Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grung

Thoughts on additional flight points?

Posted (edited)

This is pretty much just me dreaming out loud, but most of the Pserver community has been playing vanilla for years, and I get the feeling that a lot of them would be enthusiastic about some added convenience to help speed them through the lower levels.

In Cataclysm, a lot of new flight points were added which I thought were badly needed ever since I played retail vanilla.  This is not a complete list but these were the most helpful for levelers:

Tirisfal Glades

• Brill
  • The Bulwark

Mulgore

• Bloodhoof Village

Durotar

• Razor Hill
  • Senjin Village

Elwynn Forest

• Goldshire

Darkshire

• Raven Hill

Stranglethorn Vale

• Rebel Camp

Dun Morogh

• Kharanos

Desolace

• Ghost Walker Post

Devs - Do you think you'd consider implementing these flight points to help ease that low-level pain of spending so much time running?

Everyone else - Good idea for convenience?  Or bad idea because it breaks away from the feel of legacy WoW?

Edited by Grung

Posted (edited)

If they implemented this aswell release date might be 2031 instead of 2030! :o

On a serious note, if you introduce stuff that is non-blizzlike like Flight Paths, why don't you just changes loads of stuff like WSG tree stumps, lower respec costs ... Yeah you probably get the point. It's a domino effect. It would definitely make things easier but then I don't play Vanilla WoW cause I want it easy. I want to know that everyone I am raiding with has put the time and dedication into leveling their character like I have. Maybe we should have the flight paths of pre 1.5.0 haha!

Flight Paths Edit

• New Horde Flight Paths
    • Valormok in Azshara - Bloodvenom Post in Felwood* Kargath in Badlands - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge* Flame Crest in Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge* Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad - Revantusk Village in Hinterlands* Revantusk Village in Hinterlands
  • New Alliance Flight Paths
    • Ironforge - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge* Morgan's Vigil in the Burning Steppes - Thorium Point in Searing Gorge

That would drive everyone insane trying to get to Molten Core or Blackwing Lair with World Buffs! ^^

Edited by Eyedie

26 minutes ago, Eyedie said:

Maybe we should have the flight paths of pre 1.5.0

I support this.

7 hours ago, Grung said:

added convenience

No, thanks.

1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

No, thanks.

This.

IMHO Blizzard's piling up of changes and additions for convenience's sake was what eventually broke immersion. Gotta have to work in it a little for a world to be credible. Sort of like the different Matrix versions, y'know?

>Vanilla
>Added convenience

Something doesn't check out here.

For me, problem is not flight points...its graveyards. Ghostrunning....

Vanilla includes a lot of walking with flight paths being a secondary form of travel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You add just a single little quality of life change. Not so bad, right? Then you add another. And then another, and another, and all of a sudden you ruined your game. Or you made Legion, it was one of the two.

That is if the first QoL feature wasn't one that heavily affected the game all on its own.

If you're gonna bite into Vanilla you need to make sure you can chew it. If one finds it too tough and stringy they can always try retail. It's mush at this point. I highly doubt anyone who is "enthusiastic" about speeding up their leveling process in such a way would even be that interested in Vanilla, granted they know what they're getting into.