Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zandalarius

I'm ok with the merge...but this kind of things disturbs me...

57 posts in this topic

To be completely honest, I'm ok with the merge...mostly. As long as we get to play on crestfall, I'm fine.

However, this kind of posts is what annoys me as well...

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52538-welcome-crestfall/?do=findComment&comment=428530

This is not what was originally negociated, but the elysium playerbase don't really give a shit. I hope that the elysium staff will live up to its commitments.

Par for the course for that community.

They have people stealing class guides etc. from here as well to repost there. Can't even complain or report it, since I was permabanned from Elysium forums for daring to defend Asura and Crestfall...

So how much power will CF staff have once/if Crestfall realm launches? What can they do if Elysium decides to do things their way (let Chinese in, increase server cap and whatnot)?

Who else can't wait for the forum merge? Eh? Eh?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, that guy's a real piece of work.

But people like him aren't specific to Elysium.  Their community isn't all that much worse (or better) than any other high profile launch that has had time to settle.  Anyone who has been lurking on these forums has seen people of the same sort spring up and disappear because there was no game for them to play.

Even if Crestfall launched under its own umbrella, this tiny community would never survive its drowning in the masses of the general shittiness that is the WoW private server scene.

Edited by cybaster

Were talking about a community that doesnt ban people like Killerduki or Theloras for openly bashing not only Crestfalls decisions but also Elysiums...

Its safe to say, you shouldnt take anyone seriously.

One reason why this post of "Forest_" appears so toxic to us, is because their is no reputation-system intact on the Elysium-Forums. I pointed this out in another topic some time ago - To give reputation to posts is one of the few ways for a community to organize itself and push demands to the staff in a reasonable way.

-> Nobody knows how many people identify with "forest_" on this matter and so he will seem to some of the people here as the standard Elysium-Plebs - resulting in a wrong picture of their community, while he's maybe a tiny minority.

-> Also if there's a reputation-system moderators will think twice before banning popular opinions because they can see for themselves that they might upset many ppl (of course only if a comment ha some time to have impact - if its deleted after 10-30 minutes, welcome North Korea... Elysiums April Fools becoming real).

Greetings

3 hours ago, Polyphem said:

because their is no reputation-system intact on the Elysium-Forums.

I would like to point out that a reputation system might be flawd as well. CircleJerking is a quite common practice in the wow community.

Looking forward to having their toxic ass community on CF realms

On 22. 8. 2017 at 5:19 PM, Wolfrig said:

So how much power will CF staff have once/if Crestfall realm launches? What can they do if Elysium decides to do things their way (let Chinese in, increase server cap and whatnot)?

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caeasar's. CF server-related issues are CF team's to decide.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caeasar's. CF server-related issues are CF team's to decide.

I've said this before and I'm probably not done saying it:  The Crestfall team mustn't budge even an inch from their plan.  Not for any reason.  Better to walk than compromise.  Let's all keep our fingers and whatever other appendages we can spare, crossed.

Edited by cybaster

First page reply from Josiphoz regarding some question about remaking a new character but here is what is important and I highlighted it in red. Assuming those guys know more than we do, here is the daunting news :

On 8/21/2017 at 8:06 AM, TheGrand said:

So we need to make yet another char on a new server or can elysum char be transfered?

No, all other realms will continue progression and our original development team will still only work on the Nostalrius core, as usual. Benediction won't be finished anytime soon.

Best regards!

R.I.P.

48 minutes ago, Neuf said:

First page reply from Josiphoz regarding some question about remaking a new character but here is what is important and I highlighted it in red. Assuming those guys know more than we do, here is the daunting news :

No, all other realms will continue progression and our original development team will still only work on the Nostalrius core, as usual. Benediction won't be finished anytime soon.

Best regards!

R.I.P.

If it was finished any time soon I'd be super worried and not bother with the server. It's actually good to know that they will actually work on it with the Crestfall team. See where it leads - but if its released within 1/2 months from now. I'd be really worried - unless they have some amazing programmers ... which they don't.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Kinda makes one wonder why Elysium would agree to such terms. In case everything goes as planned, CF will have control over the realm, while Elysium's part of the deal is to... provide them with a steady playerbase as they slowly suck the life out of Elysium PvP?

All I'm saying is, in theory so far, this deal looks like a suicide by Elysium team. Though I guess if Crogge does run them, this could have been the plan all along. :D 

Edited by Wolfrig

How was Elysium the best choice for CF? It seems like the worst choice, based on what we hear here. What about Kronos instead?

14 minutes ago, Allor said:

How was Elysium the best choice for CF? It seems like the worst choice, based on what we hear here. What about Kronos instead?

People like to shit all over elysium because of vitaliy, who's now long gone since the drama from 5 months ago.

Well if other options were Warmane and TwinStar I guess Elysium is fine as long as they keep their word.

23 hours ago, Allor said:

How was Elysium the best choice for CF?

We had crogge there a few months ago, deleting the corrupted people, and he stayed.

Posted (edited)

Pretty simple.. Elysium gets a core that can carry them into multiple expansions, as well as drastically improve vanilla performance. CF community gets the best possible odds at playing on the server they were promised. Win/win. What's the problem? The fact that it didn't occur perfectly like it did on the vacuum of your imagination? Think of this shit from Asura's perspective. He has to give up the reins to something that he created from years of dedication, and all you pasty trolls can think about is the piss:milk ratio in your cornflakes. Have some empathy. Things don't always work out the way they're originally intended to. Learn to adapt like a functional human beings for Christ's sake. You've lost literally nothing, aside from a strand or two of the imaginary safety net keeping you from falling face first onto the asphalt that is reality. 💕 

Edited by Bluemoon

3 hours ago, Bluemoon said:

and all you pasty trolls can think about is the piss:milk ratio in your cornflakes.

How much in BTC would it take for you to eat a bowl of cornflakes that Asura pissed in?  Obviously, I'll cut Asura in for 50% of the wager.  It'll be his piss, after all.

I'll stick with milk, myself.  Maybe that's why I'm so pasty.

Posted (edited)

It's pretty obvius why they choose Elysium. The answer are population, nothing els. If Kronos or VoA hade 6-10k playerbase they would been talking to them.

I do understand the reasoning behind the dev team decision. I am sad they dident involwe the community in a way we could help. I don't like that it is Elysium because i think there community are cancer. People like Killerduki are there. Seen him operate on different servers as many should have by now pretty much explain why.... 

I will play on CF if they stick to there initial plan. Ofc i doubt they care for my views. But i will play there if it is Benediction core, 6 k PvP server progression vanilla - tbc - wrath - and more?, with 0 migration from another server. The promiss we were given. 

Edited by Sherekhan

The community has no 'leader', unlike Elysium...it's harder to deal with a vague lump of people than it is to deal with an organization that has something of a structure.

So, because Killerduki is 'cancer' and is in the 'Elysium community', the entire community is cancer? Each individual person is cancer?

Let's avoid making rash generalizations.

Crestfall will launch for sure, now that they are safe. Crestfall will launch as promised...and Elysium benefiting from that is irrelevant.