Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Q&A 5

33 posts in this topic

would you guys release a read-only version of the bugtracker for the public till open beta?

1 hour ago, Aquane said:

would you guys release a read-only version of the bugtracker for the public till open beta?

I'm also very interested in this !

When Vanilla is out you, the developers, will also want to enjoy what you've been working on for so long. How will you decide how much time needs to be dedicated to developing and how much is leisure? Will you have much more time since it will no longer be work on the engine just scripting?

3 hours ago, Clavus said:

When Vanilla is out you, the developers, will also want to enjoy what you've been working on for so long. How will you decide how much time needs to be dedicated to developing and how much is leisure? Will you have much more time since it will no longer be work on the engine just scripting?

They intend to work on vanilla -> release it -> work on TBC during vanilla until it releases -> work on WoTLK during TBC, etc...
At least that's what i understood from some posts @Darkrasp made.
I could be wrong tho !

14 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

They intend to work on vanilla -> release it -> work on TBC during vanilla until it releases -> work on WoTLK during TBC, etc...
At least that's what i understood from some posts @Darkrasp made.
I could be wrong tho !

That was not my question though, maybe I worded it weirdly. I'm interested in how they will balance their play time and their time developing the server.

Edited by Clavus

Hello,

Do you plan to implement Google Authentication function, IP lock, or another similar 2FA, for better account security ?

Best Regards.

Ok need to think of some questions for Q&A 6. Let's see.....

(Side note: I'd appreciate it if people don't try and bring their own personal agenda into this as was the case with Q&A 2 that left me rather...disappointed).

Moving on....

Let me start off with an expansion/community related question.

Will there still be a sense of community in future expansions?

As an example, Warlords of Draenor introduced Garrisons which in my opinion took the idea of a close knit community and threw it out the window.

The Garrisons were phased which means each Garrison is completely separate from another players Garrison (Sure there's the option to allow players to enter but i don't feel that works so well).

A huge community killer (Again in my opinion).

Second question (This being lore related).

Will the lore be more....streamlined? I hope i'm making that clear enough.

To put it another way, there's been a ton of lore mistakes made in official wow lore plus all the retcons which personally i think is ridiculous.

I for one would like it if there weren't any such mistakes (If possible) plus no retcons whatsoever.

Last question (This one concerning exploring the hidden wonders of Azeroth) then i'll stop talking (Sorry for the wall of text).

In World of Warcraft, there's a great many hidden places you can visit (Others used to be accessible but not so much anymore when the big B added invisible walls making getting to such a place difficult if not outright impossible).

For example, Old Quel'Thalas was easily accessible prior to the aforementioned invisible wall being added.

So here's my question....will those invisible walls be removed allowing players to visit such places again?

Alright that's enough questions for now, i need to go to sleep.

On most (if not all) private servers shift-loot will sometimes result in no loot at all. Will this work properly on Crestfall?