Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoothest

How much time is left for the open beta?

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, maronics said:

I, personally, wouldn't take every word he said as gospel. This is a guy that closed down his first server because he lost interest, then told everyone he had plans on how to deal with Blizzard. Using burning-crusade.com also strikes me as terribly arrogant and kinda stupid.

Biggest problem I have with his story is that I highly doubt that he answers his own door, as he can't walk. So this, to me, takes credibility of the other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan but I ain't hatin'. I just think blindly believing things, especially stated by people over the internet, doesn't end well more often than not.

Doubt things people say!

Of course I have doubt. I had doubt when he first took it down. My immediate assumption was that he just couldn't take the load and didn't want to bother anymore. But then he released a few more statements, then a video. 

Sure, what he says might not be 100% the truth. But apart from his track record there is no other evidence or reason to doubt what is saying. 

Yes question everything, but also learn that there is a line between reasonable doubt and conspiracy theories. In this scernario I feel there is enough evidence to put reasonable doubt to bed.

PS. Sure he might have not opened the door himself, maybe or it was a caretaker or maybe he in an electric wheelchair. I can't say I care enough to dig that deep into the mans situation :P or rather I don't think he even deserves such doubt, given what hes done and been through. Poor chap.

Edited by Struckd

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, maronics said:

I, personally, wouldn't take every word he said as gospel. This is a guy that closed down his first server because he lost interest, then told everyone he had plans on how to deal with Blizzard. Using burning-crusade.com also strikes me as terribly arrogant and kinda stupid.

Biggest problem I have with his story is that I highly doubt that he answers his own door, as he can't walk. So this, to me, takes credibility of the other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan but I ain't hatin'. I just think blindly believing things, especially stated by people over the internet, doesn't end well more often than not.

Doubt things people say!

I guess it doesn't really matter if he got handed the letter personally but it's very well possible that he recived one considering the circumstances. His reaction to such a threat on the other hand wouldn't be very hard to understand. 

But hey, i don't know anything about this guy or about his history of pvs emulation but the idea that he got bored again after a few hours after launch or the story with the letter being a big lie sounds more like conspiracy theory than anything else.

ps: didn't see @Struckd's answer. Pretty much all i wanted to say has already been said.

Edited by Mogri

It was real what the tale. Nobody throws their 4 year job on a whim or a "mystical" problem those who believe in conspiracies will only delirious.

Posted (edited)

Just from someone who was actually online on the server (got to level 14 before shutdown), the stability issues you were talking about were only for the login server, the actual server was the smoothest launch I have ever tried with 3k+ people online, everything was instant even looting after the 2nd restart and dynamic respawns working perfectly. The fact that he didn't let in all 3k at once and only in batches helped tremendously to spread the population out in the starting zones, and other servers could learn from this. Like first let in 1-2k people, then 500 new ones every 20-30 minutes or something like that.

Time to move on, while we were anticipating his work, he greatly failed us all and himself by ignoring the warnings and not passing on his work to someone outside the US instead of heading the project himself. Future developers from US hopefully won't make the same mistake.

Edited by Ulver

1 hour ago, Ulver said:

The fact that he didn't let in all 3k at once and only in batches helped tremendously to spread the population out in the starting zones, and other servers could learn from this. Like first let in 1-2k people, then 500 new ones every 20-30 minutes or something like that.

I don't understand why all these hyped projects always post big count down clocks and give players the exact launch time in the first place. Why not just give the players a rough estimate, like "server will launch in the next 48 hours" and then sneakily open the floodgates at 3 am so the players will trickle in instead of everyone rushing in like its the black friday at a mall.

38 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

I don't understand why all these hyped projects always post big count down clocks and give players the exact launch time in the first place. Why not just give the players a rough estimate, like "server will launch in the next 48 hours" and then sneakily open the floodgates at 3 am so the players will trickle in instead of everyone rushing in like its the black friday at a mall.

While ill always support this idea....you always get the 'muh character names' response and a negative vibe towards that type of launch.

3 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I would love if private servers would start doing that.
Its much better than getting queues or +4k people all in the same areas for the first days, its a complete mess!

8 hours ago, Struckd said:

While ill always support this idea....you always get the 'muh character names' response and a negative vibe towards that type of launch.

I guess so but people usually first pick popular joke/real names that are hardly original anyway. The only people that are really affected are staff members and streamers that have their names taken by trolls. That, and people with big egos who think they're entitled to a certain name because they use it elsewhere. Be original and come up with your own, RP-friendly names, I say. :P

Somethings not right with Felmyst case I mean I highly doubt that Blizzards lawyer would personally go and knock on Gummy's door. Also the letter itself looked really unprofessional for example they used the name WoW. In a legal document it should be World of Warcraft.

Posted (edited)

* reply moved to Felmyst Thread 

Edited by Micki

7 hours ago, Micki said:

* reply moved to Felmyst Thread 

9_9

15 hours ago, Victoria said:

Somethings not right with Felmyst case I mean I highly doubt that Blizzards lawyer would personally go and knock on Gummy's door. Also the letter itself looked really unprofessional for example they used the name WoW. In a legal document it should be World of Warcraft.

The letter had a reference number. You can go to the website of the law firm blizzard is using and type in the reference number to validate its authenticity.