Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valaquenta

A sum-up of all that happened yesterday

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Guess I'll just copy what I said on Reddit.

Exellent summery. The fact of the matter is that much isn't changing, Crestfall will work as it has been doing for the last year, just they'll be a division under Elysium. The main difference is that Crestfall wont have it's own website or realmlist, and they'll have more GMs to answer tickets, the actual server will be largely unchanged.

I think it's a matter of pride more than anything else, it's the same product, but now it has the Elysium brand stamped on it, some people find it hard to get over that, which is understandable.

As to the people who think this change will some how lower the quality of Crestfall, or introduce bots and gold seller spam, they don't really understand what's going on here.

Objectively, Crestfall will be in a stronger position than what they would be otherwise, it's just swallowing the fact that it's Elysium that's hard part, even so, I trust Elysium more than I trust all the other P.servers like Twin-Star, Atlantiss, Warmane, etc. You've gotta remember Elysium have removed a lot of their bad apples and that they're still Humans over there.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

11 minutes ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

Humans

Disgusting. Troll master race.

Again stupid decision, like previous attempt. Guess that partnership of CF co-owners from beginning was doomed, but I really don't know is the fault.

I knew the moment this happened, that anyone against it would be branded as elitists or whiners for not wanting Elysium. Lay off with trying to make any opposition sound illigitimate or that they dont know what they're talking about just because they don't agree with you.

28 minutes ago, Elicas said:

A huge amount of faith is required to see this as a positive.

To hell with faith.  We'll have obvious results to go by:  I predict that, if Elysium still has crooked management, they'll start to issue demands regarding Crestfall features that would interfere with any under the table dealings they might still be doing: the VPN block will be the first to go.

If the VPN block goes live, then maybe this isn't hopeless.

Wau...im amazed that u think ppl misinterpret announcement.And why do u keep telling us "Asura is not quiting"? Anyone wrote smthing about Asura quiting? I dont think so. Mayor problem here is ,u can guess, again, Elysium.There is nothing "elitist" bout it, its just actions,...past actions.How many ppl were so uber fcking excited when LGN was annouced?Too many. And what we got few days later?.... Point is, stop thinking were elitist, or stupid idk(little harsh but...).

Here, Wyke summed it all

Wykeunchained

• Private
  •  
  • Wykeunchained
  • 7 posts

Sorry to say that this is me done with the private realm scene for the long term for a number of reasons.

Crestfall offered a true PTE experience, even if it was not yet complete, and now the management and control of the project is being handed to Elysium without a single consideration for the people following the project.  I have played Elysium and before that valkyrie.  I walked away from the elysium project entirely because of the drama over the ownership and gold transfers ect.  I have friends that still play there and even though the management has changed the underlying issues are still obvious, such as gold selling, bots and the ability to hack at will with no threat of punishment.  I have witnessed first hand a friend of mine running bot software and hacks well over 3 months ago when I was still playing and his account is still live and active.  This is why I no longer play there.  I dont care if the odd person slips through the net, that happens, but its clear to me the Elysium staff just dont react even when players are reported by players.  Things may have changed in that time but I seriously doubt it.  I came to this project as I had faith it would be a high quality private realm, and that belief has now been removed.

I am sure the realm will launch successfully due to the infrastructure changes, and probably much faster, but I simply have no faith in the ability of Elysium management to recruit competent and trustworthy GM's.  I dont want to play on a realm where reports of botting are ignored, I dont want to play on realms where I am inundated with gold selling spam and I dont want to play on a realm that has no consideration for retail population levels.  Handing over control means you lose all of those selling points.  Elysium has already shown that they react to player demand, with the release of extra realms that are now merging again, with no care for the actual player experience.  I dont want to play on a realm with 9k people, I want a realistic experience.

I have a serious question for @Asura, @Darkrasp and @Crogge.  I know there were already links with elysium, BUT was any other alternative discussed or investigated?  If the management of the project was the cause of the delays and set-backs, was searching for a new project lead ever investigated? and if not why not?

The issue I have is that you narrowing the private server scene down to a select few choices.  You have warmane realms, twinstar realms, elysium realms and a few individual smaller projects.  If blizz wanted to they can target 90% of all realms now by focusing on just 3 main set-ups.  You take out the projects mentioned (and yes its possible regardless of their location and ownership) and you remove 95% of all private realm space.  You are making the target easier to hit and the impact more severe.

I wish you had communicated your plans with your followers in advance, many here could have offered input, suggestions, advice and help.  As it stands you made an internal decision, without consultation from your followers.  I dont trust elysium to follow your original mission goal, I dont trust them to not merge realms, I dont trust them to provide high quality service.  

So from me a final goodbye from this project, and possibly the private realm scene altogether.  

I wish you all luck in the future with your lives and the the project as a whole, but I have lost all interest since this public announcement.

11 hours ago, Scylla said:

vala's such a SHILL omg

Dont come to infect please

"haha good ol friend nice to see you here, right shill ? wink wink"

On 23.8.2017 at 2:36 PM, Req said:

Dont come to infect please

"haha good ol friend nice to see you here, right shill ? wink wink"

wink wink

I have faith in this. I think it's for the best. CF really can use more man power right now.

15 hours ago, Xantros said:

It seems like some people just don't get it and can't be helped. Elysium will OWN Crestfall and everything that relates to it. If you OWN something, even if others are using it, working on it, you the OWNER has the final say in it. So if you decide to pull the plug or restrict/ban/change anything then you can, because, gasp!!!!! you OWN it. THIS RIGHT HERE is the main problem and since we have yet to see any so-called improvements around the Elysium staff (just look at some of the negative posts over at Elysium forums getting deleted in the "Welcomse Crestfall thread" - hah oh the irony), it will remain a problem until it actually changes for the better.

IMHO Elysium gets too many freebies and I don't see why they are the "torch carriers" when they have and still are a sub-par server with bad management and shaky credibility. I also don't get why Kronos/Twinstar was never on the radar for most people. I played there and the fixes/community was amazing until the Nost migration. Now its gold-sellers everywhere and doomed economy - but its still better fixed than Elysiums... so think about this for a bit.

except elysium staff dont have ownership of the crestfall server core, did you even read the post

why would crestfall continue to operate so far outside of the conditions proposed in the agreement they finalized before the merge? why wouldnt they just say fuck it and shut it down if elysium were undermining the original agreement that badly?

kronos/twinstar wasn't on the radar for anyone because their server core is absolute dogshit and they havent had proper scripting in ever, not to mention the entire point of their twinstar system is to make money off the backs of the pserver community, because they are actually a business first and foremost. they dont even have proper ddos protection and the server goes down the minute 1 salty bulgarian with a LOIC decides to blast it and their server IP.

youre quick to completely disregard elysium as a server because their forums arent a regulated hugbox like here and because of the whole vitaly/alex garbage that transpired months ago and has since been addressed, yet you dont even have faith in the devs of this project to set terms and stick to them in regards to the merge?

the fact that this entire forum community sees elysium as this big bad power figure that bullies everyone and anyone into submission is fucking laughable

Finding it amusing that Darks last post in locking the main thread about this is essentially to tell the core of the community here to go fuck themselves.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Finding it amusing that Darks last post in locking the main thread about this is essentially to tell the core of the community here to go fuck themselves.

Finding it amusing that you've become such an entitled guy...funny how people can change.

Edited by valaquenta

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, valaquenta said:

Finding it amusing that you've become such an entitled guy...funny how people can change.

Well, why to close the Crestfall-Update-topic in the first place? There were many productive discussions on it - and it's really hard to put out a final statement in that lengthy attitude like Darkrasp did and in the same moment stripping the community of the chance to relate and answer to it... this is simply not good and leads to even more frustration, because it is essentially the same as to say "go fuck yourselves" (Because this is the only way for a community to openly discuss and to form itself - in the same way it is poison to delete stuff which thankfully never happened here). Even if Elicas is maybe somewhat biased because of his former involvement in a project he can no longer relate to (just guessing, could be wrong), it's another thing and wrong to deny his post any meaning behind personal frustration - because this is what you essentially do and imply when you simply attack him on a personal level in a manner as if that could refute his post.

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, valaquenta said:

I haven't demanded a thing.

I'm entitled to the devs respect for the amount of work I put into the project. Even having been inactive and on holiday recently, I still account for just over 40% of all bug reports on the internal Mantis tracker. It's likely by the time the server is in a position to release my contribution will probably still be some 5-10% of everything reported/fixed. In their personal conversations with me, Dark and Asura continue to treat me with respect. As far as I'm concerned, they have and continue to treat me with everything I'm entitled to.

Edited by Elicas

28 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I haven't demanded a thing.

I'm entitled to the devs respect for the amount of work I put into the project. Even having been inactive and on holiday recently, I still account for just over 40% of all bug reports on the internal Mantis tracker. It's likely by the time the server is in a position to release my contribution will probably still be some 5-10% of everything reported/fixed. In their personal conversations with me, Dark and Asura continue to treat me with respect. As far as I'm concerned, they have and continue to treat me with everything I'm entitled to.

I wasn't a super big fan of the elysium merge either (although I'll admit that it doesn't bother me nearly as muh), but between this and the project shutdown, it's a no-brainer really. I know you were a big help during the development process, but try to put yourselves in Asura's and Darkrasp's position: Asura's American and just witnessed what happened to Felmyst, Darkrasp and him both have to deal with a lot of shit, hate from a lot of people (Crogge too), now their costs are taken care of, the project is guaranteed to have a future thanks to the Russian ownership, the philosophy remains the same, Crogge will be the sysadmin and so on...

I really think you're all overexaggerating how bad this is.

Also, how could they not be annoyed by all those "lolol the project is dead" posts when they're actually doing all they can to give it a long life?

Anyways let's agree to disagree about all this.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Mecher said:

kronos/twinstar wasn't on the radar for anyone because their server core is absolute dogshit and they havent had proper scripting in ever, not to mention the entire point of their twinstar system is to make money off the backs of the pserver community, because they are actually a business first and foremost. they dont even have proper ddos protection and the server goes down the minute 1 salty bulgarian with a LOIC decides to blast it and their server IP.

Kronos are better 

Edited by Sherekhan

4 hours ago, valaquenta said:

...funny how people can change.

My thoughts exactly regarding certain staff- and community members who I thought we're cool but have started bashing and belittling other people's opinions and valid concerns instead.

4 hours ago, Elicas said:

He or Asura should have done that ages ago to save everyone's time instead of feigning interest imo. :P

To y'all who are complaining and bitching right now ... See you in open beta ! 

15 minutes ago, SweN said:

To y'all who are complaining and bitching right now ... See you in open beta ! 

Pretty much this

You're good people, Valaquentah. I generally prefer low-effort shitposting over sincere walls of text any day, but this was a better read than most. Everything will turn out fine.