Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dellboy

Two questions/concerns from a potential Crestfaller

Hey all, I'm very interested in the Crestfall project, currently playing on Anathema however tired of its reducing population and the fact that progress to a TBC realm is as uncertain as ever. I was on the hype train for Felmyst but yea, lets not talk about that. I prefer the men who put C&D's in the trash.

So basically I have two quick questions, firstly when TBC comes out and there is the option to transfer to the TBC realm, will this remove your level 60 from the Vanilla realm, or will a copy be left behind to play? This could help keep Vanilla alive for those who wish to continue onward with Vanilla for a bit longer after the TBC launch. Also when TBC is out, is there any ETA on the Vanilla realm deadline? Or will it continue as long as it turns over enough in donations to keep itself running?

Secondly, as for the population cap, given that you've said the servers can handle 10k+ players per continent would it not be wise to run with less realms but of a larger population with a higher cap? From the many people I've talked to everyone seems to prefer a large population due to the ease of finding groups and the low BG queue times. Obviously the 5k cap is still a lot of people to have online at any one time but the most fun I've had has been on large servers, for example, Nostalrius. The reason I'm leaving Anathema is because they put up too many servers and it's now paying the price, population numbers will dwindle over time naturally as people burn out, the last thing you want is 2-3 dead realms opposed to 1 well populated one. I know you want it to be Blizzlike, but sometimes Blizzlike may not be the best option.

Anyway at the end of the day this is just my opinion, love the work I've seen you guys put in and can't wait for the release. Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I had a look on some of the forums and couldnt find the answers.

Thanks!

Before answering your questions, welcome to our dear community here at Crestfall.
I hope you enjoy your time here ;)
Now about the first question, its not 100% decided but from what i've read till today the plan might be to move your char from the vanilla ream if u choose to go TBC but don't quote me on that for future references due to me not being a dev or even a tester at all.
About the second question, the devs stated before they want a blizzlike experience that means to not ruin the economy and anything higher than 3k-5k will ruin the economy and the leveling experience, zones too cluttered to even find a mob to kill, too many people selling stuff at the Auction house, that means too much competition, prices will go down like a rock in a lake.
Also not sure about how many servers they want to have online but from what the devs and the project owner said so far, they want to have at least one more server in case alot of people want to play here.

As for me, the population cap would be around 3.5k, when i played Nostalrius PvE before the server went down the population was around that and it was perfect, u didnt have trouble finding groups and the world wasn't over populated either.
Simply loved it.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Thanks for the response, I do agree that a few thousand is a good number. My main worry is the launch hype fills it to capacity, say it was 3.5k, then a few months later people burn out and the population drops off to 2k, from my experiences on Anathema thats about a low as you want it to go while still being able to have fun and find groups etc. Oposed to starting with a cap of 7k, then after the initial burn outs it then drops to say 4k. To be fair thought I did read in the FAQ that if server popuilation did get low enough to impact gameplay they would be open to merging servers, so I gues it's not the end of the world if a few months after launch the population does drop a bit and they still have that option!

Edited by Dellboy

11 minutes ago, Dellboy said:

*stuff*

You're welcome buddy.
If the server isn't complete sh*t and it has some quality and devs actually keep fixing stuff after release then u don't have to worry about the population, it will only rise not the other way around.
Yes i forgot to mention the merge option, they did say that but i hope it doesn't get to that point but then again we don't even have a release date yet just devs hoping for a 2017 release that they are not even 100% sure yet.
There will always be those people that play on every server just for the first months and then go on a break of a few weeks or even a month or two.
As for me i take long breaks between each server where i play and i don't play every server that comes out, only those that are worth it, haven't played since Nostalrius PvE, last time i was there was April 2016 when the server was shut down so i kinda have alot of motivation(started playing late 2015, raided alot in Nost PvE, had a NE Druid with around 300-400 healing) to level up again and raid in WoW.
I'll play non-stop on Crestfall when it goes live for sure.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow