Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Krippee

Getting drunk in WoW

Posted (edited)

I was browsing Reddit this morning and found this thread on r/WoW

Screenshot_20170810-111230.png

They talk about levels appearing incorrect when your character is drunk. Then one guy states that it's been in the game since the beginning.
Personally, I've never heard or seen this myself. Just wanted to ask the more knowledgeable people in this community if this is true.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Here's the link to the thread if people want to read through it
        https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6sogfv/i_got_my_character_drunk_and_noticed_something/

Edited by Krippee

It's there from TBC, when Brewfest was added, at the very least.

Posted (edited)

Can confirm, I've seen this many a time. Also this isn't just against players. You see everyone and everything as a lower level (except yourself) when you're smashed.

Also if you talk in /say or /yell chat while you have curse of tongues on you then you're actually forced to speak in Demonic.

Edited by Alumian

While the true level of the creature remains the same, it appears lowered to the character who is drunk. The apparent level of a mob goes down by up to 5 levels while "completely smashed", and slowly returns to its actual level while slowly sobering up. The player still receives the same XP for killing mobs as they would while sober.

From Wowpedia and it either was ingame from the beginning or from " Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): The Drunk effect has been greatly enhanced." I'd guess.

Ah! My speciality! Getting drunk while playing WoW, the beautiful memories!

...wait... getting drunk in WoW? 

Nevermind. Carry on. 

4 hours ago, Alumian said:

Can confirm, I've seen this many a time. Also this isn't just against players. You see everyone and everything as a lower level (except yourself) when you're smashed.

Also if you talk in /say or /yell chat while you have curse of tongues on you then you're actually forced to speak in Demonic.

Okay, thanks for the clarification!
I wonder if this is hard to implement on CF's servers?
@Darkrasp Maybe you have some insight on this?

2 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Ah! My speciality! Getting drunk while playing WoW, the beautiful memories!

...wait... getting drunk in WoW? 

Nevermind. Carry on. 

Why not both? ¬¬

Posted (edited)

How the fuck do so many of you people not know this is a thing.

gfYPXIL.jpg Newfags, all of you!

Edited by Xaverius

The crave to play, it intensified after reading this topic, oh these old days...

Stop it ...hic! You're not even 110 yet ...hic! Get on my level ...hic!

3 hours ago, limov417 said:

The crave to play, it intensified after reading this topic, oh these old days...

Tell me about it, the wait is bloody painful, but it's like any other game, you just gotta wait for it to come out.

lmao i played since vanilla but never knew this, funny :) guess i was never drunk enough or i'm just a nice guy even when drunk!

On 10.8.2017 at 8:55 PM, Xaverius said:

How the fuck do so many of you people not know this is a thing.

I'm playing (against my original plans, but eh) on a different server right now just for a bit of Vanilla vibe. The amount of stuff people plain don't know is staggering, as is the amount of people who don't know. I'm not even talking flair like alcohol decreasing the displayed level of mobs (which I'd corroborate was in at least from February 2005, which was my first days of playing), but stuff like using basic chat commands (e.g. "/ignore Name" puts a character on ignore), or the need for zone switching ("Can't you just help me with [handful of deep red quests]? I don't want to travel to the Wetlands..."), or even basic mechanics ("What's a five second rule?").

To be honest, I kinda like it. Makes the game feel fresh again.

Ahh, how I remember this. Yeah, it's been ingame since the beginning. :D

I knew about the curse of the tongues thing and the ..hic! but i never knew about the levels thing lol
How odd..