Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Trayan

Volunteer Game Master.

Hello,

Before i start i would like to point out that i am NOT applying for the job yet!

I was wondering if you are looking for a game master for when the server launches. I have some experience in World of Warcraft but i still need to point out some things:

I am under 18.

I am studying...that means that i don't have that much spare time(exept in the holidays).

And i question i would want to ask:

Is it a full time job?- because if it is i won't be able to apply for it due to not having enough time as i pointed out before.

However i would spend a big part of it(my spare time) for my responsibilities as a gm.

I understand my responsibilities and i will treat people fairly and not banning anyone without a reason. 

If there is something else i need to know about being a volunteer game master please let me know. 

Thank you for your attention.

Have a nice day! :)

2 hours ago, Trayan said:

I understand my responsibilities and i will treat people fairly and not banning anyone without a reason. 

I find it great that people volunteer to help this beautiful and great project. But with that comment you made (I quote) you seem to be the typical guy who lets himself be influenced by anything emotional and mute or ban people for personal reasons. On top of that you are underage, more influenced by hormones and temporary emotions. Anyway, good luck.

no hard feelings but i wouldnt trust anyone under 18 as a GM unless i knew them personally at at least the level of a close friend

It was supposed to be a joke, guys!

(I hope so at least)

1 hour ago, loeth said:

It was supposed to be a joke, guys!

(I hope so at least)

So now it is a joke when you didn't get the response you wished for?

8 hours ago, Smoothest said:

I find it great that people volunteer to help this beautiful and great project. But with that comment you made (I quote) you seem to be the typical guy who lets himself be influenced by anything emotional and mute or ban people for personal reasons. On top of that you are underage, more influenced by hormones and temporary emotions. Anyway, good luck.

Especially when even some adults as mods and GMs have problems with emotions kicking in.

*cough* Elysium *cough*

Thanks for the replies!

I don't expect anyone from the staff to see this but i want to still write it in case someone does see it...

If you think the same as the other people who replied to this topic,(that i will be influenced by anything emotional) then try me! Make me a GM in the beta and see what people think about me. That way you can see if i am influenced by anything while chatting with people. Even if you give me the permission to ban people for only 3 hours. If you are not happy with what you saw then i will be fine with it... But i won't agree with the stereotype that underaged people are not capable of being an GM.

Again i am NOT applying for the job before i get to know everything that i need to.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Aquane said:

no hard feelings but i wouldnt trust anyone under 18 as a GM unless i knew them personally at at least the level of a close friend

In my opinion that is just a stereotype! :)

Posted (edited)

You are aware that bringing up "I won't randomly ban people" makes it look like you'd randomly ban people, right?

Edited by maronics

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Trayan said:

In my opinion that is just a stereotype! :)

Not really what I'd call a stereotype. If you're below 12 you're a child that will most likely be limited to the mentality of a child (which is perfectly normal, obviously) and if you're between 13 and 17 you're going through puberty. Neither is something I would less than triple check before giving an important job to. But why triple check a child/teenager when you can just double check an adult?

Of course that's just general terms. Many adults are childish as anything and some children are way more mature than teenagers. Finding out who is what is what the double/triple checking is for. It's just that, again, adults should be more mature so it's a safer bet.

Edited by VeloxBanks

31 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

adults should be more mature

Stereotype. Ding!!!!

2 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

Stereotype. Ding!!!!

I guess I played myself. 

1 hour ago, Trayan said:

Thanks for the replies!

I don't expect anyone from the staff to see this but i want to still write it in case someone does see it...

If you think the same as the other people who replied to this topic,(that i will be influenced by anything emotional) then try me! Make me a GM in the beta and see what people think about me. That way you can see if i am influenced by anything while chatting with people. Even if you give me the permission to ban people for only 3 hours. If you are not happy with what you saw then i will be fine with it... But i won't agree with the stereotype that underaged people are not capable of being an GM.

Again i am NOT applying for the job before i get to know everything that i need to.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, gwshow said:

I support you as a game manager.

Same person. Let see enough of you. I cannot help laughing out loud

If you really want to be a GM, maybe become part of the community first. Be active on the forums, interact with people and build a rapport with the people here.

I mean, seriously, do you really think the devs would read your thread and just be like "Oh cool, this kid wants to be a GM, well, we don't know anything about him, this is his first ever post on here, I'm sure he's a trustworthy, upstanding dude, we can definitely give him access to the closed beta. It's not like we've had troubles with some dude with access to the beta bad-mouthing the project recently, so let's get this newcomer started!"

It's just not a good first impression to immediately ask for a position of power and deeper access to the project.

Also, I personally don't think it's a good idea to let teenagers do something like that, simply because you are in a pretty turbulent phase of your life, and who's to say that you'll even be around still once this project launches? Who's to say you don't just walk away from your commitment once you get into a serious relationship or just lose interest in the game? Of course, that sort of thing can happen with adults too, but I feel like the probability of that happening with an adult is far lower compared to a teenager in the midst of puberty.

16 hours ago, Trayan said:

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks!

I am confused now, is your post joke or not?

Every child thinks they are, 'mature for their age' etc.

Next!

On 07/08/2017 at 2:35 AM, Smoothest said:

I also lol'ed quite a bit after reading that sentence, after that i don't think anyone will take his application seriously enough, sadly !