Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Blog 8/14/2017

7 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Alright, I think that's enough for now.  I'm working late shift the next two days, then going backpacking for a few more.  I'll be in the woods for four days with no tech higher than a sharp knife, so I won't be around for the next week or so.  Depending on what happens in the following week, I may or may not delay my next blog post depending on whether or not I have time to get anything of substance done after I get back.  I'll let you know when I return, for now we'll say I'm going to keep the schedule and my next post will be Monday, August 28th, subject to change.  As always, feel free to ask questions or leave comments below, and thanks again for your continued interest in Crestfall.

Have fun with that. Going for a long walk does recharge the batteries on some occasions.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Planks said:

As always, feel free to ask questions or leave comments below

and ull get respond -> smoke signals from wood;) 

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

It bugs out because it's looking for quest details that don't exist, since the player never actually accepted the quest in the first place.  I spent a few hours on this one and the best conclusion I can come to is that either there is some alternate version or way of building of one of these packets that just isn't documented, or there's a whole different packet that I don't know about.

I noticed (probably this bug) such bugs on other servers aswell, e.g. it always shows a golden "?" as if I would have completed the repeatable quest, which I did not.

I hope we are talking about the same bug here^^

9 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I'll be in the woods for four days with no tech higher than a sharp knife

57f23fd81b00007f08ef3fad.jpeg?cache=xrgk

Thanks for the update. Jealous you get head out in to the wilderness. I could use a trip like that.

2 hours ago, Retrac47 said:

Thanks for the update. Jealous you get head out in to the wilderness. I could use a trip like that.

@Darkraspgetting head out in the wilderness...

hopefully darkrasp tests the pathfinding in the real world and try shooting a deer with a bow through a giant tree stump.. i wonder what the results would be. 

feelstinfoilyface.png

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

We're currently looking at ways to address that and speed things back up, when we get something figured out we'll make an announcement, whether it's moving around some people, bringing on new people, or something more.. radical.

Lock Asura in a room like in Misery and force him to finish his masterpiece. ^_^

1 hour ago, imbaslap said:

hopefully darkrasp tests the pathfinding in the real world and try shooting a deer with a bow through a giant tree stump.. i wonder what the results would be.

Yes, and test leashing/aggro reset range too by stabbing that bear and running away.

Edited by Lilaina

Posted (edited)

Thank you for an update.

Looks like the server is in the fridge right now cos Asura got better things to do and even Darkrasp is going on vacation. It's all fine guys, but I think you should announce that 2017 launch is no longer possible. There simply won't be enough time for proper open beta this year.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work! :)

# in case I'm wrong, just ignore this post.

Edited by Macu

I've also seen other servers having gold question mark "complete" quests, probably stock mangos/trinity fix, guess they couldn't figure it out either.

Take care in the woods, and try not to aggro many mobs okay? Although, it would be interesting to see how the charge mechanic works IRL,

wonder if you would fall through the ground until you reach the core :D

On 15. 8. 2017 at 2:44 PM, Soyoen said:

57f23fd81b00007f08ef3fad.jpeg?cache=xrgk

The nostrils always looked like eyes to me.

GoIs2uQ.jpg

Thanks for the update. And now I read another update is coming on Sunday/Monday!?  Surrounded by mystery of course haha, never a dull moment around here.  Based off your first paragraph hints as to what it might be and Crogge's thing there, I think you chose the latter route.  Best of luck, enjoy your weekend man.  

Posted (edited)

@Darkrasp Thx for the update on stuff you guys don't really need to tell us, at least you're showing us u guys care alot about the project and don't want people to panick.

Also.. beware... bears are everywhere ! :ph34r:

Edited by ClawzTheMeow