Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veritch

Now that the worst is beyond us...

Posted (edited)

The announcement earlier was probably the hardest thing the CF community has had to deal with since I've been part of the community.  I wonder now if we can keep the honest streak going.  All I ask for us a simple assessment from crestfall developers with their next update on Monday of a projected timeline to an expected open-beta or release.  

In the past, I felt it was prudent to keep somewhat tight lipped about everything.  I believed that the developers had the right idea to not put artificial deadlines out there.  However, because of everything that has happened and statements from Elysium staff saying "benediction core won't launch anytime soon", I would just really appreciate us keeping our newfound openness and honesty rolling.

It has been stated by Darkrasp in the past that if 2017 wasn't looking feasible anymore we would be the first to know about it.  Well we are 4 months out from 2018 now and I think we are at the point where an honest assessment can be made on this matter.  If it is still possible for a 2017 release I'd be extremely happily surprised. 

Past updates have told us that planned schedules have been made in the past and no doubt, release date goals were made.  I don't think its beyond the realm of reason to have a strong inclination one way or the other on how much past time frames have shifted.  

I've said in the past I don't think you owe any of us anything and I still believe that.  But owing someone and being courteous to those who have stood on your side are different things.  I think it would simply be discourteous to not give your base anything, especially considering recent events, to not give a truly honest progress assessment. But, if you choose not to, again I understand but this time just a bit put off by it.  Most of us have trusted you for a while.  Some reciprocation would be hugely appreciated at this time.  That's all.

Edited by Veritch

18 minutes ago, Veritch said:

The announcement earlier was probably the hardest thing the CF community has had to deal with since I've been part of the community.  I wonder now if we can keep the honest streak going.  All I ask for us a simple assessment from crestfall developers with their next update on Monday of a projected timeline to an expected open-beta or release.  

In the past, I felt it was prudent to keep somewhat tight lipped about everything.  I believed that the developers had the right idea to not put artificial deadlines out there.  However, because of everything that has happened and statements from Elysium staff saying "benediction core won't launch anytime soon", I would just really appreciate us keeping our newfound openness and honesty rolling.

It has been stated by Darkrasp in the past that if 2017 wasn't looking feasible anymore we would be the first to know about it.  Well we are 4 months out from 2018 now and I think we are at the point where an honest assessment can be made on this matter.  If it is still possible for a 2017 release I'd be extremely happily surprised. 

Past updates have told us that planned schedules have been made in the past and no doubt, release date goals were made.  I don't think its beyond the realm of reason to have a strong inclination one way or the other on how much past time frames have shifted.  

I've said in the past I don't think you owe any of us anything and I still believe that.  But owing someone and being courteous to those who have stood on your side are different things.  I think it would simply be discourteous to not give your base anything, especially considering recent events, to not give a truly honest progress assessment. But, if you choose not to, again I understand but this time just a bit put off by it.  Most of us have trusted you for a while.  Some reciprocation would be hugely appreciated at this time.  That's all.

But you didn't pay him for keeping up this project did you? Therefore you don't have the obligation to ask anything from him, no matter how much you have stood by his side. 

@Darkrasp Close this thread thnx.

Posted (edited)

whats far more important than that, imo, is whether crestfall will have complete control over what goes and what doesn't go on their servers or not?

will the GMs abide by former Crestfall's or Elysium's rules? the former is the preferable situation by leaps and bounds

Edited by Aquane

Odds that you are going to get a release date are pretty slim.  In fact, I'm just going to go ahead and say we are not going to give out a release date on Monday.  Nor will we give a release date before we are confident we can keep to it.

I think this horse has been beaten to the point that I sometimes feel like CF is turning into my own personal Raskolnikov's Dream, but once again, we don't make promises here.  This is a hobby project and any timeline we give out is an estimation based on current progress at that time.  We're breaking in a new developer and Asura is scaling back his involvement, so the situation now is a lot different than it was even two or three months ago.  Obviously our own expectations are changing all the time, and no, we don't feel a need to communicate every little delay or decision to the community because that's the kind of shit that stirs the reddit toiletbowl into a stinking, nasty tornado that I'm beyond tired of dealing with.

We'll see how things go as Niko is brought up to speed, and once we see how much he will be contributing to development and how the new dynamic plays out with Asura in a non-leadership role, we'll be better able to assess timelines.  Simply put, we're more interested in making progress than we are in reporting that progress, and that attitude isn't likely to change anytime soon.