Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inari

Crestfall Gaming Discord Q&A - July 30th, 19:00 GMT+2

72 posts in this topic

Youtube video of event:
Recording starts just into Asura's opening statement.  Our fault for not letting Bloo know in advance to start recording.

We'll be answering as much as we can for a few hours. Chat will be moderated to keep things focused and on topic. As the topic says, the Q&A session will be handled at 19:00 GMT+2 on July 30th(Upcoming Saturday)

Expected Team Members:

• Asura
  • Rodeg
  • Daribon
  • Indra
  • Jonu
  • Rooted
  • Darkrasp

Possible:

• Crogge

He should be back from the trip, but as we have had no contact with him and this was scheduled while he still is on the trip, we cannot be sure if he will be there.

Nice. New here, but looks promising! 

Keep up the good work!

I'll be there! Possibly. Got the in laws down this weekend, I'll have to try and get them drunk so I can slink off with the laptop for a few hours.

I forgot about daylight saving and logged on an hour early :P

Brilliant! I unfortunately missed it. I am hoping for some sort of transcript of the event if possible :). I know its a long shot...having a QA on an active instant messenger will be very chaotic, so having defined, long thorough answers to all the questions would be near impossible...but a man can hope :D.

Nonethless a recording of it will be even better!

14 minutes ago, Struckd said:

Brilliant! I unfortunately missed it. I am hoping for some sort of transcript of the event if possible :). I know its a long shot...having a QA on an active instant messenger will be very chaotic, so having defined, long thorough answers to all the questions would be near impossible...but a man can hope :D.

Nonethless a recording of it will be even better!

We could provide a Copy+Paste from Discord, but since majority of the questions were answered on Voice we can't really do that. There is a Audio file from the entire discussion though :)

I'm going to ask one of our mods to go through the recording and make some point forms for all the questions and answers.  Or I'll do it myself when I get time.

I'm still listening through the recording so I'm not sure if it was asked again / clarified later.

Since the other thread is more about the Q&A format and improvements to the process and not the actual Q&A I hope this place is better to ask.

Dynamic IPs:

Where I live (I can PM mods if necessary) the typical home ADSL (or VDSL as is my case) connection is not a static IP. Only corporate clients get those and they have to pay extra.

So my external IP will change occasionally (within a specific range assigned by my ISP) and this is entirely outside of my control.

The same will happen if I have to reset my modem/router for troubleshooting or if there's a power outage etc.

You will be able to observe this if you have IP tracking on the forum, my IP should have changed a couple or more times since I joined.

If you implement some kind of PIN or two-factor am I going to get in trouble?

Generally speaking, is this something that can get my account in trouble on its own? (no other factors)

You should be fine.  We are investigating IP restrictions as a manner of prohibiting multiboxing, but we won't do anything that would jeopardize common usage.

Might be worth getting @Roadblock and others who have unusual connections into the beta to test connections etc. before you go live once you have sorted out how the server will be being hosted.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Might be worth getting @Roadblock and others who have unusual connections into the beta to test connections etc. before you go live once you have sorted out how the server will be being hosted.

I don't consider myself a special case. I would assume dynamic IPs for consumer internet are the norm for many European countries, not the exception.

I'm trying to find a compilation of info for European countries and will edit it in. Do you guys get static IPs from your ISP?

2 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

I don't consider myself a special case. I would assume dynamic IPs for consumer internet are the norm for many European countries, not the exception.

I'm trying to find a compilation of info for European countries and will edit it in. Do you guys get static IPs from your ISP?

Yes, I get a new IP every time I reboot my modem. Belarus.

Edited by limov417