Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zito

poll
Have you played on any other private servers recently?

Have you played on any other private servers recently?   83 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played on a different server recently (in the last 2-3 years) and have you reached max level?

• Yes, I have reached level 60 on a recent Vanilla WoW Server
    • Yes, but I never reached max level.
    • No, but I have played on another server in a different expansion (TBC or WotLK)
    • No, I haven't played on any recent private servers.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
35 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, long time lurker of the Crestfall forums and of the project. I was curious to find out who has played on other private servers in the last few years. I thought it might be interesting to find out how many people are going to have a new fresh experience with Crestfall versus those of us who have played/still playing on other private servers. 

None worth it. Or it is full of Chinese selling gold soon to die or have a precarious development.

53 minutes ago, Smoothest said:

None worth it. Or it is full of Chinese selling gold soon to die or have a precarious development.

I agree. I did play on a few over the past year, and frankly, I'm perfectly happy sitting here waiting for Crestfall.

2 minutes ago, Alumian said:

I agree. I did play on a few over the past year, and frankly, I'm perfectly happy sitting here waiting for Crestfall.

This guy knows.

Not really. Ascension is good fun for a weekend before you realize how broken it is, the others aren't worth it.

If crestfall fails to launch for whatever reason I guess I'll just kill myself *shrug*

44 minutes ago, Oceliene said:

Not really. Ascension is good fun for a weekend before you realize how broken it is, the others aren't worth it.

If crestfall fails to launch for whatever reason I guess I'll just kill myself *shrug*

I think I already read you say two easy negative comments regarding the launch. Why do not you keep your negativity and shit on you? It's going to come out all right, we all have positive vibes regarding CF. GL and thanks u 9_9

Last exp on private servers was Nostalrius you know what huppen.

My last experience was Nostalrius PvE and i don't think anything since then is worth to play atm except Crestfall ofc =)

Been playing on Nostalrius/Elysium but decided about 5 months ago to take a break from WoW until CF launches. Seen everything so many times now, I still love it but I rather not be burned out once CF goes live.

Got plenty of other games to play meanwhile and a shiny new console as well. :)

Leveled a little on ely. 

Max lvled on excalibur, but nothing else. Lvl 60 on Vengeance at the moment. Not serious on any of them. Just fulfilling that sweet nostalgia. 

I play on this forgotten gem called "Crestfall", I doubt that you champs have heard of it but it is looking fairly *censored* so you should *censored* it!

18 minutes ago, Soyoen said:

I play on this forgotten gem called "Crestfall", I doubt that you champs have heard of it but it is looking fairly *censored* so you should *censored* it!

CF when :feelsbadman:

"censored" being the key word in this server !

Hype intensified !

Posted (edited)

On 04/08/2017 at 3:58 AM, Oceliene said:

I kinda came to a similar conclusion, they've put work into the custom stuff, but otherwise, it's just buggy. As far as I can tell, it's just a stock core with all the custom stuff thrown on top.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

Leveling for the moment on Anathema (Nostalrius realm migrated to Elysium) but it's looking as a dead srv now (1600 at peak EU timezone).

Leveling on Elysium but laggy/crashy/overpopulated (but this is ok for me) 

I really hope Crestfall will go live (this year or next year I don't care) for this PTE system.

Edited by Feya

5 minutes ago, Feya said:

Leveling for the moment on Anathema (Nostalrius realm migrated to Elysium) but it's looking as a dead srv now (1600 at peak EU timezone).

Leveling on Elysium but laggy/crashy/overpopulated (but this is ok for me) 

I really hope Crestfall will go live (this year or next year I don't care) for this PTE system.

>1600

>dead

mane

46 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

>1600

>dead

mane

At peak, during my playing time it's more like 800 people. But you can take a look on this picture and I think you will understand why it's a dead server for me (or in the future if it's enough player for you). 

Anathema pop screenshot.png

On 08/07/2017 at 7:12 PM, Pvt_8Ball said:

I kinda came to a similar conclusion, they've put work into the custom stuff, but otherwise, it's just buggy. As far as I can tell, it's just a stock core with all the custom stuff thrown on top.

It is buggy sometimes indeed. Still, it's breathing the known and appreciated air, but fresh. Discovering things again, having a hard time and wiping in mc again.

I am very drawn to the endless build possibilities and a new way to tackle the old sweet vanilla.

The Elysium realm isn't too bad. High pop, stable ping, and good enough scripting for the mean time. Shame I didn't get my toon off nost, but it'll do for now. 

28 minutes ago, Bluemoon said:

The Elysium realm isn't too bad. High pop, stable ping, and good enough scripting for the mean time. Shame I didn't get my toon off nost, but it'll do for now. 

Nost was transfer to Anathema. Anathema pop disappear. You don't have to regret anything 

I'm on Elysium.

Sittin around debating on rather I should push my Paladin to 60 before AQ Event or wait and see how CF fares.

--I, legit, fear that CF will be another WoW Valkyrie, with sub 300 total online. :(

19 minutes ago, illutian said:

I'm on Elysium.

Sittin around debating on rather I should push my Paladin to 60 before AQ Event or wait and see how CF fares.

--I, legit, fear that CF will be another WoW Valkyrie, with sub 300 total online. :(

Very unlikely. If we analyze the recently released servers and their population, they all manage to get high peaks early but fail to keep the population over a longer period mainly because they have released too early and have not done the core work that is necessary for a healthy release (Unless they get shutdown for other reasons). It is also a reason why we strive to make things as perfect as we can because if you fail the release, you do not really get a second chance to hype it up.

In the last 3 years, about 150 days played being  about 4hrs a day on average.  Played on loads of different realms, currently having a bit of a break due to work :S