Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

RIP Zul'Dare

RIP Zul'Darians, what a community we could of been.

Not saying that Elysium won't open a second PvE server on the PTE branch in the future (who knows at this point) but it seems unlikely since they already operate one. I know many of us were here particularly because it wasn't Elysium, so this news pretty much skewers any chance of a fresh PvE server for us any time soon, especially a PTE one.

I for one have no intention of playing, contributing towards the testing of or even joining the forum over at Elysium. I'm going to take a break from the P-server scene entirely for a few years and recharge the batteries, see where things are further down the line.

Will simply chalk this one down as yet another disappointing end to a promising project.

See you all on reddit I guess.

I simply don't have enough information, nor do I keep up on all things p-server to make a broad statement like "I'm quitting on you for good". But the vision I had for over a year of what I wanted when it came to WoW, it's impossible to think today's news won't drastically affect said vision. Time will tell.

Thanks for the loads of info and all the laughs. 

I came here because it was the only hope of a PvE server following the death of Nost...when it came back under Elysium I was torn between resuming on there, and waiting for CF. (a toss-up between lower quality lvling now or higher quality lvling later)

In the end, RL intervened in the form of moving house (from a crap town to a good city), which I knew would lead to new hobbies and kick vanilla raiding into touch for good. (plus I was still concerned that CF's accelerated raid schedule would screw me over in terms of finding a guild and gearing up etc. due to RL slowing down my ride to 60).

So I decided to cut my losses, resume lvling my hunter (from 40) over Chrimbo and raid on my lock for a little while until the move took place in Feb. (which had the expected outcome...I go out more than I stay in now, so I quit raiding and eventually the game)

I still miss it from time to time, but I know I cannot go back. However I've still been watching, wanting this server to succeed, and it'd be a shame if this promising PvE community doesn't get to exist now.

I wanted to experience PTE without the borderline sociopaths of the PVP server world :(

15 minutes ago, Hevra said:

I wanted to experience PTE without the borderline sociopaths of the PVP server world :(

Same here. 

I guess we wait what Elysium management will do when the time comes. 

But in all honesty, if they will not open a PTE PVE server, I will probably just quit the wow private server scene in general. 

It makes me angry seeing the possibilities of an awesome PvE realm being reduced to only a glimpse of hope.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, WingziuM said:

But in all honesty, if they will not open a PTE PVE server, I will probably just quit the wow private server scene in general. 

Oh that's a given. PTE PvE or no me. 

And even then...

Edited by Ugondiss

Bet they won't be opening one.

Thanks Crestfall.

Yeah I'm pretty much on board here. I didn't find Crestfall because it was going to be the best server out there + PTE, I found it because it was the only place that had a PvE server(Note I started looking after Nost died). My limited Pserver experienced on PvP servers were an exercise in frustration. If Crestfall doesn't get a PvE home over at Elysium, I'm just going to sit that one out and forget about it.

So Crestfall can't be PvE instead?

2 PvP servers already on Elysium. Why not make Darrowshire PvE and Crestfall PvE?

Posted (edited)

I don't mind there being a Crestfall PVP server, in fact, I think there *should* be one, because those weirdos people who enjoy being ganked have spent as much time and emotional investment waiting for a quality PTE experience as us people who like to quest in peace, I just hope that:

- we get a PVE server

- Elysium don't use the fact PVE servers tend to be less popular to then, 6 months down the line, open transfers from their overpopulated ream or merge us with the Crestfall PVP realm in an 'it's for your own good, you'll thank us later' way

Edited by Hevra

5 hours ago, Hevra said:

- Elysium don't use the fact PVE servers tend to be less popular to then, 6 months down the line, open transfers from their overpopulated ream or merge us with the Crestfall PVP realm in an 'it's for your own good, you'll thank us later' way

I think that's one of the two or three major problems so many have with this news. It could launch in good faith, and for awhile all seem according to plan... but eventually, for some reason, "Darrow'Dare" is going to happen. How can it not?

I thought they said it was going to be PvE, maybe I read it wrong in the comments.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'll probably still wait and see what becomes of this down the road.  I accept that I don't know all the details behind everything and why it happened.  Truth is though that I dont have any other options for something as pure as what this project could still potentially be so I'll give it a shot when it launches.  Hope to see some of you there.  

I probably won't register at the elysium forums for a while, at least until some timeline announcements have been made.  I'm only really interested in the PvE realm so if that doesn't get made, I probably won't pick it up like some of you have stated.  I'll hang around here for a while to pick up some news here and there.  Anyway, hope to see some of you there to maybe build a guild of Crestfallen.  In fact, thats what we should name it, Crestfallen.  Adios for now.

Edited by Veritch

Hold up! When did they say that they won't open Crestfall PvE server :o

Last I heard CF devs said there was nothing to indicate them being against the PvE server...