Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hanneth

Hello folks! Class for all xpacs?

Hello folks!

I'm newcomer on this server, really excited about PTE idea, could be awesome. Tbh, I don't actually care if management of website etc will belong to elysium untill we get quality server we have been promised.

Actually thinking about what class was considered decent during all expansions in both way PvP and PvE. 

Thinking of : Shaman, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Hunter.

I like the lore of Shaman class, but I know that Shammy is often considered OP merely in Resto spec in both pvp and pve. Even though i like healing, I found enha/ele fun and it makes me feel upset that forums are full of whining that they can't reach high arena ratings, you won't get spot in raid as enha/ele (now and then in different patches of different xpacs).

Because I like healing, I'm thinking of Priest, but again, playing shadow sometimes would be great. In Vanilla priest is mostly go to class when it comes to healing, and in later xpansions you will never enjoy the feeling of being sometimes top DPS. When i was reading some forums, often found that in like wotlk and later shadow was like no skill class, everyone can play it etc etc.

Mage. Big numbers - oh, how I love them! BUT i experienced TBC PvE mages just sitting outside of raid and being mobile McDonalds. Not beacuse their dps was bad, but because warlocks were superior and there was no reason to take mage over warlock. In PvP they were always kinda good? Or at least decent? Or am I wrong? But they can't heal, I like healing but let's consider just they viability in a long shot.

Warlock - completely mess in Vanilla. Absolutely dominating in TBC in both pvp and pve. After TBC ... in 1v1 not the best, but good ones. Also don't wanna pick up a spec only because of one xpansion where they were OP, maybe two (including wotlk?), but what about them in cata, mop, wod?

Hunter. Always viable, not the best, funny and boring at the same time. From private servers I also experienced bugged pets, so pet management isn't very comfortable. But having personal tank comes handy. But we all know that rumors and gossips about how huntards and how easy faceroll class they're. In PvP, TBC wasn't their brightest period, but in PvE they had legendary!!! In vanilla they were decent, in WotLK an later they were good. 

So please, good citizens of Crestfall, would you mind throwing some of your opinions about these classes in the comments below, which might help me choosing one of them? Please focus more on like stability of class during longer period of time through multiple expansions. I'm also very curious what are your opinions on Shaman's DPS specs capabilities in arenas (can shammy hit 3000 arena rating ever in enha/ele in 2v2, 3v3?) and raids (but in raids i have no problem with healing).

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

P.S.: If someone asked me what is the most stable class in history of WoW, I would probably answer Rogue. But hey, Rogue is not on the list, never been my cup of coffee.

Believe it or not, Rogue is not the most stable class, Warlock is. They are superior in AQ/Naxx, TBC and even WotLK they are very strong. Don't think after Wrath (you can get top level without even trying with any class)... Rogues suffer in TBC as raids favour casters over melee hugely. I only took like 3 Rogues max (mostly 2). The only time Warlocks "suffer" is pre-ZG. But with the right consumables and buffs you can still put out 400/450dps in MC gear.

Mage - TBC hurts but amazing for farming even in TBC

Shaman is amazing in healing throughout all 3 expansions but arena they suffer compared to Restoration Druid. There is the potential for Enhancement to go far in BeastCleave (I believe) or Elemental in 5v5. But Restoration in the way to go.

Hunter rotation is boring in Vanilla, pets aren't bad on Elysium and I expect them to be better on Crestfall. But you won't ever have gold issues with this class. ( I hate hunters so don't listen to this haha)

As I have said to fellow guilds members of mine who are interested in Crestfall, think Vanilla. Then when Naxx is about to be released (and you have your main sorted) level an alt for TBC and get him geared through 20mans or pugs. Then when Sunwell gets released, do the same for Wrath. Don't worry about having ONE class for all expansions. Although if you want my opinion on the best classes for all 3 (Raid-wise) Everyone wants Warlocks / Shaman and Priests.

Judging by what you state, i'd go with Mage for vanilla (good farming in all 3 expansions + free food/drink :D ) with a potential shaman for TBC / Wrath.

Edited by Eyedie

I'd say priest.  Priest is super strong in just about every xpac in both pve and pvp.  Shadow priest is a ton of fun in TBC, way more enjoyable than any other ranged in the game imo.

Atm, I'm still reconsidering bewteen Shammy, Priest, Mage. But as Shammy I would like to go dps spec at least in PvP and before WotLK they're ... meh...

Actually trying out all three of them on some WotLK instant (I don't know if it's the best idea since CF starts on Vanilla and it takes couple years to get on WotLK), but I'm trying to figure out which one is the most enjoyable for me. Yesterday I was playing fire mage pvp and it was super fun, but classes changed so much from vanilla - wotlk, and also they changed after wotlk so much that I'm not sure if it's right to make decisions according to my experience on wotlk instant 80 (former arena-tournament, you probably know what server i'm referring to)

EDIT: i'm just kinda upset of mage state in TBC (pve wise, in pvp they should be strong?), otherwise I would probably give it a try...

Edited by Hanneth

On 9/15/2017 at 4:00 PM, Eyedie said:

Hunter rotation is boring in Vanilla

Yet you recommend mage, the 1 button raider...

But actually I love mage and love hunter. Will probably roll a hunter and mage will be my first alt.  Mages make a fuckton of gold