Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Leaving Crestfall

34 posts in this topic

Enjoy your holiday Elicas, hope to see you around when CF launches.

We will miss you and appreciate all the effort you made for the cause :) 

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

What class? :P

Crowd manipulation? Clown management? Cat marketing? Who knows? :o

40 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I'll keep it brief since I only landed this morning and Jet Lag is kicking my ass like a twelve rounder with a 20 year old Mike Tyson...

I expect to remain active, time permitting. However, lack of time was one of the major factors for me stepping down. I'm going to be 30 next year, I'm married with 2 kids and they're starting to take up my evenings with sports etc. and I've also picked up some new hobbies in the last year/18 months.

I haven't really put any time into a Pserver as a player since Nost PvE went down. Back then I had a once weekly boardgame meeting with some friends on a Monday night and 6 nights a week to play WoW with the wife. Since then, my eldest son has picked up Swimming on a Friday night, this September starts Football on a Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon and I now have twice weekly Wargame meets as I'm now involved in the X-Wing, Imperial Assault and The Hobbit wargame Tournament scenes in the UK. I've gone from being busy on a Monday and free the rest of the week to having Tuesday/Thursday/Weekend Evenings free, and the wife still expects a certain amount of time from me on top of my 40+ hour a week work schedule. I'm also expecting to be heavily involved with running/playing tournament level Game of Thrones miniatures game and Star Wars: Legion when they release next year. At the very least, I'll be attending Uk South East regionals for all those wargames.

Since I originally signed up to follow the project, my available time has significantly decreased. It's simply taken too long to come out and I filled my free time with other things. That is a shame, but it's one of those things with getting older. While several guys on the team are married and older, most are students/college/uni guys in their early twenties, and far as I know the guys who are married don't have kids. They don't have as many varied time pressures as me, though several of them do seem to work much longer hours than I do.

In the last 18 months I've put a lot of time into testing servers, it's time for me to take a step back, get on with other stuff and see what time I have when the server does actually release. When I left the team the guys still had a solid fighting chance of releasing this year (time permitting for Asura, all the usual caveats apply) and and if it does slip probably no later than late Q1/early Q2 next year. As long as they still release a PvE server I'll still play there, but for certain of much fewer characters than I had initially planned. I may very well stick to one of the pure classes I play at a very high level such as Rogue or Mage and ignore the Hybrid dream on this project due to lack of time.

I fully expect to have at least some presence on the PvE section of the forum and the PvE server for the foreseeable future.

I've been a lurker for over a year and the amount of stuff you have done for this project is amazing, but it's also good to see it hasn't stopped you enjoying or taking over your life. Do not feel guilty and it'll be a shame if you disappeared! Just a shame you'll be on the PvE server. :P

3 hours ago, Elicas said:

I'll keep it brief

> Proceeds to write a wall of text with 500+ words.

Welcome back. :P

3 hours ago, Elicas said:

I'm going to be 30 next year, I'm married with 2 kids and they're starting to take up my evenings with sports etc. and I've also picked up some new hobbies in the last year/18 months.

Yea, happens. When our lead dev on Mystiq was 51, he decided he wants to spend more time with family too. Well, in his case that meant playing wow with his daughter.