Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoothest

How much time is left for the open beta?

37 posts in this topic

I have several questions but I will start with something simple. Crestfall had other servers? What happened to them? Do they have website? I only find the forum by google. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Smoothest said:

Crestfall had other servers?

no

What happened to them?

ibid

Do they have website?

ibid

I thought I read that they had a Vanilla server. Thanks for the prompt response. Is there an approximation of when will open beta for TBC?

Iirc, admins do not have exact timeframe of TBC beta/launch right now.

If u used the /search function u would find out from recent update threads from the devs that they do not have a release  date for open beta or release.
Closed beat is going well, that's all there is to say.
U lazy person !

5 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

If u used the /search function u would find out from recent update threads from the devs that they do not have a release  date for open beta or release.
Closed beat is going well, that's all there is to say.
U lazy person !

I really am. I apologize! I'm just a little hype about the general idea of this server. It seems to come in large. Off: Why is there no home page and only the forum exists?

6 hours ago, seefly said:

Iirc, admins do not have exact timeframe of TBC beta/launch right now.

Ty.

1 hour ago, Smoothest said:

Why is there no home page and only the forum exists?

Because the website is a work in progress

3 hours ago, Svensson said:

Because the website is a work in progress

Thank you very much. I think I'm pretty anxious. Has there been a lot of information about open beta?

53 minutes ago, Vdmin said:

if helps, here is the link for the home page: http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/

....Xd

Lmao this guy.

As from day to night Crest-Fall is becoming more desired by the community of private server players. I'm hype.

Posted (edited)

I just wish @Outstanding was still doing his monthly updates about the forums player accounts, etc...
I loved reading every single of those updates.

R.I.P those good times :|

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

I'm actually afraid that the exact same thing will happen than what happened with felmyst: 5000 registered accounts before the open beta, 10 000-15 000 more during it, 10 000 more the week before launch :s.

Thank the god we'll have a 6000 cap on each server.

2 hours ago, Chen-yigoong said:

I'm actually afraid that the exact same thing will happen than what happened with felmyst: 5000 registered accounts before the open beta, 10 000-15 000 more during it, 10 000 more the week before launch :s.

The only good news of the felmyst shutdown means that the PvE server will be higher pop than expected here and will probably be able to stand alone almost certainly now.  PvP server gonna be have wait logs all the time.

2 hours ago, Chen-yigoong said:

As you know the server cap if you are not beta tester

8 hours ago, Veritch said:

The only good news of the felmyst shutdown means that the PvE server will be higher pop than expected here and will probably be able to stand alone almost certainly now.  PvP server gonna be have wait logs all the time.

Just wanted to say. The Felmyst shutdown is in no way good news :(. A fantastic amount of work has been lost and private servers are more vulnerable then ever.

The only positive thing I can ascertain from Felmyst shutting down is that we now have proof that popular US based servers do not work.

3 hours ago, Struckd said:

The only positive thing I can ascertain from Felmyst shutting down is that we now have proof that popular US based servers do not work.

I'm not sure this is true.

Gummy caved in at the first C&D letter, just how Nostalrius did.

While French are used to surrender, I was pretty amazed at how a stronk murican surrendered like that.

They said they were changing host, if something was happening...they did not.

They said they had plans in place to avoid that...they had none.

They said a lot of things...none of them true.

So yeah, I think we don't really know if US based servers work or not.

I want to play this PTE how much longer I have to wait :(

Bart420.jpg

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, mrmr said:

I'm not sure this is true.

Gummy caved in at the first C&D letter, just how Nostalrius did.

While French are used to surrender, I was pretty amazed at how a stronk murican surrendered like that.

They said they were changing host, if something was happening...they did not.

They said they had plans in place to avoid that...they had none.

They said a lot of things...none of them true.

So yeah, I think we don't really know if US based servers work or not.

Gummy caved because he was personally the recipient of a C&D letter. A lawyer from Blizzard came to Gummys doorstep and handed him a letter. Stating if he does not stop now, he will go to court. Not the host, but himself personally. He did the right thing, call it 'caving' but any reasonable person would shut everything down immediately and comply else be buried in a wash of legal fees.

In fact, Blizzard can still take Gummy to court. They are just choosing not to as a bargaining chip. If Gummy so much as leaks the code or even thinks about hosting in another country, Blizzard will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

The launch of Felmyst goes to show that hosting anything personally in the US is a huge risk. Certainly not a risk worth taking for anyone unless they have a mountain of money behind them and are willing to play Blizzard at their own game.

Edited by Struckd

2 hours ago, Smoothest said:

I want to play this PTE how much longer I have to wait :(

Bart420.jpg

break the clock

My advice: Don't get yourself hyped. Go do other things and take your mind off CF for a while but keep it in there just a little bit.
That way, you won't feel down if it doesn't launch anytime soon. And it won't trust me, development takes lots of time.

9 hours ago, Xantros said:

My advice: Don't get yourself hyped. Go do other things and take your mind off CF for a while but keep it in there just a little bit.
That way, you won't feel down if it doesn't launch anytime soon. And it won't trust me, development takes lots of time.

As I read it would be coming soon open beta and the launch in late 2017 would be a possibility. According to the Q&A. Anyway you have all the reason, I am very hype and it is not something that happens next week. Thank you.

Mother Russia, i think its one place to host server no US laws here.

On 30.7.2017 at 0:04 PM, Struckd said:

Gummy caved because he was personally the recipient of a C&D letter. A lawyer from Blizzard came to Gummys doorstep and handed him a letter. Stating if he does not stop now, he will go to court. Not the host, but himself personally. He did the right thing, call it 'caving' but any reasonable person would shut everything down immediately and comply else be buried in a wash of legal fees.

In fact, Blizzard can still take Gummy to court. They are just choosing not to as a bargaining chip. If Gummy so much as leaks the code or even thinks about hosting in another country, Blizzard will come down on him like a ton of bricks.

The launch of Felmyst goes to show that hosting anything personally in the US is a huge risk. Certainly not a risk worth taking for anyone unless they have a mountain of money behind them and are willing to play Blizzard at their own game.

I, personally, wouldn't take every word he said as gospel. This is a guy that closed down his first server because he lost interest, then told everyone he had plans on how to deal with Blizzard. Using burning-crusade.com also strikes me as terribly arrogant and kinda stupid.

Biggest problem I have with his story is that I highly doubt that he answers his own door, as he can't walk. So this, to me, takes credibility of the other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan but I ain't hatin'. I just think blindly believing things, especially stated by people over the internet, doesn't end well more often than not.

Doubt things people say!