Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inari

Crestfall Gaming Discord Q&A - July 30th, 19:00 GMT+2

72 posts in this topic

@Roadblock

Had no idea dynamic IP's were the norm on the continent.

In the UK static IP is standard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elicas said:

@Roadblock

Had no idea dynamic IP's were the norm on the continent.

In the UK static IP is standard.

It is very dependant on which country and what ISP you have but most countries and bigger ISP's have dynamic IP adresses for household consumers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You learn something new every day.

I've had the same IP for a decade xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roadblock said:

I don't consider myself a special case. I would assume dynamic IPs for consumer internet are the norm for many European countries, not the exception.

I'm trying to find a compilation of info for European countries and will edit it in. Do you guys get static IPs from your ISP?

Germany has dynamic IPs

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flick my IP between IPv4 and IPv6 fairly often, so that resets my IP as well. We get a new IP usually upon modem restart, or if a cable connection is unstable it will re-connect and acquire a new IP. What matters with the registration IP is not just that, but we can tell the ISP of the registration IP. That helps slightly :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2016 at 11:11 AM, Elicas said:

@Roadblock

Had no idea dynamic IP's were the norm on the continent.

In the UK static IP is standard.

And don't forget that some providers make a given area (eg. a street) share the same connection.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momonn said:

And don't forget that some providers make a given area (eg. a street) share the same connection.

This aswell some residential areas all use the same public IP by NAT.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the audio quality of @Bloo's recording of the Q&A isn't the best. It sounds... too loud? Not sure how to describe it better, I'm not an audio engineer. It also doesn't start at the beginning. However, another guy named @Zeeb also recorded the Q&A and I think his version came out much better. Plus, it starts at the beginning and is less than half the size of the other recording. Just thought I'd link it here in case anyone could make use of it! :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great help, thanks. I think I heard/saw Bloo having some tech issues at the start 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Bloo was not prepared for the start, so that's the reason why he lost the first few minutes of the Q&A.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the audio, I just recorded what I was hearing. I guess Zeeb had decreased the overall audio levels somehow, or maybe there's a way to decrease Asura's audio volume to a lower level, because apart from him, everything else was actually quiet for me.

Next time I'll try to somehow record the audio better. I know it's loud, but that's what I was hearing when i was in discord as well. Enjoy my pain.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bloo said:

As for the audio, I just recorded what I was hearing. I guess Zeeb had decreased the overall audio levels somehow, or maybe there's a way to decrease Asura's audio volume to a lower level, because apart from him, everything else was actually quiet for me.

Next time I'll try to somehow record the audio better. I know it's loud, but that's what I was hearing when i was in discord as well. Enjoy my pain.

Ha. You should see me and the guild trying to Team Speak 2 resolved (off topic, I know, I know)...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about trade function like kr o nos ? it will be nice option that allow us to change to trade our heroes to other on ppl who don't like it =] ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, loonbg said:

what about trade function like kr o nos ? it will be nice option that allow us to change to trade our heroes to other on ppl who don't like it =] ?

Are you talking about being able to buy a geared lvl 60 with some kind of forum currency (that you have to buy with real money)? If yes, that's as pay to win as it gets and the staff explicitly said pay to win won't be a thing on Crestfall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frost said:

Are you talking about being able to buy a geared lvl 60 with some kind of forum currency (that you have to buy with real money)? If yes, that's as pay to win as it gets and the staff explicitly said pay to win won't be a thing on Crestfall.

no no you don't understand me i mean if i levaled 60 lvl or lower hero and i want to trade if for other guy who have 60 to =] in kronos have option like this

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, loonbg said:

no no you don't understand me i mean if i levaled 60 lvl or lower hero and i want to trade if for other guy who have 60 to =] in kronos have option like this

think he's referring to trading 60s for 60s. I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like. It also sounds like a horrible idea (mostly because it is).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

think he's referring to trading 60s for 60s. I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like. It also sounds like a horrible idea (mostly because it is).

yeah bro its not like to sell my hero for money.. i know that is not allowed =]

@Darkrasp sry you don't understand me .. my English is bad

here is what i want to say :

this is one quote that i find before krno s start this function on their site 

Quote

I feel like Kronos's character trade auction is the best kept secret of Twinstar. Many of us have rolled a class we thought we'd enjoy but soon realized it was not what we really wanted to play. In comes the Character Trade Auction.

For like $3.50 us dollars you can trade your character securely with another player through their character trade system on Twinstar.cz. Unlike doing this through forums, it's completely safe since you aren't swapping accounts, but actually trading character while retaining your account. It also comes with a free character rename.

Anyways, my friend was about to quit after hitting level 40 and realizing that the class he picked was not what he actually wanted to play, but couldn't motivate himself to re-roll again from level 1. So he just traded his character for the class he wanted and only spent a few dollars to do it.

I wish more servers had this system. It's amazing. I'm sharing this hoping that this will prevent others from quitting after picking a class they no longer wish to play.

it will be nice if later add it here to

Edited by loonbg
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, loonbg said:

yeah bro its not like to sell my hero for money.. i know that is not allowed =]

@Darkrasp sry you don't understand me .. my English is bad

here is what i want to say :

this is one quote that i find before krno s start this function on their site 

it will be nice if later add it here to

I understood what you meant the first time. I think the idea is horrible. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darkrasp and the guys are very familiar with the Kronos system, it's come up a few times before. They're saying no to trading characters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nostalrius really screwed up with its population. In their eagerness to push records, they ignored the fact that the game wasn't designed to cram so many people on 1 realm in the first place. The original game had 3,500 players, with a queue lock if a server went over. It was set for this, not just because of hardware, but because of zone sizes, mob counts, respawn timers, etc. When Nostalrius cranked this up to 10-15 THOUSAND, every area was over packed, areas too crowded, towns grieved out, everything at 60 over camped. It was a disaster, and rather than open up more servers then take transfers, they went for selectively reducing respawn times (which they only did a year after it was needed, and never covered everything that needed it).

I will agree that 3,500 is too small, and only set because of Blizzard's hardware, but 7k (2x), should be enough. If a server is at this cap, we should just get a new realm which accepts transfers. Hundreds would transfer on the spot to dump a queue, feeding the new realm. The game world can only house so many players, and this includes cities, which were over packed to hell on Nostalrius.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Drain said:

Nostalrius really screwed up with its population. In their eagerness to push records, they ignored the fact that the game wasn't designed to cram so many people on 1 realm in the first place. The original game had 3,500 players, with a queue lock if a server went over. It was set for this, not just because of hardware, but because of zone sizes, mob counts, respawn timers, etc. When Nostalrius cranked this up to 10-15 THOUSAND, every area was over packed, areas too crowded, towns grieved out, everything at 60 over camped. It was a disaster, and rather than open up more servers then take transfers, they went for selectively reducing respawn times (which they only did a year after it was needed, and never covered everything that needed it).

I will agree that 3,500 is too small, and only set because of Blizzard's hardware, but 7k (2x), should be enough. If a server is at this cap, we should just get a new realm which accepts transfers. Hundreds would transfer on the spot to dump a queue, feeding the new realm. The game world can only house so many players, and this includes cities, which were over packed to hell on Nostalrius.

I agree, 7k sounds about right! Nost was getting real laggy at 12k and the starting zones were overcrowded. However I loved the fact that there were always people around you - finding groups for the elite quests and dungeons was quite easy, the queue times for BGs were very low too.

Kronos was getting there but the DDoS attacks killed half the population.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0