Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veritch

Loyalty bonus

Yay or Nay   40 members have voted

1. 1. 1 week gold pass

• Yay
    • Nay

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have heard launch weeks are pretty hectic times in legacy server realms. Crowded starting areas, server lag, everything is slow going for everyone.  Not sure if development would support such an idea, but what about the possibility of a Gold Pass Loyalty Reward for CF community members 😁.  Part of the CF online community? Get 1 week early access so you can miss the flood of players on launch day.  It would serve the dual purpose of lightening the load of all the other players coming online the following week 😉.  The answer is always no if you dont ask, so I'm asking!

Bad idea. Those stumbling upon Crestfall for the first time try to join and they have to wait a week because they didn't know of it 6 months ago will reduce their chances of playing on the server.

I am not interested in any gimmicks. And I don't want any of this to start either. Besides, if a ton of people did this idea it would defeat the purpose behind it anyways. Granted, having to wait or fight for mobs is never fun. But sometimes that is just how things go. I have dealt with it before, and I will deal with it again. 

This would almost be worth it just for the amount of butthurt it would cause on reddit but nah, not worth the hassle. How would you define a CF community member anyway? Post count? Post/reputation ratio? Just having a forum account? Some people have probably lurked for ages too but haven't posted anything and some people prefer discord. Probably too much effort to make a list of people who count as "part of the community".

I think I've said this b4 somewhere but I'd prefer that they just give a rough estimate when the server launches instead of an exact time so that player would trickle in over the day instead of everyone trying to log in at the same time.

what exactly are you trying to pull here?

Posted (edited)

That would completely screw over the whole server-first folks, and then orchestrating such a system would be a massive pain in the arse (think about all the bitching and complaining).

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

I'd rather they just gave me a week pass and then everyone else joins on time. Sounds better :)

Edited by Eyedie

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to being a V.I.P, but this is gonna cause more trouble than it's worth. It'll fix the issues you listed (I assume) but it'll cause another, perhaps bigger, problem. Backlash. Backlash from wowservers.

I'm sure we'll figure out some other way(s) to reward ourselves for being forum OG's. Hopefully ways that won't make other people wowservers unhappy.

As for the problem of launch week being what it is, I don't think anything should really be done. At least not by the developers. I feel like this is a problem we need to deal with as players. Maybe we'll need to be a bit more competitive with questing the first week. So be it, I say. Lag might be something we'll just have to deal with.

Keep in mind we still don't know how successful the hype campaign will be. Many people might just stick to whatever servers they're already playing on at the time. For all we know us forum regulars might be the only ones to even attempt to play during launch week.

Okay, so to me it seems you'd like to be one of the first people to set foot the server yet not deal with the of thousands of players flooding in. It's either on or the other. If you want a less packed levelling you give up being there first and delay yourself by a week, not others. If you want to be one of the first then do that with every likeminded perosn. Atleast that's how I see it.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Zito said:

Bad idea. Those stumbling upon Crestfall for the first time try to join and they have to wait a week because they didn't know of it 6 months ago will reduce their chances of playing on the server.

It may also dishearten some.There are better ways to help overcrowded starting zones, like make 2 realms with 3k cap and then merge them after 2 months.

Edited by dailybs

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, dailybs said:

It may also dishearten some.There are better ways to help overcrowded starting zones, like make 2 realms with 3k cap and then merge them after 2 months.

That is the weirdest idea I have ever seen in my life for Private Servers. But at the same time, amazing. Doubt it would happen. But either way, if you can't deal with the tide of people. Don't play on the first server within a few weeks. Just be prepared to be ganked instead in STV. Its a lose / lose situation. Live with it, as similarly stated by Clavus. 

Edited by Eyedie

28 minutes ago, dailybs said:

make 2 realms with 3k cap and then merge them after 2 months.

stock-photo-14997744-irritated-man-with-

Words that trigger Velox:

2 realms

merge

2 hours ago, dailybs said:

Or dont do what Elysium did by opening a fresh realm a month after Elysium launched... Besides, Crestfall already said there will be around a 6k player cap so it would make sense for them to have two pvp realms and a pve realm.

On the topic of 1 week grace period for "loyalty" members, this is practically p2w since youll have a bunch of people at level 30-40+ after a week who will have free control over all the nodes and rare spawns... 

Yeah, terrible idea OP.  Whats wrong with you! I'm with you guys

This thread has reached the dark side pretty fast.
Starting with a 1 week gold pass then 2 servers merging into one after 2 months.
What's next?
Free cookies?
You guys are.... animals.. !

On 19. 8. 2017 at 2:09 AM, Devair said:

lol no.

^