Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadeByRockets

Hunter pvp spec

Hey guys, decided to run a hunter this time around. Always played warlock/druid on pservers. But Hunter just seems so much fun in pvp. Anyway, here is the spec I'm going to be running, is it cookie cutter? Or should I be running something different.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZgVohthtcAV0oh

I was also wondering if a 0/21/30 spec would be viable? With emphasis on savage strikes/counterattacks and scattershots. 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohtZ0Ei0ohux

You can go countless way, for huntarding PvP.

Survivalist (+sta) and Clever Traps are very good in PvP. Same with Wyvern Sting I believe (although, you may want to skip this for ScatterShot).

Much more than Savage Strike, if you ask me (you shouldn't be meleeing...should you?).

Not sure about TrapMastery, but that 10% should apply in PvP too.

Barrage is also a godsent for PvP (you're going to use multishot quite often, aren't you?)

I would skip TrueShot aura probably...

I don't know about the future functionality of this macro on this server in terms of lag and delay and such, but this was a very good PvP macro used on Nostalrius.

I might not be providing an alternative spec, but I think you got that covered; what the macro does is it will put your pet on passive (to make it stop attacking) and check if you are in combat, if so, it will feign death and then immediately drop a trap. That is because in vanilla you cannot trap during combat. If you're not in combat it will simply just drop the trap.

trapping makro.png

Dat "everything is shit for hunters atm" is the reason why I quit Nostalrius right away...and never looked back.

...and then...they became our "Ambassadors"...what a shame...

Don't mind Sollitude. He was pretty toxic as fuck. Just like 90% of my guild during that time. Terrible place.

1 hour ago, Vitamalz said:

Don't mind Sollitude. He was pretty toxic as fuck. Just like 90% of my guild during that time. Terrible place.

Maybe he was toxic....and yet that was the truth. I would say that speaking the truth won't make you "toxic".

I was never a big fan of Wywern Sting build in Vanilla but maybe its just me. For pvp I will either go 0 / 24 / 27 http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohthZcAVioh or 21 / 27 / 3 http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cxcM0xxoZgVohthbc

First one got some mad CC capabilities and is especially good against melee.

Second one is a build that I use while lvling, but sometimes keep it as a PVP build too.

But as mrmr wrote, there are multiple ways how to play a hunter in pvp so chose whatever suits your playstyle :)

On 28.7.2016 at 7:43 PM, Mal Do'Urden said:

I was never a big fan of Wywern Sting build in Vanilla but maybe its just me. For pvp I will either go 0 / 24 / 27 http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohthZcAVioh or 21 / 27 / 3 http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cxcM0xxoZgVohthbc

First one got some mad CC capabilities and is especially good against melee.

Second one is a build that I use while lvling, but sometimes keep it as a PVP build too.

But as mrmr wrote, there are multiple ways how to play a hunter in pvp so chose whatever suits your playstyle :)

Take one out of survivalist and put it into Counterattack. Those 2% health are easily outweighed by an occassional stun. Especially in combination with Deterrence.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:36 AM, Munin said:

wy not?

if u have used a trap macro, you need to have some serious introspection on the way you play 

I use the basic if in combat fd -> trap macro, if not in combat just pop trap, and got the normal trap w/o the fd bound to the same button under a Modifier.

care to elaborate? If you can? 

Edited by Munin

idk why you  need a macro to trap. you just press feign death then the trap you want to use. idk why you need to have a spam macro.

39 minutes ago, pants said:

idk why you  need a macro to trap. you just press feign death then the trap you want to use. idk why you need to have a spam macro.

To make your life easier - like with every other macro

Just now, Frost said:

To make your life easier - like with every other macro

how does it make your life easier if you have to spam the macro? 

Just now, pants said:

how does it make your life easier if you have to spam the macro? 

Trap comes down quicker.

5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Trap comes down quicker.

I can assure you that manually clicking feign death and then trap is just as fast.

Beast if you're not 60. At 60, you could very well keep it, or switch it out for Survival. Typically, you'd want 0/21/30 or 0/20/31, depending on whether you want Scatter Shot or Wyvern Sting. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I'd go for SS, because the sting does not stack with the others. You get a dinky sleep effect then a slightly better Serpent Sting in terms of damage. That's about it, vs losing your most important close range ability/CC. When a Mage blinks to your face then starts cranking up a nuke, Wyvern Sting isn't going to do a damn thing. But Scatter Shot would. The same can be said about anyone else attacking you.

Most Hunters at 60 though (including myself) ran 0/31/20, or had some talents in Hawk, but this is for dungeons/raiding, where Trueshot aura wins out over the +agility because it affects a whole group. Basically, you'll never get enough agility for that boost to overtake Trueshot when stacked up in a group. But Survival is good for your own sake, which means more to you when you're alone out in the world, or in BGs. You probably don't care about the extra AP on other random idiots in a PUG BG. Survival is also the best at meleeing, since +agility=armor/dodge, not just AP/crit. This is helpful when Warriors/Rogues are wacking at your face. Trueshot isn't.

I personally considered running 0/21/30 for a while in BGs for ranks, but once I retired ranks on my Hunter, who had a raid slot getting me T1 purples... may as well just keep the aura. I seemed to melee well enough with an ARCANITE REAPER and the early Surv talents. Despite how many Alliance scrubs I chopped in half, I never entered a BG as Survival. Would have been crazy if I did though. Putting that AGI buff on an already decked out Orc bastard, haha.

Edited by Drain
more text