Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

Q&A 4

32 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Goodkat said:

One thing i was wondering about for some time now:

Will all the RP-Stuff be well scripted?

Things like NPCs talking, running around and interacting allways were an important part to me. Correct responses from random NPCs in the world, questgivers, mobs when aggroing - all that kind of stuff ('Greetings >Name<' , 'More Bones to gnaw on' from Defias Thugs)

I think you get the point :) Looking forward to next QnA

Darkrasp went through most of the NPC gossip about a year ago? So instead of NPCS using the generic "Greetings {insert name}" that plagues most mangos servers, they will actually say what Blizzard wrote for them. 

Posted (edited)

Great to hear how responsive you guys are to the community, I, along with many others, really appreciate that.

One thing that I believe should definitely be featured is the disabling of custom channels, or at least having limitations on them. 

Go to any current private server and you will easily see the amount of toxicity and negative environment far outweighs the positivity and usefulness of these channels.

Thoughts on this?

Edited by Foster

I got a new one! Or maybe it's an old one I've totally missed: since there is possibility to use an alt account in major cities, will that account be tied to the main account? And in fact, will there be separate game accounts under the "forum account"? I remember at least one private server having this functionality, meaning under the main (forums and such) account you were allowed to create a number of game accounts, the sole purpose of which was to let you login to the game. 

That helped keep the forums tidier, and in the end I suppose also helped with potential bans and whatnot, since the desired action could be levied on the entirety of a player's accounts instead of having to go full sherlock to find all the potential accounts.

Posted (edited)

On 2017-7-23 at 0:24 PM, Chickengrease said:

Q.  Where will you host the server?  Are you worried about Takedown requests?

A.  Western Europe, but we will have international proxies you can connect to in order to keep latency down.  We don't want to talk about it too much, but suffice to say you should be very happy with your ping to our realms.  We aren't concerned about C&D orders.  Blizzard has no legal authority to enforce their copyright outside the United States unless that country has a specific legal agreement allowing US corporations to do so.  We just host in a country which doesn't have those agreements.  We aren't even live yet and have already gotten C&D orders, so they just go into the wastebasket with the rest of the trash.

This would not only bring much more population but would give a fresh air those people who live in South America or North America. I am very excited to know where these hosts will be and how much ping I will have. @Elicas can you get me an answer to that question? I would be very grateful.

Edited by Smoothest

Hello,

I have tested a lot of private servers during my "lifetime" and i always have been paying attention to that people that i see out in the world "stutter", or kinda flickers when they move, they are not moving smooth to be on point, like it is on retail. Do you plan to fix this ?

Best Regards.

Locking this thread now so I can start putting together the answer post.