Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smoothest

hype
¿Eager for CF?

Welcome to the Tavern of MMORPG to wait CF.

Honestly before yesterday I bought Albion Online and found it a very fun way to wait for CF. Comment that you are playing to wait for this great project. ^_^

Retail.

Lol jk. I'm not touching that thing again. Unless they make it either B2P or F2P.

I'm coming back to GW2 and maybe PoE now that it's had the great update.

Im reading epic fantasy books.Just finished Joe Abercrombie "First Law" series + Best served cold & Heroes.Only Red Country left. What can i say, u will forgot about "Game of thrones" after reading this series.

Started playing TF2 again after a 2 year hiatus. Been dishing out heals like crazy for a couple of days now. Mostly on Casual but I've ubered some Comp teams to victory as well.

If anyone else here also plays this ancient game and wants to run as a team they can feel free to add me on Steam. Name and everything is the same. Random chat banter is also welcome.

Other than that it's mostly just the usual for Velox. RPGs. All of them mostly old ones or at least ones following the oldschool design philosophies. What? I don't like the modern stuff, okay? I wish I did but I don't.

I'm also hype af (no) looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin 2. Big fan of the first one and I have high hopes for the sequel. High hopes that I'm ready to drop and burn at the first sight of things going south. As with all projects.

Lol I'm not even bothering with other games. I'm just waiting and in the mean time doing some addon development and [nerd]losing myself in my world of warcraft chronicles 1 and 2[/nerd]

Been playing Life is Strange and Ironman/no reloads Baldur's Gate + leveling a paladin on elysium.

12 hours ago, Sallerius said:

Im reading epic fantasy books.Just finished Joe Abercrombie "First Law" series + Best served cold & Heroes.Only Red Country left. What can i say, u will forgot about "Game of thrones" after reading this series.

The trilogy was really good. The standalone books were even better. Best Served Cold was my fav. The Shattered Sea trilogy by the same author was also great.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

The trilogy was really good. The standalone books were even better. Best Served Cold was my fav. The Shattered Sea trilogy by the same author was also great

Just bought Sea triology....and yes, Monza is legit Beatrix Kiddo.

I'm currently playing FFXIV(They need to fix my job, cause it's broke as hell, and not in a good way) and going through the Bioshock series again on the side. I really enjoy Bioshock.

On 2017-08-09 at 7:00 PM, Brikot said:

Just now i discovered a Game on Steam that has World of Warcraft Developers and a thread that says it has similarity to pre nerf AV. Its early acces and im not buying it but yea, if anyone wanna try it out, game is called Rend (MMO)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/547860/discussions/0/135511757696828522/

That does look really interesting, let's hope they manage to complete it.

I've been playing stuff like cs go and Rimworld and whatever.
I've also played Albion online(kinda tired of server issues and lies from devs saying they'll upgrade the servers and then they don't), haven't played Team Fortress 2 in some years, i was never good at that game tho never played it much either =D
I'm kinda interested in the game @Brikot mentioned tho

On 10.8.2017 at 8:32 AM, Lilaina said:

Been playing Life is Strange...

Discovered that too lately and played all episodes in 4 evenings.  Hella great game! There wasn't any game like that for me for a long time. Looking forward to the prequel and LiS2 someday =)

Besides I play on Darrowshire (PvE of Elysium) till CF releases for the Vanilla fix. Might clear AQ40 there before that ;)

On 9. 8. 2017 at 8:26 PM, ilovecats said:

I'm coming back to GW2 and maybe PoE now that it's had the great update.

I'd play more of these mmos, but they're all insufferably full of japanfaggotry.
PoE is just boring :v.

On 9. 8. 2017 at 8:30 PM, Sallerius said:

you will forgot about "Game of thrones" after reading this series.

Ah, you reminded me I should really buy the SoIaF books someday.
You know I hate it when a book series gets worldwide recognition and gets adapted for normies. It sort of worked with LotR, thank god, but other things, like (to my endless chagrin) The Chronicles of Narnia got it really bad.
What am I talking about? Well, it usually happens that after a series is picked up by some moving-picture-related medium, that there is a reprint of the books to comply with the mainstream. Which usually means they're printed in nicely digestible format, with large typeface, no more than 50 words per page, and somehow the book is now four times larger than it was previously, not to mention it's plastered all over by the absolutely disgusting photos from the movie. Allow The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to illustrate.

These are the various old covers (as well as teh absolute genius cover of the earlier Czech edition, which, unfortunately, happened only for the first two books): 
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/slideshow/9780060234812_3_slideshow.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/TheLionWitchWardrobe(1stEd).jpg
http://blogs.slj.com/afuse8production/files/2012/06/LionWardrobe18.jpg
https://www.databazeknih.cz/images_books/29_/29484/big_lev-carodejnice-a-skrin-OvQ-29484.jpg

This is the post-moving one:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51kNb4-NUoL.jpg

Bring me a bucket for I have a strong desire to vomit. Also in the comaprison to the Czech version, the new book managed to be about 8 times as thick and with at least twice of the front area. Perhaps the only redeeming quality is, that it's a hardcover.

On 9. 8. 2017 at 8:31 PM, VeloxBanks said:

Started playing TF2 again after a 2 year hiatus.

I got 456 hours on that thing but I never even gitten gud.

On 9. 8. 2017 at 8:31 PM, VeloxBanks said:

RPGs. All of them

Sounds like my "to play" game list.

On 10. 8. 2017 at 1:28 AM, Alumian said:

addon development

Cool, now backport everyquest and ackis to vanilla. And god protect you if you start the discssuion about everyquest by some nonsense about querying the quest db not being possible until wotlk. Nobody talks about that function when mentioning everyquest! It's a TBC addon!

On 10. 8. 2017 at 8:32 AM, Lilaina said:

Life is Strange

I am now judging you intensely with a fierce hate too untamed for words.

5 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

I got 456 hours on that thing but I never even gitten gud.

TF2 has a shit learning curve. Might have something to do with the fact that the "tutorial" is as disconnected from the rest of the game as it can possibly be and any other form of "hint" is extremely brief and doesn't really touch on any details. After 1500 hours I've only recently started being okay-ish enough-ish for a low rank-ish game. I'm also only good at a single class and that's the medic.

Note: Totally not a modest healing god.

The good thing is that class is relatively underplayed so I'm always welcome. The problem is when someone else grabs the medigun before me and the rest of the team says "Yo, could you play literally any of the 8 other classes?".

The only way to git gud at TF2 is to keep getting your shit pushed in by better players for several years and slowly getting better by suffereing through and learning every single variable in the game. Trial and error is literally your only hope.

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

I'd play more of these mmos, but they're all insufferably full of japanfaggotry. 

You've just expressed my exact thoughts about most mmos out there. 

5 hours ago, Nagrim said:

Hella great game!

5 hours ago, Nagrim said:

Looking forward to the prequel and LiS2 someday =)

I'm not a big fan of prequels myself but I'll still prolly try it. :P 

3 hours ago, Xaverius said:

I am now judging you intensely with a fierce hate too untamed for words.

:´(

@Xaverius Haha, yeah. Check "the witcher" books covers. https://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-5-Book-Series/dp/B01N4PH4L0

Back to SoIaF - tbh 1st season introduced me to books....then i read them all(and yeah, dunno why, but i still watch tv show...not impressed, but still there...)

And yeah, anyone else seeing those green & red colored letters after scrolling pages here??

Edited by Sallerius

6 hours ago, Xaverius said:

PoE is just boring :v.

I thought you wrote that Path of Exile is full of anime stuff and was quite confused.

Yeah, GW2 is a bit too glittery and tacky in some places. I like the combat and world events though.

Progressive EverQuest server was the closest I could get to the dream right now.

23 hours ago, Xaverius said:

That's exactly why i don't like Asian MMO's like Lineage, PoE, Black Desert, GW2, etc....
So far i've only enjoyed WoW and i'm tired of their business model of the last 3-4 expansions

I intend to spend all my current gaming time on this - http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

I haven't had too much of it lately, so it might take me a few months to complete the game.

Also GRRM books are an unreadable mess, I read all of them up to Dance with Dragons(not included) both in Czech and English about 10 years ago and I consider the TV series much better.

I loved Joe Abercrombie's books, much more enjoyable and full of action.

22 minutes ago, meph said:

I intend to spend all my current gaming time on this - http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

I haven't had too much of it lately, so it might take me a few months to complete the game.

Also GRRM books are an unreadable mess, I read all of them up to Dance with Dragons(not included) both in Czech and English about 10 years ago and I consider the TV series much better.

I loved Joe Abercrombie's books, much more enjoyable and full of action.

our dear community member  @Lilaina talked about that game in another thread a few days ago.
Can't believe a game can take that long to be developed =O

On 8/14/2017 at 3:41 PM, meph said:

They can't be that bad if you kept reading that long! :P 

(I do think that 1-3 were better than 4-5 though).

13 hours ago, Lilaina said:

They can't be that bad if you kept reading that long! :P 

(I do think that 1-3 were better than 4-5 though).

I used to have a lot more patience/tolerance for bad books. I mean, I read all of Terry Goodkind's stuff ... (the biggest joke is that I have quite a few fond memories of those books even though I realize how terrible they are)

GRRM's writing is not bad, just tiring and long-winded (unnecessarily so in most instances). Tolkien is of the same mold, I read his work once and I am never going to touch those books again.