at 10:37 AM, VeloxBanks said:

Mods are good and all but Beth should be judged for their own work.

True, but they should also be praised for making games that are so easily moddable in the first place. Most companies don't bother.

On 28.7.2017 at 10:37 AM, VeloxBanks said:

"Oh, great adventurer who has been in the land for only an hour so far, how would you like to be named thane of a city as a reward for your grand deed of slaying a fucking dragon at like level 5? Or maybe you'd rather be named the saviour of a city after saving it from a demon invasion? At level 5?"

I don't think any amount of mods can hide those scars for me.

There's a mod called "Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul" that delevels the world and basically turns it into a proper RPG. You need to be like lvl 20+ to be able to kill dragons for instance, the first dragon at the watch tower is wounded and you have help anyway so you can do it at level 10 or 15 maybe. To get there you need to clear the first Draugr dungeon however and it's impossible for low level characters. It also makes the game really hard in general, character builds are more different and you can't be a master of everything. It's 1000 times better than the base game really. Only problem is its somewhat hard to install correctly but there are guides.

Edited by Lilaina

3 hours ago, Lilaina said:

True, but they should also be praised for making games that are so easily moddable in the first place. Most companies don't bother.

I can give them that much at least. One could still argue that they rely too much on modders to fix their games. That's a different topic however.