Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grung

Linked battlegrounds and (eventually) arenas and group finder?

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody!  After seeing today's announcement in /r/wowservers (which I only read and do not post to), I came back to the forums and started playing catch-up.  So far, Crestfall looks like it could easily become the legacy WoW community that I've always dreamed of but "big B" refuses to provide.

I've looked at the FAQ and I have one question that I didn't see addressed.  But first, a giant THANK YOU for having the foresight to open PvP and PvE servers!!

Are there any plans to cross-link the server's battlegrounds, arenas and dungeon/raid group finders?  Even if the PvE server's population dropped to triple digit figures, this would ensure a sufficient pool of players to keep instanced PvP and PvE lively.

Keep up the great work, devs!

Edited by Grung

i would prefer that when they get to wrath they disable LFD

same for TBC's LFG thingy, though the chat channel is fine

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forums anyhow! Hmmm, there isn't any definite answer to this due to the ideal that it will become PTE, but within Vanilla there was no such thing and therefore 99% chance that it will not be implemented. Personally, I wouldn't mind BGs or arenas being cross-linked like Horde of the PvP vs Alliance of the PvE realm (the faction doesn't mix), but I hate the idea of Dungeon Finder or whatever it is called. You can ninja + be a dick + anything else bad just because no one in that group is from your realm. Vanilla thrived in my opinion in that people had certain Reputations. One guy might be a very good PuG leader that will clear Molten Core and Blackwing Lair with few issues, one guy is a ninja, the other is a PvP god. The more you introduce cross-realm activities, the more this kind of environment dies.

TBC I believe introduced cross-realm BGs? So I wouldn't see why it couldn't be implemented for those servers. But i'll leave that expansion for those who know more than me to answer. I personally am only interested in  Vanilla until the PTE makes the server i'm on go from Vanilla to TBC (after Naxx ofc). Then you have to consider Wrath aswell! :/

It's still months of release mind - with possible changes expected from each of Darkrasp's updates. So you never know. But don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Eyedie

13 minutes ago, Eyedie said:

Welcome to the forums anyhow! Hmmm, there isn't any definite answer to this due to the ideal that it will become PTE, but within Vanilla there was no such thing and therefore 99% chance that it will not be implemented. Personally, I wouldn't mind BGs or arenas being cross-linked like Horde of the PvP vs Alliance of the PvE realm (the faction doesn't mix), but I hate the idea of Dungeon Finder or whatever it is called. You can ninja + be a dick + anything else bad just because no one in that group is from your realm. Vanilla thrived in my opinion in that people had certain Reputations. One guy might be a very good PuG leader that will clear Molten Core and Blackwing Lair with few issues, one guy is a ninja, the other is a PvP god. The more you introduce cross-realm activities, the more this kind of environment dies.

TBC I believe introduced cross-realm BGs? So I wouldn't see why it couldn't be implemented for those servers. But i'll leave that expansion for those who know more than me to answer. I personally am only interested in  Vanilla until the PTE makes the server i'm on go from Vanilla to TBC (after Naxx ofc). Then you have to consider Wrath aswell! :/

It's still months of release mind - with possible changes expected from each of Darkrasp's updates. So you never know. But don't get your hopes up.

LOL don't worry, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for anything or developing any preconceptions...just curious to know if this has been discussed publicly.

Arenas came out in TBC and the dungeon finder + linked realm battlegroups weren't released until patch 3.3.0, so the only cross-linked element in vanilla would be battlegrounds.  A lot of PvE players don't seem enthusiastic about playing AV or AB or WG, so connected BGs would be a very welcome feature during Crestfall's vanilla phase.

But if it doesn't happen then it's not a big deal.  It'd just be a nice enhancement.

Posted (edited)

That would make me quit right away so I hope not. I'm of the opinion that having multiple servers only does harm to the already small playerbase.

Edited by Terpsichore

Turning off RDF can be great - can strengthen the community! For someone, it will be great, communication with people, organization, etc. But for some "lazy" people that can be a minus... But as for everything else, there will always be 2 sides.