Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knx

Will the merge allow VPN's and CHINA?

IF you plan on inviting these COMMUNITY DESTROYERS to the servers I don't see why anyone would even bother playing on it in the first place. It's THE one thing a lot of people like me care about.

Why would I reroll a fourth time just to get invaded by chinks again? And how would banning VPNs to one server under elysium even be possible. Way to kill the server, gratz whitekidney, you've done it again. Now you can keep selling gold.

this is i think the single biggest issue regarding the merge

i think the answer given by crestfall was no, but i dont know if elysium is gonna threaten crestfall into allowing VPNs right after they release or not; i wouldnt put it below them to do that, even if they had supposedly changed

if they did they'd just ban VPNs on their servers altogether, except for on one server, which they'd transfer the VPN accounts to

I guess I could directly post this on elysium's forums, but I'd probably get permabanned for it

Edited by Aquane

A lot of people get this wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Chinese guilds on the whole. Some of them are completely legitimate and raid content just like we do. It's the Gold Farmers which use VPNs that ruin the economy and the game. So I agree that the VPN ban is the biggest factor for me wanting to choose  Crestfall, but you will still see Chinese players and guilds. There is nothing wrong with these, just as you might have German / Norwegian guilds etc, which all will speak their own language. 

Get rid of Gold Farmers and leave them on Anathema / Elysium. 

3 hours ago, Aquane said:

this is i think the single biggest issue regarding the merge

i think the answer given by crestfall was no, but i dont know if elysium is gonna threaten crestfall into allowing VPNs right after they release or not; i wouldnt put it below them to do that, even if they had supposedly changed

if they did they'd just ban VPNs on their servers altogether, except for on one server, which they'd transfer the VPN accounts to

I guess I could directly post this on elysium's forums, but I'd probably get permabanned for it

Test the waters, man.  If you do get banned, what of it?  Are you losing anything you really need to keep?

My personal experience talking about this and other contentious stuff relating to this merge was lots of deleted posts, a permanent account strike and a temporary ban, and then the account strike vanishing and the ban being lifted well before its set duration elapsed.  There was never any communication with me about the change of posture, so I can only guess at what it meant or who was involved.

Point being, I'm not sure Elysium knows how the hell this is supposed to work, either, or even how to approach the issue on its forums.  I couldn't begin to guess how this coin's going to land, given the ambiguous signs.  We're just going to have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Eyedie said:

Get rid of Gold Farmers and leave them on Anathema / Elysium. 

+1 <3 <3

8 hours ago, cybaster said:

Test the waters, man.  If you do get banned, what of it?  Are you losing anything you really need to keep?

My personal experience talking about this and other contentious stuff relating to this merge was lots of deleted posts, a permanent account strike and a temporary ban, and then the account strike vanishing and the ban being lifted well before its set duration elapsed.  There was never any communication with me about the change of posture, so I can only guess at what it meant or who was involved.

Point being, I'm not sure Elysium knows how the hell this is supposed to work, either, or even how to approach the issue on its forums.  I couldn't begin to guess how this coin's going to land, given the ambiguous signs.  We're just going to have to wait and see.

8 hours ago, AcId said:

+1 <3 <3

If you believe allowing "certain" chinese in you are wrong. Currently reporting a chinese ranker for accountsharing on elysium does absolutely NOTHING because they all use VPN and they all fall under "not enough evidence" even though the fucking character in question is online 24/7 with 5 different people playing it. I know this because i personally ranked with some and on YY you could notice the fucking person difference by miles with people who spoke english and those who werent at their shift. "Mengwang" for example is like 4 non english and 1 english speaker. Yet untouched by gms. Same with Oub, Wits, laughingsir etc..

Now with the NO PREMADES ALLOWED the server will turn 100% china ranking because not even the most welfare supported european will be able to competition 5 different chinese players playing in shifts.

6 hours ago, knx said:

If you believe allowing "certain" chinese in you are wrong. Currently reporting a chinese ranker for accountsharing on elysium does absolutely NOTHING because they all use VPN and they all fall under "not enough evidence" even though the fucking character in question is online 24/7 with 5 different people playing it. I know this because i personally ranked with some and on YY you could notice the fucking person difference by miles with people who spoke english and those who werent at their shift. "Mengwang" for example is like 4 non english and 1 english speaker. Yet untouched by gms. Same with Oub, Wits, laughingsir etc..

Now with the NO PREMADES ALLOWED the server will turn 100% china ranking because not even the most welfare supported european will be able to competition 5 different chinese players playing in shifts.

I don't think this is a matter of right or wrong; it's a matter of opinion.

I absolutely agree that account sharing is a big problem, and it needs to be dealt with appropriately. If that means blocking all VPN connections then fine by me (though I'm not even sure how that would actually work in practice), but I think it would be a shame to block access for people who just want to play on the same terms as the rest of us. Believe it not - there are actually such people in China as well.

It seems that this is also a problem due to GMs on Elysium not taking any action against evident account sharing. It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) that GMs on the PTE server will be from the CF staff, so hopefully they won't be as hesitant to ban accounts for sharing.

e61670677998463880b49063d1f56c7f.png

db4e9e1cd0f55bde8baaa7f471772895.png

This should give you a good idea of what to expect since it will be under Elysium now. Anyone with insider info feel free to chip in.

It might just be my inherent cynicism but I highly doubt Crestfall will be 'allowed' to run a VPN ban on two (assuming we get a PVE server) realms while the others have no such gating. I bet Elysium will be all 'well it's our hardware so no VPN ban' and tell Crestfall to like it or lump it. 

Whitekidney isn't in charge.  He doesn't make the rules, and he has zero say over the Crestfall realms.  As far as I'm aware, the Benediction realms will be running with a ban on VPN connections.

Unless it comes from Crogge and specifically says it applies to us, it doesn't apply to us.