Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Crestfall Update: 7/22/2017

68 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, LorewalkerCho said:

For me it doesn't matter if it releases this year, 2018 or later. My life doesn't revolve around this server releasing, I am like a lot of people excited and hopeful but I think you should take it at your own pace and release it when it's done.

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather enjoy the final project in summer 2018, than a release 2017 that is either not fully complete, or has been too stressful on the CF crew.

a release during the winter holidays would be lovely :P

We belive in you. All the way. 

Thanks for all your hard work. We really appreciate it. 

Sounds like the same thing you've been saying all along, you just have to say it again. Some are not happy with the time it's taking, or the "business model" you've used. 

Meh. 

Some people have millions of dollars, multiple super model girlfriends and six houses on six different beaches, and they're miserable. Can't please everyone. 

Maybe off-topic, but does the recent gummy shit change anything?

At least something positive to read. I have made break from this forums for some time, crossing fingers, hoping for some news, now there in the end of the tunnel I see the light again. After trying warmane's mediv...frustration, then started playing vanilla again. Tried Felmyst with hope for good tbc server...sadness. Whenever you release, I hope this to be my wow home. Good luck to and your team @Darkrasp and last but not least - have fun from the things you are doing.

I've also been busy with work, studies and all manner of IRL things but I always check back on the forums from time to time.
I have learned a long time ago that you have to take everything with a truckload of salt. Only trust someone as far as you can throw them and that is usually not very far.
Happy to hear that things are progressing towards the goal and I think I'm not alone here in saying that I don't care for a 2017 release. Quality over quantity always.

As for the beta testers becoming inactive or leaving. Just get new ones, I'm sure the initial sign-up created a huge list of people willing to help, even if they are not as good as the first group, they might end up being more reliable :) 

Oh and, Asura = Batman confirmed

Maybe he's not the hero you deserve, but he's the one we need right now

Use some repellent on that reddit-shark xD

Bat shark repellant.gif

Edited by Xantros

It would be good to know if you know who the poster is and that the person are not anymore part of the team. Not that we should know the name, there is no point in that. But more that you don't have people with that mentality anymore in team.

"But the truest victory, my server, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when development days have come to an end ... you shall be king!"

Glad to see you guys keep being motivated and kind even though some people try to sabotage.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn".

1 hour ago, Boulda said:

Crest train runs on whole grain, baby. WOO WOO

Woo woo? Were you not taught in kindergarten what trains say?

a6c.png

Edited by Clavus

1 hour ago, Boulda said:

Crest train runs on whole grain, baby. WOO WOO

4 minutes ago, Clavus said:

Woo woo? Were you not taught in kindergarten what trains say?

a6c.png

Maybe it's a dialect, or a foreign train!

Thanks for the update, @Darkrasp. I just want to encourage you and @Asura that your work is appreciated. I know that as we grow as a community, there will be surges of compliments when things go exceptionally well and complaints pretty much all the rest of the time. If nothing else, I applaud the work you have put into building this community, even if the server never launches (I know it will). I know you don't need my permission, but just be reassured that "shit happens" is a completely valid response, especially since, like you said, this is a hobby project for you guys. I think you guys have done a pretty good job of communicating the information necessary to manage everyone's expectations, and I'm sorry that sometimes that gets ignored completely or somehow thrown back in your faces. Anyway, keep up the good work, and I look forward to the next update!

3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

the lack of communication seems to be driving too much doubt about our project.

As someone who has been lurking on the forums for the past year, your Bi-weekly blog posts and Elicas-Q&As are reassuring and keep me excited for the project.

I hope to see and hear more about the server soon. Maybe a video? :D

Have you guys contacted gummy in anyway? I think hed be an amazing asset to your team if you could recruit him. Though hes probably pretty depressed with the shutdown of felmyst. 

The guy is pretty much a scripting legend. 

1 minute ago, MadeByRockets said:

Have you guys contacted gummy in anyway? I think hed be an amazing asset to your team if you could recruit him. Though hes probably pretty depressed with the shutdown of felmyst. 

Blizzard already has his balls in a vice. Kinda makes me think he'd be a liability to the project, at least if openly working on it. And someone posted some shady stuff from his past. Quite a bit of it too...

3 minutes ago, MadeByRockets said:

I'm no lawyer but to me this seems like the exact opposite of what a lawyer would recommend. They would probably tell you to stay as far the hell away from this guy as possible haha.  It's like hiring a drug dealer to work at your pharmacy the day after he got caught selling.  Just not what ya need, know what I mean?

Edited by Veritch

22 minutes ago, Veritch said:

I'm no lawyer but to me this seems like the exact opposite of what a lawyer would recommend. They would probably tell you to stay as far the hell away from this guy as possible haha.  It's like hiring a drug dealer to work at your pharmacy the day after he got caught selling.  Just not what ya need, know what I mean?

You think Blizzard has a matrix bug in his PC that tells you what he's doing? Just hire him and don't tell the public and they'll be none the wiser.

26 minutes ago, alexv said:

You think Blizzard has a matrix bug in his PC that tells you what he's doing? Just hire him and don't tell the public and they'll be none the wiser.

I don't think I was saying that alex. I think I was saying only the obvious which is that maybe the guy you don't need right now is the guy who's on everyone's radar for disseminating illegal content to the masses. If you think the obvious thing to do at this juncture is to do the exact opposite, 👍.  I dont know what Asura & Co. will do or want to do, but I'll say they seem like inteligent people...

Thanks for the update!

I wouldn't stress to much about whats happening just do your best and release when you think everything is ready. Cant do more than that.

Any comment on Felmyst being shut down? They assured everyone they would be fine also, had backup plans, were legally insulated, etc... it turned out to be bullshit.

Considering you are the only other real, quality project out there right now it seems like you guys should comment somehow. Besides not openly hosting in the U.S., are you still confident you can elude Blizzard's reach?

I wasn't really worried but thanks for the update on the situation @Darkrasp

As always its nice to have something from you to read at the end of the day ;)

Hey, your own pace is good enough for me.  I've been quietly expecting 2018 simply because that's just how these sorts of things tend to go.

Enjoy these days, where trivialities of this sort are the worst sort of drama we can expect.  You guys made a good call going into "silent development", which I consider a code phrase for "attempting to withdraw from a disgusting community".

The reason I mention that, is because I believe this fandom's community is the second worst threat to its own interest, and by extension this project's existence.  I hope you boys will be mentally prepped for the transition, when the time comes.  It'll be as bad as ever not long after you release something the proles can enjoy.

The foremost threat is obviously Blizzard.  How do you intend to deal with that dragon when you rouse its ire?  We've seen from experience that they get particularly jealous when people do a good job recreating work they want buried.  What's your exit strategy for the inevitable worst case scenario? 

Perhaps, and this is directed at Asura specifically, you ought to consider releasing the entirety of your work after you've had a bit of time to enjoy being the king, but before Blizzard comes over and kicks over your sandcastle.  There'll probably be a window for that, but we all know what happened to the Nost crew when they shared much of their work after being put in the crosshairs.

Edited by cybaster

Nothing has changed for me. I plan to be there on launch day, whether that is in 2017... or beyond.

That was a nice and reassuring response. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Gonna be waiting for the release.