Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AcId

Is it worth using higher ranks of drain soul?

I've been leveling a warlock on "the other server", and I'm using Drain Soul in conjunction with the Improved Drain Soul talent for harvesting soul shards and getting a bit of extra mana regen after each kill.

So I was wondering: what are people's opinion on using higher ranks of Drain Soul. Is it worth the extra mana cost for the extra damage, or is it better to just rely on DoTs?

Level 1 is way better then the other level of this spell:
-While leveling with imp. drain soul talent You focus on mana regen (there is also a good macro that destroys soulshards if you got too much of them).
-Lvl 1 of this spell costs less mana than higher levels and the damage doesn't really increase that much (the DoT damage or other spels is enough).
-Same as leveling as endgame content (dungeons/raids) you will be using lvl 1 drainsoul (just for shards) while mob's hitpoints will be equal or less to 1-5%.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:05 AM, bampie said:

@duzyizly can u share the macro with us?

/cast Drain Soul(Rank 1)
/run local a=GetBagName(4); if a=="Core Felcloth Bag" or a=="Felcloth Bag" or a=="Soul Pouch" or a=="Box of Souls" or a=="Small Soul Pouch"
then PickupContainerItem(4,GetContainerNumSlots(4)) DeleteCursorItem() else end

This macro will delete the item (soul shard) in the bottom right corner of your left most bag (if it is a soul shard bag).