Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Crestfall Update: 7/22/2017

72 posts in this topic

im itching seriously, im a business management major who became a stay at home dad/business owner. dedicated gamer, and coder. Im ready to work, ya'll dont know me i get that - but let me at em, im all about the action boss. i read your updates and Q&A's i oft remain quiet and just read, but i gotta say. I can help, on alot of levels, and have nothing but time on my hands to test whatever whenever with whatever addon and in whatever circumstance. i know the drill, best wishes Crestfall crew, I'll leave ya with a quote.  something to inspire and show appreciation for your hard work.                                                                        

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a Raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

Raider inspired, because everyone hates on them, and they do nothing but fight back. be that. 

• Cool beans. just take your time and have fun. Im gonna lurk meanwhile..

I know I'm not particularly active here on the forums but I wanna take a second to thank you @Asura, @Darkrasp, @Elicas and everyone else on the Crestfall staff team. Even though it's just a hobby for you guys, <emotions>it's more than that to me. You guys are doing something real special and I wanted to thank you all for bringing that into my life. Even though the server isn't available yet, I don't see myself turning away from Crestfall any time in the near future. This place already holds sentimental for me as I'm sure it does for many others.

</emotions>

And @Elicas, I know this is literally the first thing I've ever said to you lol, but thank you for being an awesome community manager and I wish you all the best.

Thank you as always @Darkrasp and all other guys who put effort into this!

Posted (edited)

Can we see this changelog somehow showed on one of the pictures, with spell fixes. If not it would be great to implement public changelog, so we can easily track progress.

Edited by Setris

2 hours ago, Setris said:

Can we see this changelog somehow showed on one of the pictures, with spell fixes. If not it would be great to implement public changelog, so we can easily track progress.

and nab fixes.   

feelstinfoilyface.png

Kinda dick move from outstanding to leave the project because of some apparent management issues, like he's some sort of a pristine guy himself that never makes mistakes. 

Not to remind you that problems like this happen sometimes even in real businesses and also to mind you that this is a hobby project started by few guys for fun. Considering all that, they have gave us already way more than most of us would ever do to some random people on the other side of the globe that we don't even know. 

2 hours ago, Smirre said:

Kinda dick move from outstanding to leave the project because of some apparent management issues, like he's some sort of a pristine guy himself that never makes mistakes. 

Not to remind you that problems like this happen sometimes even in real businesses and also to mind you that this is a hobby project started by few guys for fun. Considering all that, they have gave us already way more than most of us would ever do to some random people on the other side of the globe that we don't even know. 

Yeah, well you're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. Now if you don't mind, I'm busy playing No Mans's Sky. Bye.

3 hours ago, Smirre said:

Kinda dick move to call out a volunteer as a dick for not wanting to volunteer more of their time in a project they don't like the direction of.

1 hour ago, Kelila said:

Kinda dick move to call out a volunteer as a dick for not wanting to volunteer more of their time in a project they don't like the direction of.

Except that the direction of the project hasn't even changed, and volunteer or not, promising to help first someone out first and then suddenly backing down is kinda dickish thing to do even if you're not getting paid for it. 

Not liking the way this is going.  Don't make this stuff personal.  Only warning.

2 hours ago, Smirre said:

Except that the direction of the project hasn't even changed, and volunteer or not, promising to help first someone out first and then suddenly backing down is kinda dickish thing to do even if you're not getting paid for it. 

I will say, yes it seemed like he suddenly backed down from the perspective of the community and I could be wrong here, but I feel like he probably had conversations with the staff about leaving before he left. I could very much be wrong. But darkrasp is right, not trying to get personal.

Posted (edited)

cant fault people for volunteering and changing course.

things come up and it's not for everyone. he gave his time to the project and then parted ways. nothing more than that really.

not sure why you're making it personal against outstanding. he did some good things for the project during his time. if anything, you should be thankful for anybody who does good things for the project; regardless of how long they are a part of it.  anybody is free to make changes to how they volunteer there time and when.    I'm sure outstanding will be back for Open Beta when it comes closer to release time. 

after all, who's gonna test fishing again before release and rag Asura about it if its not 100%? ;) 

Edited by imbaslap

Just saying that for example, if you promised to help your friend to move into a new house and then suddenly backed off without a good reason, would most of the people see that as a dick move, regardless of you doing it voluntarily or not. You don't get paid for helping your friend out either no? 

@SmirreCan't you just drop it? What even prompted you to start bitching about Outstanding in the first place? It has been months since he left the Community Manager position, there doesn't seem to be bad blood between him and the rest of the team, so what even is your point?

Also, it's not like he did anything essential to the development of the server - he helped managing the community and was in charge of testing fishing - that's it. And your analogy is pretty bad - it's more like he helped you move in for hours, and after that something came up which caused him to leave - would you really be pissed at your friend for that? Would you call him a dick because he just helped out for 5 hours instead of 8? Would you keep bringing it up and bitching about him for the next months? Or would you be grateful for everything he did to help you?

To reiterate: Just drop it, nobody but you seems to care about it. It's been months since the discussion was even slightly relevant. And not even then would it have been appropriate to go around insulting people who have sacrificed not a small amount of their time to help create a server we all are waiting for. Insulting people because they didn't help for as long as you might have wanted is just silly, also, what kind of message does it send to the team? I'd think it sends the message that you feel like you are entitled to their time and work, because of...well, because of no reason, you just think that you deserve it and that they owe you.

30 minutes ago, Rawne said:

@SmirreCan't you just drop it? What even prompted you to start bitching about Outstanding in the first place? It has been months since he left the Community Manager position, there doesn't seem to be bad blood between him and the rest of the team, so what even is your point?

Also, it's not like he did anything essential to the development of the server - he helped managing the community and was in charge of testing fishing - that's it. And your analogy is pretty bad - it's more like he helped you move in for hours, and after that something came up which caused him to leave - would you really be pissed at your friend for that? Would you call him a dick because he just helped out for 5 hours instead of 8? Would you keep bringing it up and bitching about him for the next months? Or would you be grateful for everything he did to help you?

To reiterate: Just drop it, nobody but you seems to care about it. It's been months since the discussion was even slightly relevant. And not even then would it have been appropriate to go around insulting people who have sacrificed not a small amount of their time to help create a server we all are waiting for. Insulting people because they didn't help for as long as you might have wanted is just silly, also, what kind of message does it send to the team? I'd think it sends the message that you feel like you are entitled to their time and work, because of...well, because of no reason, you just think that you deserve it and that they owe you.

If he promised me to help me a certain amount time and then backed off, i would. 

And not bad blood and yet he's saying how he's going to abandon the project and posting "goodbye" at the end of a message in another topic. Not to forget he literally defended the twat that posted shit about the server in reddit. He also claimed to know that who the poster was. 

He's a betrayer in my eyes, and this server doesn't owe me shit, that's why i don't start whining and run away like outstanding did if everything is not going exactly like i want.

3 hours ago, Rawne said:

Also, it's not like he did anything essential to the development of the server

Lies. Lies and slander! Without him the fishing skripts would still be in a sorry, stock mangos, un-blizzlike, post-nerf, x7 rates -state, which would take at least an extra year of development and beta testing to fix. :P

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Lies. Lies and slander! Without him the fishing skripts would still be in a sorry, stock mangos, un-blizzlike, post-nerf, x7 rates -state, which would take at least an extra year of development and beta testing to fix. :P

Don't forget the forum statistics.

I asked you to stop.  You didn't, so now I'm making you.  Topic is closed. 

If this pops up again somewhere else I'm just going to start handing out "vacations".

Keep your drama to yourselves or go flush it down the toilet of /r/wowservers where shit like that belongs.