Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blademastaz

Elysium TBC Announcement

32 posts in this topic

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52889-legacy-crusade-the-journey-doesnt-end-here/

I just do not see how this isn't the final nail in the coffin for us.  The only way this works out for Crestfall is if the realm is released within the year, but I have a feeling IF, it is released it will be near the release of this TBC server and being overshadowed. And thats a big IF they even release Crestfall on elysium anymore at this point.

I don't see it that way at all.  With a TBC option under the Elysium-style ruleset, not only will we have a less diluted Crestfall-specific community on the Crestfall server itself, but Elysium now has absolutely no excuse to compromise any of the Crestfall-specific features that would antagonize the Elysium playerbase, such as the universal VPN ban.

Whether or not Crestfall is released, well, nobody knows.  The guys working on it see it as a pet project of theirs, and if you've followed these forums for any substantial length of time they value the pleasure of their own work over their own community in many ways, which tells you Crestfall's progress has less to do with people gabbing on forums/winning the population wars and more to do with passion.

Oh well, this is gonna drain playerbase from both crestfall and ares tbc. #elysiumwins as usual. Wish the product they provided was half as good as their politics on the pservers stage.

8 minutes ago, qqqqqqqqq said:

Oh well, this is gonna drain playerbase from both crestfall and ares tbc. #elysiumwins as usual. Wish the product they provided was half as good as their politics on the pservers stage.

Agree the mindless hypykids will play on lolysium. 

Posted (edited)

Crestfall's PTE server will be fine either way, this TBC server is not going to come out anytime soon (probably after CF's release) and will only be available for anathema players early on. Meaning that the elysium players will have to wait a long time beore they're able to play TBC. Also, people know that this is not crestfall's core.

Crestfall's PTE server is still by far more awaited, and the elysium playerbase is huge, not to mention that a lot of other people will want to play there: do you really want to deal with 10 000-15 000 people trying to log in the first weeks?

Quality brings players, and the fact that you can only play a truly good version of vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop... on the crestfall server means that it's going to be a huge success.

Stop worrying about all of this, there's absolutely no reason to.

Edited by valaquenta

Too many people here are fixated on the idea that without 10k pop, crestfall's PTE won't last.  The point and goal of CF is that there won't be huge gamebreaking bugs, or crappy releases of content that make players give up on the server.  You won't see 1-2k population drops because AQ isn't released well.  It'll be polished and feel very much like vanilla wow again.  People playing on CF will stick around, so it doesn't hurt to have the mindless shills waste their time on a mangos tbc. There seriously is nothing to worry about here.  Just wait, there are a lot of people still holding out for a solid wow PTE experience.

14 minutes ago, Kelila said:

Too many people here are fixated on the idea that without 10k pop, crestfall's PTE won't last.  The point and goal of CF is that there won't be huge gamebreaking bugs, or crappy releases of content that make players give up on the server.  You won't see 1-2k population drops because AQ isn't released well.  It'll be polished and feel very much like vanilla wow again.  People playing on CF will stick around, so it doesn't hurt to have the mindless shills waste their time on a mangos tbc. There seriously is nothing to worry about here.  Just wait, there are a lot of people still holding out for a solid wow PTE experience.

Exactly, my first ever server had like what 400 tops and declined to 200ish, yet it still was a rather busy server. All we need is about 1k pop and it's all good but I think we can all see that we will havem uch more than that. I would like to avoid queues though.

And to the OP, TBC Ely is wonderful news. Now they won't be focusing on or bothering CF and the team can launch it in peace. Even the loudest Ely forum voices said they don't care about CF but if we get a TBC PTE and they don't, then they want to transfer. With the recent announcement, I consider this problem to be potentially over :)

You guys do realize that Crestfall will have a 6k (rough estimation) pop cap on all their pvp servers, not including the PVE server which if I remember them saying it would Be blizzlike 2500 cap.

15 hours ago, Kelila said:

The point and goal of CF is that there won't be huge gamebreaking bugs

Or huge gamebreaking population :P.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

You guys do realize that Crestfall will have a 6k (rough estimation) pop cap on all their pvp servers, not including the PVE server which if I remember them saying it would Be blizzlike 2500 cap.

I think both servers will use the same 4-6k cap, I think a lot of misconception might come from them saying something like 'we don't expect to get any more than 2500 on the pve'.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

On 8/27/2017 at 3:04 AM, qqqqqqqqq said:

good, it makes it so crestfall has more desirable players to be around, and we're still gonna have plenty

Edited by Aquane

Posted (edited)

On 27. August 2017 at 8:25 AM, cybaster said:

I don't see it that way at all.  With a TBC option under the Elysium-style ruleset, not only will we have a less diluted Crestfall-specific community on the Crestfall server itself, but Elysium now has absolutely no excuse to compromise any of the Crestfall-specific features that would antagonize the Elysium playerbase, such as the universal VPN ban.

[...]

Might be, but actually i think the major thing that decides about the influx of Elysium-players on Crestfall at launch won't be the possibility for PTE, but rather the chance to play on a completely new core. So unless Elysium-TBC and Crestfall-Vanilla won't launch at around the same time (2 months or so), so that there could be serious competition about at what shiny place one wants to invest his time, i don't see a huge impact here.

But another thing that i find interesting about this announcement is the capabilities of the Elysium-Team to realize a TBC-server. As it was stated in many Crestfall-Developer-posts by Darkrasp, there was much development already going on for TBC parallel to that of Vanilla, while i never heard about work on TBC from the side of Elysium.

-> The timing of the Ely-BC-announcement shortly after the merge with Crestfall raises many question marks about the involvement of Crestfall-technology in this. Does Elysium plan to use the Benediction-Core with its already working TBC-mechanics from Crestfall for the new Addon? (There would be enough time for the merge of technology and team until then) I think this could be a good question for the next Q&A (if there will be another Q&A that is :/).

Another note on the development in this forums: I increasingly feel bad about the atmosphere here - also there are many "new accounts" with dubious actions. Also i feel like the counterbalance to this from the community itself is slowly fading ... Maybe i'm over exaggerating, i'm not sure...

Edited by Polyphem

1 hour ago, Polyphem said:

Another note on the development in this forums: I increasingly feel bad about the atmosphere here - also there are many "new accounts" with dubious actions. Also i feel like the counterbalance to this from the community itself is slowly fading ... Maybe i'm over exaggerating, i'm not sure...

It's an accurate statement.

A large bunch of people have either given up on CF entirely or stopped posting while they wait to see what happens with the Elysium release (it's impossible to say which), either way, they're not on here any more.

A small group of CF posters have created accounts on Elysium forums and moved on.

There has been a (relatively) large influx of new accounts from Elysium fans who are happy that they "won" and are coming here to essentially gloat.

I honestly lost, not all, but quite a lot of interest on the project. Since some months ago the project has been lurching and with no clear path of release; from the comments from community and staff responses it seems that it's not even clear a 2017 open beta, if there is probably will be at the very end of December just to not say open beta on 2018. I'll probably play on release but plans I had for playing are going to be scrapped for other hobbies.

If the project quality survives Niko, new volunteers and Elysium staff I just hope the project gets open sourced and sets a new standard with higher quality than mangos / trinity.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

A large bunch of people have either given up on CF entirely or stopped posting while they wait to see what happens with the Elysium release (it's impossible to say which), either way, they're not on here any more.

A small group of CF posters have created accounts on Elysium forums and moved on.

There has been a (relatively) large influx of new accounts from Elysium fans who are happy that they "won" and are coming here to essentially gloat.

With concern to the other guys post about new accounts, Ive been following Crestfall for almost a year now checking the forums daily keeping up with things never feeling the need to make an account. The only reason I started posting now is because I have no fucking idea whats going to happen now with something I was really looking forward too, and since avoiding "reddit shitposting" means not saying fuck all until everything goes under completely. Im literally just playing BDO at the moment at an attempt to bide my time for crestfall, which I dont even know is going to happen anymore.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

[...]

The author of this topic has created his account on Sunday - sayings like "this is the final nail in the coffin for us" feel really out of place. Normally somebody who wasn't active in the forums but lurked around for quite some time ("passive" member of community if you will) at least makes this clear in his first posts, especially when using words like "us" so freely.

His other two posts show the same attitude when he is warning us "friends" from Darkrasps "banning-spree" and he's badmouthing the team in the name of the community...

I feels like an Undermining of the community and its relationship to the team... and it gets viral without counterbalances anymore :(.

/edit:

@Blademastaz: Ok, now you a dressed it ... still it feels somewhat off

@Polyphem Sorry for not being too keen on shutting down threads with any negative connotations surrounding the fate of crestfall. From the look of announcements on Elysiums' forums it seems crestfall has been pushed to the side on whats coming next. And the fact that Elysium staff on the forums have said shit like "Dont worry Crestfall wont be coming out soon", I would say thats not a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, Blademastaz said:

@Polyphem Sorry for not being too keen on shutting down threads with any negative connotations surrounding the fate of crestfall. From the look of announcements on Elysiums' forums it seems crestfall has been pushed to the side on whats coming next. And the fact that Elysium staff on the forums have said shit like "Dont worry Crestfall wont be coming out soon", I would say thats not a good sign. 

Looking at the time you reacted on the closing I thought you meant the post that was full of racial escalations aso.? This one was obviously closed for good reasons.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Greetings from elysium, glad that we won!

5 hours ago, Elicas said:

The problem is the community lost. 

About tbc, did anyone see or try Elysium before the Nost merge? I did. If they don't get the felmyst work i don't the there server being ready anytime soon and the quality when it is, judging by the state of Elysium pre nost i am not worried.

Community lost, eh'?  As I've said before, this community only existed as it was because there was no game to play.  The moment a publicly accessible server goes up, the general stinking wad of humanity that is the WoW private server community invades.  I can see no reason this wouldn't apply to the Crestfall we imagined we'd have until recently.

The only practical thing we can do about it is look for link-minded players in guilds.  I wouldn't say Crestfall forum-only, because I had a great experience doing this in early Elysium.  Old-style players and the kind mindset we've been avoiding so far, well, when they get in game they're pretty much oil and water.  A man with a thought process that is 50% pepe literally cannot endure a gauntlet of social interactions with normal human beings working towards a common goal.  The reverse applies too, naturally. 

I'm saying in game these things sort themselves out.  Forums, though...

There is no chance that Elysium could actually bring out a decent working core with TBC on it. They have no ability for innovation, everything they've done has been borrowed from other Pservers.

As you know, there has never been a decent TBC core. So where are they going to beg/borrow/steal it from? It's a bullshit statement from a bullshit franchise.

It's known that the team here were working on a TBC variant using the new core. To that end, there is some development on a TBC realm in terms of structure and the DB. But none of this is transferable over to Elysium in any significant way. I was always puzzled how Crogge was going to fit in with all this. His stated aim was to use the Benediction core to allow him a standalone TBC variant under his own brand ''Legacy Crusade'' 

There was a forum on this, now removed, here http://forums.legacy-crusade.com/index.php?/forum/3-legacy-crusade/ But how was this going to get any decent population from CF? After all, while people love TBC, most would happily move onto WotLK and beyond, making Crogge's realm a cultural backwater in non-PTE-ness.

The answer to this of course was his footsie playing skills with Shenna. This brought us the shit that was Legacy Gaming Network, and now the takeover merger of CF and Elysium. So it's very much a dalliance of a large number of freeloaders on one side (Elysium) and a small number of brilliant innovators/hard workers on the other (CF).  This is the equivalent of an arranged marriage. Pristine, college educated and beautiful daughter marrying some lecherous tribal lord with money and connections.

There will never be an Elysium TBC realm before 2019. It will be Crogge's original standalone server. It will be based on Benediction. 

BTW, someone is working very hard on Reddit wowservers to edit out negative opinion. This was removed with no explanation given and no option to reformat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/6v9cdu/the_elysium_take_down_of_crestfall/

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

There is no chance that Elysium could actually bring out a decent working core with TBC on it. They have no ability for innovation, everything they've done has been borrowed from other Pservers.

As you know, there has never been a decent TBC core. So where are they going to beg/borrow/steal it from? It's a bullshit statement from a bullshit franchise.

Don't wanna sound like a pessimist, but we haven't seen anything yet from the Cestfall devs either, just written updates from Darkrasp/Asura. Everyone is shouting that Benediction is going to be the best thing ever happened, but there is absolutely no prove for that yet.

I sure hope it's going to be good. :)

Edited by Jut