Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inari

Crestfall Gaming Discord Q&A - July 30th, 19:00 GMT+2

72 posts in this topic

looks like a semi-necro to me though :D

Edited by valaquenta

We will set the player limit to 6000 per realm, this might change in the far future but as you pointed out yourself the Vanilla zones are too small for bigger amounts so another realm is the better solution.

Keep also in mind that we use the proper view distance settings on Crestfall which depend on the zone/map, this requires additional resources on both sides.

I honestly don't know if Asura published this piece of information yet but you will be able to decrease the SERVER SIDED view distance in our account manager (Auto / 120 / 60). This will be interesting for players with weak hardware and/or a bad connection. This is another special feature of Crestfall.

36 minutes ago, Crogge said:

We will set the player limit to 6000 per realm, this might change in the far future but as you pointed out yourself the Vanilla zones are too small for bigger amounts so another realm is the better solution.

Keep also in mind that we use the proper view distance settings on Crestfall which depend on the zone/map, this requires additional resources on both sides.

I honestly don't know if Asura published this piece of information yet but you will be able to decrease the SERVER SIDED view distance in our account manager (Auto / 120 / 60). This will be interesting for players with weak hardware and/or a bad connection. This is another special feature of Crestfall.

Cmon man do it like Nost, i really liked the overcrowding because the world pvp battles were epic

6 minutes ago, Nostrils said:

Cmon man do it like Nost, i really liked the overcrowding because the world pvp battles were epic

No, you won't like it, because any farmable spot will be too crowded to ever be farmable.
And its gonna be a nightmare for quests with mobs that have a longer respawn timer.
Its a very, very bad idea to go beyond 5k-6k player base on vanilla server.

How are you guys sure that we gonna have 7k people online? What are your expectations?

I am not, i'm actually pretty confident with 3k-4k and i'll be very happy if it doesn't exceeds that.
Because that's more than enough population for a vanilla server.
Vanilla, like many others said before, its not meant to be played by more than 3000-3500 players in one server

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

most of ppl want 7k + (bcs its fun and always will have ppl for quests dungeons and etc ) but crestfall team tell it many times  : 6k is max and other will ruin gameplay with so overpop realm

24 minutes ago, loonbg said:

most of ppl want 7k + (bcs its fun and always will have ppl for quests dungeons and etc ) but crestfall team tell it many times  : 6k is max and other will ruin gameplay with so overpop realm

I played on Nost PvE with a population of 3000-3500 and i have always found groups for quests, dungeons and raids.
its not that hard
Vanilla was made for 3k-4k population

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

1 minute ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I played on Nost PvE with a population of 3000-3500 and i have always found groups for quests, dungeons and raids.
its not that hard

Never play on PvE realm bcs i'm addicted to PvP part of the game (wpvp or bgs)

you want 3.5k other ppl want 8-10k then 6k is normal lol

1 minute ago, loonbg said:

Never play on PvE realm bcs i'm addicted to PvP part of the game (wpvp or bgs)

you want 3.5k other ppl want 8-10k then 6k is normal lol

naa other people don't know what they are talking about or never played retail vanila lol, retail vanilla had population limit of 3000-3500, never more than that.

On Nost pve there was alot of pvp too, not so much world pvp ofc but battlegrounds were lots of fun indeed

21 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

naa other people don't know what they are talking about or never played retail vanila lol, retail vanilla had population limit of 3000-3500, never more than that.

On Nost pve there was alot of pvp too, not so much world pvp ofc but battlegrounds were lots of fun indeed

Retail didn't have people trained to rush to 60 within a week either. The pop numbers worked back then because people were spread over all the levels evenly. What worked on retail will result in empty-feeling lower to mid level zones, and a ton of max level people running 60 dungeons or standing in capital cities.

18 minutes ago, Krueger said:

Retail didn't have people trained to rush to 60 within a week either. The pop numbers worked back then because people were spread over all the levels evenly. What worked on retail will result in empty-feeling lower to mid level zones, and a ton of max level people running 60 dungeons or standing in capital cities.

no, you don't understand, the quests, the zones, were made for 3000-3500 people at max in mind.
Do you undestand now my friend ?

Is not a problem 6k or 3k. The question is, can we reach these numbers or not?. If we can have 3k all the time, i'm ok with that, and I hope we all are.

Edited by Anevnut

9 minutes ago, Anevnut said:

Is not a problem 6k or 3k. The question is, can we reach these numbers or not?. If we can have 3k all the time, i'm ok with that, and I hope we all are.

Edited by Anevnut

2 hours ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

No, you won't like it, because any farmable spot will be too crowded to ever be farmable.
And its gonna be a nightmare for quests with mobs that have a longer respawn timer.
Its a very, very bad idea to go beyond 5k-6k player base on vanilla server.

Dude i had no trouble farming in Nost because of the overcrowding, the problem was the chinese farming 24/7

42 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

no, you don't understand, the quests, the zones, were made for 3000-3500 people at max in mind.
Do you undestand now my friend ?

Yea I get that but I don't think it's a real problem. Questing when Nost was still new with 10k people on wasn't unplayable, you just had to be smart about it. Mass invite people for anything that can be done in a group, if there's a real bottleneck quest just save it for non peak hours, etc. I am sure that the problems resulting from a blizzlike pop would be far worse than that of a overpopulated one.

5 minutes ago, Nostrils said:

Dude i had no trouble farming in Nost because of the overcrowding, the problem was the chinese farming 24/7

i disagree but chinese population is something i can relate to, had that in Nost PvE too

Can i ask is beta out yet for crestfall? Reading posts about people discussing their UI's and addons, being new here i was just wondering if beta was here already?

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Can i ask is beta out yet for crestfall? Reading posts about people discussing their UI's and addons, being new here i was just wondering if beta was here already?

Thanks.

You just need to read the weekly updates and you'll know what's happening as of now.
At the moment beta is still not available so we'll have to wait a bit more(problaby 2-3 weeks minimum).
Don't take my word for granted though

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Are non-blizzlike tweaks completely out of question?

For example, dungeon boss drops that are completely useless and have no niche, could these be buffed or changed?

World chests and encounters of the mobs around it are  faceroll easy and the chest loot is all trash, could this be changed to be more challenging and rewarding?

Most of the BOE blue items that are almost as useless as grays, can these be buffed so they are more sought after?

Useless mechanics in general, can they buffed to be relevant?

Also... resists were extremely lacking in both vanilla/BC and any high profile private servers I played, and PvP curses that removed resistances were salt to the wounds. Will it be viable to stack a bit of resist for PvP?

I ask these because in the FAQ it was stated that dungeon bosses and some raid bosses' difficulty would be tweaked to be more challenging to retain a "vanilla feel" and I'm just wondering where the line of that gray area is since the general feel is to make this server Blizzlike.

Edited by riplip

On 29/9/2016 at 0:04 AM, Flashback said:

Thanks.

We're just getting settled in, meeting people and slowly forming a community.

No news on beta yet, although closed beta (the first phase, with open following) should be soon-ish.

There will be an application form and announcements when it happens, you won't miss it.

On 27/09/2016 at 7:59 AM, ClawzTheMeow said:

wasn't the cap on vanilla realms like 2000-2500 not 3000-3500? or is my memory failing me horrendously? :D for some reason i thought it was less then that... either way i think i would probably be happy with 2 - 3k. that would probably still be decently easy to get groups and stuff and experience the content. but personally i liked the craziness of nost PvP. atleast for a little while until there was hundreds of evil smelly hordies in contested zones constantly owning me :P